The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is a "sponge" that is called a pie but is made of lamb?

It's like we don't speak the same language. :)

No worries! We'll meet in the middle -- of the dining room.

Victoria Sponge is 2 layers of cake with jam & whipped cream in between. Supposedly this was served at tea-time once while Queen Victoria was young. She liked the combo so much that it was served each & every tea-time from that day forward. Recipe I use:

Mary Berry's perfect Victoria sandwich

(Technically, this is not a sponge cake at all, that's another story.)

Also technically, Shepherd's Pie is made with lamb or mutton -- sheep have shepherds. Here in the US, I use beef, so consider the result Drover's Pie since cattle are driven instead of herded.

Back to our Royal Watching!

This is my favorite tiara, the Oriental Circlet:

upload_2018-10-21_12-51-11.jpeg

If this one ever goes missing from the Royal Collection, ya might check my posting history for a gap....

No worries! We'll meet in the middle -- of the dining room.

Victoria Sponge is 2 layers of cake with jam & whipped cream in between. Supposedly this was served at tea-time once while Queen Victoria was young. She liked the combo so much that it was served each & every tea-time from that day forward. Recipe I use:

Mary Berry's perfect Victoria sandwich

(Technically, this is not a sponge cake at all, that's another story.)

Also technically, Shepherd's Pie is made with lamb or mutton -- sheep have shepherds. Here in the US, I use beef, so consider the result Drover's Pie since cattle are driven instead of herded.

View attachment 152198

If this one ever goes missing from the Royal Collection, ya might check my posting history for a gap....
(OT: Is there a cooking thread on WS? I love to cook and bake - trying "new to me" recipes is super fun. I do make a version of shepherd's pie, but modify it with a buttered rye crust.)

View attachment 152198

That's a stunner, do you know if anyone has worn it since the Queen Mother?

EDIT: The Oriental Circlet:
This delicate tiara was designed by Prince Albert for his one true love Queen Victoria. It was a favorite of the Queen Mother's, who gave it to her daughter Queen Elizabeth II.

You're gonna LOVE this article!!
19 Best Royal Family Tiaras of All Time - British Royal Family Crowns in History

Bagsy the Cambridge Lover's Knot or the Queen Mary Fringe tiaras for me please. Must be a very surreal moment for Royal newbies to have to decide which crown to wear!!

Last edited:
DAY 7 - Fraser Island, Queensland

Harry and Meghan visit Fraser Island

ROYAL watchers hoping to catch a glimpse of the royals on Fraser Island got to see more than they expected when the Duchess of Sussex emerged from her rest in a daring dress.

Wearing a linen maxi dress — believed to be by LA brand Reformation — with a thigh-high split, Meghan had to hold on to secure her skirt at times as the wind whipped it slightly open.

DAY 7 - Fraser Island, Queensland

Harry and Meghan visit Fraser Island

ROYAL watchers hoping to catch a glimpse of the royals on Fraser Island got to see more than they expected when the Duchess of Sussex emerged from her rest in a daring dress.

Wearing a linen maxi dress — believed to be by LA brand Reformation — with a thigh-high split, Meghan had to hold on to secure her skirt at times as the wind whipped it slightly open.

Totally inappropriate dress, she knows better.

Wearing a dress with a slice up to the upper thigh, and not having it lined, and not having it weighted!

SMH.

Totally inappropriate dress, she knows better.

Wearing a dress with a slice up to the upper thigh, and not having it lined, and not having it weighted!

SMH.
I agree. With the types of activities she is expected to do, along with being photographed every second, her clothing needs to be effortless. She shouldn't have to worry about holding her skirt together.

I do like the dress though. Seems like a simple alteration would have kept the slit from becoming news.

jmo

One more button on the slit would have been nice. The slit was too high for a person representing the RF. What is it these days, pregnant celebrities cradle their bump??
A nice beach dress and a lot better than the hideous apron looking dress she wore a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState