The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What laws were they attempting to pass? When did the age requirement for prosecution change also?

I don't know when the law shielding an infant under 10 was developed, but the statute referenced in Westwood pertained to Grand Jury law.

Previously the law allowed for a Grand Jury which did not return an indictment to issue a report. But in the old statute the rules/guidance for development of a report usually inhibited the creation and issuance of such reports. Several lawyers, four of them had been consultants to DA AH on this case, lobbied the legislature for a change or refinement of this GJ statute.

The statute reads - In any case in which a Grand Jury does not return an indictment, the grand jury may prepare or ask to be prepared a report of its findings if the Grand Jury determines that preparation and release of a report would be in the public interest.

What was of concern to FW and PW is that in the event there was no indictment, a report could be issued and then suppressed. For example, DA AH could claim to a judge that such a report was not in public interest to release. A release of a report must not “prejudice the fair consideration of a criminal matter.”

Further, the Ws had concerns that the tool of a suppressed GJ report would be utilized by the DA to give an 'exoneration' to the Rs. Ironic, though, that DA ML found a way around this to provide such an 'exoneration' through tDNA.

SBTC
Sancho, Bring The Car…for soon we're going to collectively have the net worth of an almost peso millionaire and we can drive all the way back to Puerto Vallarta and live there like, well maybe not quite like kings…umm…well I guess you'd say more like the level between normal people and kings. But much much closer to normal people. For, you know, about 18 months. Two years, tops.
Hence, Victory!
P.S. Can I have some $$ in twenties just in case for any small car repairs or lunches on our way down there?
Oh ***** I left the kid in the house.

My sides....:laughing:

Just a thought…if the kidnappers really were Mexicans wouldn't they say "Use that good Northern common sense of yours." ?

They weren't Mexicans - Smit just said they were going to escape to Mexico, thus the amount that would be close to a million pesos.

What an idiot. They would ask for the higher currency - why adjust downward to pesos? Just get a million dollars and you'll be better off. He was insane!

They weren't Mexicans - Smit just said they were going to escape to Mexico, thus the amount that would be close to a million pesos.

What an idiot. They would ask for the higher currency - why adjust downward to pesos? Just get a million dollars and you'll be better off. He was insane!

I don't think he could have been that crazy, I think he decided the best thing to do was to help them cover this up.

Yikes! I use the f word. For emphasis, etc. I didn't realize it puts me on trashy par with folks like them! I thought the murdering and molesting did that lol (their murdering and molesting... I'm not a murderer or a molester but I'm an f bomb dropper!)

The F word has been my favourite for many many years, especially if I am around my side of the family. I love the shock and awe, especially around my holier than thou sister from hell.

[emoji41][emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, first post in a long time. I posted on a case back in 2014 (Brogan Dulle, local kid) but then could not find my login... so here I am again. I have been enoying exploring this forum with the anniversary and a renewed interest. It happened when I was a freshman in college and I didn't really know much past what was floating around the news.

Since I didn't get my activation for a week or two, I missed posting this when it was being discussed and now I cannot find it in this thread. So sorry for the delayed comment. Anyway, Social Workers do not necessarily need to go through clinical social work to be therapists, although that would be the most ideal to be a LICSW. To practice independently they can have a MSW and a LISW (Licensed Independent Social Worker).

The F word has been my favourite for many many years, especially if I am around my side of the family. I love the shock and awe, especially around my holier than thou sister from hell.

[emoji41][emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it far too often, thanks mostly to when my younger son went through his tumultuous teens and brought the word into our home. I quickly found it useful in many situations myself, but I now need to censor myself b/c I am applying for jobs and employers tend to frown on its use.

Yikes! I use the f word. For emphasis, etc. I didn't realize it puts me on trashy par with folks like them! I thought the murdering and molesting did that lol (their murdering and molesting... I'm not a murderer or a molester but I'm an f bomb dropper!)

saying it on national TV is what makes him look trashy and I do too use that word all the time LOL but I would refrain if I were on CNN

I agree 10000%. All he did was muddy the waters more. And how he keeps saying he's protecting the innocent people by not divulging who all was present....WTF. IFFFF he had even been there, which he wasn't.... anyone in the house at the time of her death was guilty!!! There are no innocent people in which he's referring to. You know.... I wonder if there is some connection to The Ramsey's and JMK. He was supposedly in Atlanta when she was killed. They are originally from that area also. Maybe they had paid him to do all of this crazy confession BS. Just to simply muddy the water more. He knew and they knew he wouldn't be found guilty and easily be found no where near the crime scene when it occurred. So if he was trying to get a sex change, which is quite expensive, maybe the money made it worth it. Then after his sex change he would have a new identity, and also live somewhere else. So what did he really have to loose? JMOO but now I am starting to think this crazy SOB was part of the cover up all along.

thats very interesting thought Positive ! Very interesting indeed. From what I recall he too came from some money, is that right ? Maybe his father had money? I dunno makes me wonder now....

I know they weren't Mexicans. And you know how? Because instead of "attaché" they would have written "portafolio". And also because "Ramsey" isn't really a Mexicanny sort of name. :)

Has anyone else noticed Patsy appeared to have a moustache in some of her pics? Women with moustaches may have a testosterone problem, not always but sometimes and along with that is aggression, high sex drive, tendency towards violence... hummm just wondering... I spend alot of time wondering about this case

I agree 10000%. All he did was muddy the waters more. And how he keeps saying he's protecting the innocent people by not divulging who all was present....WTF. IFFFF he had even been there, which he wasn't.... anyone in the house at the time of her death was guilty!!! There are no innocent people in which he's referring to. You know.... I wonder if there is some connection to The Ramsey's and JMK. He was supposedly in Atlanta when she was killed. They are originally from that area also. Maybe they had paid him to do all of this crazy confession BS. Just to simply muddy the water more. He knew and they knew he wouldn't be found guilty and easily be found no where near the crime scene when it occurred. So if he was trying to get a sex change, which is quite expensive, maybe the money made it worth it. Then after his sex change he would have a new identity, and also live somewhere else. So what did he really have to loose? JMOO but now I am starting to think this crazy SOB was part of the cover up all along.

How ODD ! Karr had a wiki I could have sworn but now it re directs to JBR's wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mark_Karr?redirect=no

I have the perfect epitaph for this case : " With the right amount of money and bullying, all things are possible" !!! LOL

I noticed the mustache too and wondered why a woman so concerned with appearances wouldn't take care of that problem. It's easily waxed or shaved, even if she had to shave it daily or use a hair removal cream.

She was probably in early menopause brought on by her surgery for ovarian cancer. The lack of estrogen can cause extra facial hair or fuzz.

"My mind is made up, so don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Lou Smit

He believed them because they were Christian and wouldn't lie. A blind spot the size of Cincinnati.

IMO there are only 2 explanations for that 1. Dementia 2. Money or 3 BOTH LOL

Ok. Here is where I am at in my mind as of this moment.
Who actually had motive to kill JonBenet in the family?
Patsy- JonBenet wet the bed constantly. Maybe this could be a reason to snap after a long few exhausting weeks. BUT. Would she really do that considering even Burke admitted they both wet the bed and soiled themselves? Frustrated maybe but not enough IMHO to land a blow to her beauty queen's head and then strangle her. Spank her even.. quite possibly! But I don't think she would intentionally harm her. IMHO this death was intentional. An adult would know that hitting anyone with a heavy object would possibly kill them.
John- She was possibly being molested and John would obviously be on the list of suspects. But why kill her? Just saying IF he HAD been molesting her, why would he kill her? Maybe she threatened to tell is the ONLY reason I could think of. He had, IMHO the least motive.
Burke- Now this is where the motives build up significantly in my humble opinion. Let's start with jealousy. Jealous is a mother of a reason to kill. Burke had all attention on him until JonBenet came along. Then he was (at least in his mind probably) knocked off the "the tit" as us southerners say. He wasn't as important anymore as JonBenet was. (again in his mind possibly). Then add all of the attention his mother gave to JonBenet as the years wore on, and you have a serious storm brewing. Especially if he had any underlying psych issues. Then all of the money and attention the pageants brought to her. The extended family being involved in her costumes and such. Maybe in his mind SHE was getting to do all of these things and mama was watching her gleaming at her future beauty queen. I know that it has been said that Burke was involved in a lot of extra curricular activities, but you have to wonder how MANY were just to keep him busy and no one was fawning over his accomplishments as they did for JonBenet. So basically his activities were only to keep him occupied. Also to make the family look perfect with their kids involved in so many things.
Now, add in other components such as not getting the gifts he wanted (this is kind of something I feel is probably true considering he couldn't even remember the gift he just HAD to sneak down and play with that night) and maybe JonBenet getting everything she wanted. Maybe tensions were quickly rising that morning/ afternoon. By that evening he was totally pi$$ed, especially when he gets home and notices he really didn't get much. MAYBE that's why he snuck down to the basement. To check and see if maybe his parents were hiding a special gift for him for their trip?
Anyway, Burke is eating pineapple and drinking his tea and his little sister who he's possibly seriously despising at this point, come and steals his pineapple. Oh Hell NO. He's had ENOUGH of his bratty spoiled sister. He grabs the flashlight nearby that maybe he used to sneak a peek at the gifts and chases her with it. He's hit her before and got away with it. No telling honestly how many times either. She's thinking she's being chased in fun and jest. Burke however is not in the least bit happy. She runs to the basement where they play, and in the privacy of the basement is when he makes his move. He hits her hard and means it. Maybe he didn't quite realize how fatal it could be but he wanted her to feel his pain some. When she doesn't get up, he just pokes at her with the train track. Maybe she's having seizures or doing something uncontrollably and he doesn't want his mama who may be packing upstairs to hear her. So he finds the cord (used for something entirely different usually) and chokes her from behind. To make her stop doing whatever her body is doing in the last throws of life. He at this point maybe did the strangling out of fear and panic. His mama might have noticed at some point JonBenet wasn't in her bed while she was packing and found her dead. That may have been the scream heard by neighbors. Then the cover-up occurred by the parents. He was sent to his room to stay out of the way. They would deal with him later.
I feel Burke had the most to gain from her death in his eyes at least. This is all my humble opinion, but this is where my mind is at right now. Burke did it in a white hot fit of rage. Something he was prone to probably.

my friend lived in Littleton, she went to the same beauty shop as one of the cops, not gonna name names, anyway the theory early on was JR was caught molesting JB and PR caught them and a fight ensued where JB got injured, so they both finsihed the job and covered it up. I never really bought this theory but that was the word around town in early 97

Has anyone else noticed Patsy appeared to have a moustache in some of her pics? Women with moustaches may have a testosterone problem, not always but sometimes and along with that is aggression, high sex drive, tendency towards violence... hummm just wondering... I spend alot of time wondering about this case

That moustache was Patsy's flavor saver, so she could have that sweet, fresh pineapple upper lip feeling all day long.
But seriously folks, she was a psycho.

Just a side note not relating to the murder. I read that the White's were so intimidated by the wealth surrounding the Ramsey's that they left and refused to stay where the Ramey's had placed them for the funeral. That made me curious at just how snobby are these folks, OMG I found the Ramsey's neighborhood in Atlana and found videos of the homes next door and on the same street. It's like nothing I have ever seen before. Houses so big you would get lost in them, take a look:

[video=youtube;rW3ZjQIdokg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW3ZjQIdokg[/video]

So when LS says that $118000 USD is close to $1 million pesos he really means...that exact amount was "close" to almost 900,000 pesos if you round up.

Sorry, I can't find a smiley that appropriately expresses my feelings. There is a gif...
attachment.php

Rigggghhhtttt.....
Hahahaha!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors