The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest assured SeekingJana, personal death threats and things along that line would never be tolerated on this thread against Meghan, any members of the RF, or any human being for that matter. It's against Websleuths rules.
There are people out there who are cruel, why wish harm to Meghan? Your concerns for her safety are valid.
To be fair, there's always someone who likes or dislikes an outfit that a member of the RF is wearing. I think we have more of an issue with the outfits rather than the person :D .

I'm not a Meghan Markle fan, but I am happy for her and Prince Harry to be having a baby and hope that her sister develops an allergic reaction to gossiping once the baby is born.

No, no death threats from any WS members. Never ever! I've been on WS since 1997. I know we help, we don't hurt or threaten people.. This apparently wasn't clear either. I goofed up in the communications dept. tonight. :)

I'm talking about the Royal Family's SM accounts. There is a NUT, apparently one person somewhere in the world, who is threatening Meghan on the Royal Family's IG account. I do not know if the person has been apprehended yet, but I believe they will be. I do not know where they are from. This has been in MSM news, it's not " fake news".

I want everyone who's married to be happy. That's what being married is all about. Being a team and being better together than you ever could be without that other person. :) The way Harry lost his mum, and all, he definitely deserves to have happiness with his chosen wife. His choice, his happy life, and his wife's.

Sister Sam is an ill lady, she does have MS, and appears to have some emotional issues which aren't likely to go away without medication ( IMO as a retired RN and now a therapist). I don't think she'd be wicked enough to threaten her half- sister's life though. Whole other can of worms.

People make money writing nasty books full of lies about famous people. It's not fair, but as long as someone will publish what Sam wrote, then some people will likely buy it. I won't, because IMO, Meghan deserves a private life if possible, and a healthy happy pregnancy and new family.
Thanks. :)

I need to sincerely apologize. I didn't know anything about Meghan until she was dating Harry either.

I'm sorry I took an enquiry about her style history in the wrong way. It's just that there's so much " out there' in MSM now, and some of it is horribly distorted, some of it is very true, and some of it is threatening, like the RF's official Instagram account threats of bodily harm messages for Meghan specifically.. I'm almost the age of Meghan's mom, and with Meghan expecting her first baby, my mama bear instincts come to the surface.
Age is just a number, and Meghan's had to cope with a ton of life changes in a very short period of time, and every life stressor on the chart of life stress events has happened to her except the literal death of a parent in the past 12 months.

Still, I over-reacted and I'm sorry. She's always been a very independent woman, and is very attuned to women's rights in underdeveloped poor countries. I think she and Harry can do good together in the world. :)
That's why I don't care if she has worn skimpy clothing which was usually a part of a role or commercial she was acting in. She has a " real past" as opposed to some former RF in-laws and many in very serious relationships with a RF member who were so sheltered and blue- blooded that simple things were difficult and rumors tormented them.
There have been several, both male and female, and Meghan had to develop somewhat of a stronger outlook, being an actress in the public eye before she met Harry.

Again, my heart was in the right place, but I didn't pick a good or tactful way to say that she's changed a great deal and will likely wear clothing similar, but possibly not as strictly formal, to what the Duchess of Cambridge wears due to Royal protocol for their dresses, occasions, and so forth.

I'm so sorry, all of you, and I hope you'll forgive my faux pas.
Apology accepted with respect and understanding. I can understand your concerns, and am horrified to hear she’s been treated so awfully. Nobody deserves that!

Extending a plate of cookies - peanut butter or chocolate chip?

Spotted and saved this the other day. Which colour of the rainbow suits Her Maj best?

View attachment 156477
One thing I like to do is figure out colors that would look good on someone. As I look at this photo, I am in agreement with other WSers - the Queen looks good in all these colors!

So, perhaps it's the solid color that suits her.

I also think she's thoughtful in her choices. I read (probably here!) that she picks bright colors so people in the crowds can see her (and maybe also so her own staff and security can easily keep an eye on her too). She is not one to get lost in the crowd.

The Queen is noticed. :)

Looks great.

Apology accepted with respect and understanding. I can understand your concerns, and am horrified to hear she’s been treated so awfully. Nobody deserves that!

Extending a plate of cookies - peanut butter or chocolate chip?

Thank you for your extreme kindness. :)
How about- chocolate chip, the crunchy ones? :)

Here ya go!

upload_2018-11-22_22-19-30.jpeg

oops - forgot the milk! :D

images

Has anyone watched The Crown on Netflix? I just wondered if it was good and well made.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but if you aren't... it's an excellent series and well made. It's not tabloidish or trashy or soap opera ish.
Have to say that the episode where Prince Phillip has flashbacks to his childhood and Prince Charles is sent to that dreadful school made me cry. It was a sad and emotional episode.
I'm not sure why QE2 didn't listen to her mother when she asked her to reconsider sending him to that school due to him being a sensitive child.
Can't wait for the new season.

Has anyone watched The Crown on Netflix? I just wondered if it was good and well made.

Loved the first 2 seasons, waiting for the rest to be released.

Apparently Queen Elizabeth likes it, too!

I agree about the Gordonstoun scenes. Note that Prince Charles' 2 sons did attend Eton.

The show also makes it clear that Prince Phillip is a WWII veteran, shows a bit of their life as a couple before Elizabeth became Queen.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but if you aren't... it's an excellent series and well made. It's not tabloidish or trashy or soap opera ish.
Have to say that the episode where Prince Phillip has flashbacks to his childhood and Prince Charles is sent to that dreadful school made me cry. It was a sad and emotional episode.
I'm not sure why QE2 didn't listen to her mother when she asked her to reconsider sending him to that school due to him being a sensitive child.
Can't wait for the new season.

Thank you for replying. No I’m not joking I’m planning to watch it over Christmas. I will give it a try the costumes etc are supposed to be incredible.

Loved the first 2 seasons, waiting for the rest to be released.

Apparently Queen Elizabeth likes it, too!

I agree about the Gordonstoun scenes. Note that Prince Charles' 2 sons did attend Eton.

The show also makes it clear that Prince Phillip is a WWII veteran, shows a bit of their life as a couple before Elizabeth became Queen.

Thank you for replying I look forward to learning more about the history of the Royal family I don’t know much pre the 1980s.

A8ACA263-93EB-417C-923D-F00AB32A9F15.jpeg B55AE557-55D0-4A81-B525-3F659547FCD9.jpeg 38E71D57-D5FF-4895-84A2-9FBE368D366B.jpeg

Meghan and Harry are moving out of Kensington Palace due to 'tensions' with Prince William, according to reports.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly leaving the royal residence in central London and will relocate to Frogmore House in the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Meghan and Harry 'moving out of Kensington Palace after tension with William'

Frogmore House looks lovely. It is a shame there is allegedly tension.

View attachment 156839 View attachment 156840 View attachment 156841

Meghan and Harry are moving out of Kensington Palace due to 'tensions' with Prince William, according to reports.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly leaving the royal residence in central London and will relocate to Frogmore House in the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Meghan and Harry 'moving out of Kensington Palace after tension with William'

Frogmore House looks lovely. It is a shame there is allegedly tension.

I really doubt there is tension. I couldn’t imagine why they would want to live right “next door” anyway. Most siblings don’t, no matter how well they and their wives get along. A little space is best IMO.

So.... I have only just realised Windsor Castle is so close to the M25, I’d always thought it was miles away on the south coast and thought it would be strange for H&M to move down there.

Turns out I mixed up Lego Land Windsor with Peppa Pig World in Southampton.

Anyway. Windsor Castle looks like a gorgeous place to raise a family, and I understand them wanting to get away (now I know it’s not in Southampton!)

OMG, Frogmore House is a very coveted piece of property, and it has to be special for Harry and Meghan as their evening wedding reception given by Prince Charles was there.
I've seen photos of the " cottage" and it's a very large house. The only worry I have is that large pond which is not fenced. ( Frogmore House got its name because the land is flat and rather marshy, and with an over-abundance of frogs present on the marshes).

I think they are coming out MILES ahead in terms of desirability with Frogmore House's Cottage with 10 bedrooms and so much pretty outdoor space over an apartment at KP, no matter what the size of the apartment. Also, I know there's equerry at Windsor, and their children can learn to ride there with their parents when they are quite young. My horses were a special part of my childhood. :)

I'm so very happy a young member of the Royal Family and one of Prince Charles's sons and daughters in law will be inhabiting part of the estate of Frogmore House. It's been vacant for so very long.

To me, looking at this as an obvious American outsider, it's just as it should be. A house for a family, with large proper grounds f0r children to run and play, not a stuffy apartment where everyone knows your personal business, more or less.
I'm delighted for them, and wish William and Catherine could have made a similar choice, actually, if it was feasible for them in his position within the BRF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member