the car break in

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there any details on this car break in? Where was the car (driveway/rear of house) and what was taken or damaged? Were there any other break ins in the neighbourhood around the same time?

Was it the only car in the driveway or did he usally have the company vehicle at home as well? Was it there as well and not broken into?

Has it ever been determined why the company van was in the driveway the next day after Lisa disappeared if he usually doesn't have it at home?

Once again, unless he left the door unlocked and he was the only one in the neighbourhood to do so, it would make no sense that only his car was targeted in that neighbourhood for a car theft.

Do they live on a corner lot by any chance? :waitasec:

There again someone was bold to smoke and break into a car.
Familiar and not afraid of being caught, JMOO
What did someone want in the car? cell phones again?
No car alarm to go off?
Keys to house?
cigerette butts (like in many? many people? chainsmoker?)
If I were breaking into a car, I wouldn't light up a smoke, KWIM?
Is this staged also? before the real deal?
I once had my car unlocked and noticed someone had gone through it, messed it up.
Ended up being my X's lover (he had many) and phone hang ups etc.
Hind site is always 20/20 but not when it is happening.

BBM: I was thinking house key as well, especially when they were going through the cistern with buckets....I thought what would be small enough to drop in the cistern through the deck - cell phones, keys, clothing....

Are there any details on this car break in? Where was the car (driveway/rear of house) and what was taken or damaged? Were there any other break ins in the neighbourhood around the same time?

Was it the only car in the driveway or did he usally have the company vehicle at home as well? Was it there as well and not broken into?

Has it ever been determined why the company van was in the driveway the next day after Lisa disappeared if he usually doesn't have it at home?

Once again, unless he left the door unlocked and he was the only one in the neighbourhood to do so, it would make no sense that only his car was targeted in that neighbourhood for a car theft.

Do they live on a corner lot by any chance? :waitasec:

Nope, not on a corner lot

Was a police report filed at the time of the break in? I wonder if anything was stolen from the car?

:eek::eek: omg ... what next ?

I watched this video at : http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44872173#44872173

According to the reporter, the vehicle was broken into a MONTH AGO ...

You can bet when LE and CSI were at Baby Lisa's home, they would have picked up, and sent to the lab EVERY SINGLE cigarette butt they found -- on the ground, in the home, wherever -- they would NOT have missed cig butts !

So ... was a police report filed for this "break in" and / or ... was a claim filed with the vehicle's insurance company for this "break in" ?

IMO ... these "cigarette butts" on the ground is a CROCK -- especially claiming NOW that it was from the "vehicle break in" a MONTH AGO ...

I am wondering HOW MANY cig butts were on the ground ? If it was a pile of butts, why wouldn't someone "sweep" up the butts ? And if it was a few, it is possible the weather - like rain and WIND -- MIGHT blow these BUTTS around ?

Just talking out loud here ... IMO ... this sounds like STAGING !

MOO ...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44872173#44872173
(near 2 minute mark in the video)

car was broken into last month. 10/11/11 DB asks, per this media report, for investigators to come back and test cigarette butts found near the car..

---------------
was anything taken from the car?
why was it broken into?
have there been many break-ins in the neighborhood?
--------------

discuss here

When my car was broken into a few years ago i had "evidence" and LE wouldn't take it. There were fingerprints which i knew weren't mine, they were dirty on the door handle etc.

LE told me they come to take a report for the insurance co. but are way to busy to do any more with a simple car break in. Obviously if they catch someone with what was stolen then they come back but they dont do anything itself.

Here is my take on the cigarette butts... Maybe this is being set-up as a defense strategy to be used down the road in court and maybe Deborah is already attempting to create reasonable doubt. Hence, the more suspects...the more reasonable doubt. Could be just the beginning of inserting names into the mix which provides options as to who will be thrown under the bus later.

BBM: I agree ! I believe this "latest development" with these "cigarette butts" was STAGED !

MOO ...

My car was broken into last year and the police, while very nice, would not have collected any "evidence" for an investigation. They did dust my car for prints, but I think the guy was humoring me at that point. If I had asked him to collect cigarette butts, he probably would have had to try very hard to not laugh in my face.

Having said that, though, I think it would depend on what was stolen from the car. I didn't have anything more than a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff stolen. Not high enough value to merit a real investigation.

lol they wouldn't even humor me.

I would have kept butts i found too. just in case it was someone I knew who smoked and i hadn't paid attention to the brand..like the kid of a neighbor (not even meaning the specific teen just any kid)

When my car was broken into a few years ago i had "evidence" and LE wouldn't take it. There were fingerprints which i knew weren't mine, they were dirty on the door handle etc.

LE told me they come to take a report for the insurance co. but are way to busy to do any more with a simple car break in. Obviously if they catch someone with what was stolen then they come back but they dont do anything itself.

Does anyone think they might end up slightly less busy someday down the road if they did investigate the small crimes like car break ins? Who knows, sometimes they might catch the person who did it and it might help prevent them graduating to bigger crimes.

:
I am wondering HOW MANY cig butts were on the ground ? If it was a pile of butts, why wouldn't someone "sweep" up the butts ?

Especially with a baby in the house that's starting to crawl or walk and might put cigarette butts in her mouth.

Dunno, maybe she wasn't mobile enough yet or they didn't let her down on the ground outside for some reason.

Does anyone think they might end up slightly less busy someday down the road if they did investigate the small crimes like car break ins? Who knows, sometimes they might catch the person who did it and it might help prevent them graduating to bigger crimes.

hell they probably have fingerprints from half of them for other things but they can't be bothered to investigate a car break in. I am sure KSPD is like mine was..just don't consider it a priority.

Don't think this is staged at all...not necessary. There was a car break in and they have that on file so why shouldn't the parents think it means something important..i would.

LE of course if they are focusing on the parents think it isn't

Especially with a baby in the house that's starting to crawl or walk and might put cigarette butts in her mouth.

Dunno, maybe she wasn't mobile enough yet or they didn't let her down on the ground outside for some reason.

Maybe I am mean, but i would have kept those butts in a drawer and checked every smoker i knew against them

If cigarette butts were found near ther car at the time of the break in, why didn't LE take them then? And are they just still laying there or did the family SAVE them? Something weird about that..........

I don't think it weird if someone is preserving "evidence" . . . I found mysterious cig butts in my yard earlier this Summer, picked them up with a baggy & gave them to LE when they showed up 3 days after I reported it (StLPD). Apparently, my neighbor took it upon himself to be my "body guard" when my beau was not at my house, and LE told him to stay out of my yard (since it is fenced with a LOCKED 6' fence).

Maybe the break-in was on the work vehicle. There could have been tools in there that took the value of the theft beyond the normal car break-in level. In that case the police may have done some collection of evidence. I accidently left my garage door open one night and tools were taken that amounted to over $5000 (my bf is a car mechanic). I called the police and they came and did collect evidence and specifically took cigarette butts that were on my driveway. First they asked me if they were mine or anyones in the household. I don't know what they did with them after they collected them - but they took them with them. Maybe that is what happened in this case. If so, I would be asking them to check them.

so, are we privy to the police report?

is this all speculation?

I don't know but I have a feeling that this car break in is just a red hering thrown in for who knows what reason.

But then I think if this was my child I would be looking at this and any other instance that I felt was out of the ordinary so who knows.

As suspicious as I am of DB, I think she probably did save those cigarette butts. I know I saved an empty bottle of Mad Dog that I found in my yard the day after my cat was murdered (someone killed him and skinned his legs). I preserved the evidence, but the cops were, needless to say, not interested.
So like some others upthread, I thought it worthwhile to hold on to the evidence. Let's say DB decided to save those butts and mentioned them to investigators. If they blew her off, then I cannot blame her for mentioning it to the media. I would have done the same thing, hoping that maybe some public pressure would prompt a DNA analysis.

Didn't our local poster say that the parent's smoke? And maybe their friends and neighbours who sit outside with them?

And I agree with the person who suggested that cigarette butts blow around. They're on my property all the time.

Or were specific ones taken by LE during the car break-in incident? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back