The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the friends brought food for everyone...

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but is there a common thought on why there was a pillow on the kitchen counter? Has anyone come up, where the pillow came from? Was there a pillow missing from JBR' room or BR's room? JAR's room?

attachment.php

-Nin

It makes me think of the pillow sham (decorative pillow case for anyone who hasn't heard of a sham before) found inside the suitcase in the basement. I wonder if there's a connection but I don't suppose we'll ever find out because I've never seen that the Ramseys were asked to identify the pillow sham. May have missed it of course.

I just thought to ask, do you all get mail on 26th December in the States?

Here it is a public holiday and there is no mail.

And another thing, would the banks be open? Just thinking of the ransom note's instructions to go to the bank.

I think the family believed there HAD to be a ransom note. They wanted LE to believe JBR was spirited away in the dead of night. Without a ransom note, you simply have a missing children, and what would LE do first? Search every nook and cranny of that house thoroughly. Plus cast a very suspicious eye on the missing child's family. I think the original plan was to conceal the body until LE cleared out to search for the foreign faction.

Having said that, the shorter the ransom note the better. Every single letter is a potential clue to the author's identity so it should be kept to 2=3 sentences at most.

Patsy may have asked for the $118,000 because she knew John would have to get the ransom together. This would be readily liquid cash from his bonus. LE would know something was wrong if he didn't get the ransom ready. If the letter asked for more, it would have taken more time, and he could not have it by the set time for the ransom call. They wanted the police OUT of the house as early as possible. This is probably why the ransom call was supposed to come between 8am-10am. When it didn't come, they thought LE would leave in pursuit of the foreign faction and the family could hop on a plane, possibly with JBRs body.

I think they low ransom amount was because of their liquid assets too. I have no clue what was in JR's bank account that day, but people that are worth a few million dollars don't usually have quick access to it. To me this shows that a wealthy person is likely to have written the note because most people just assume millionaires have a lot of money lying around, and that's not really the case.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes I think my dad dodged a bullet on that one! It took me a couple years of sleuthing till I finally found them. Neither Robert or my aunt were aware of my Dads existence, his bio mom apparently kept the pregnancy and subsequent birth a secret from her 3 older children. We got lucky and shortly before she passed away confided in my aunts son she had given my father up and he apparently never told anyone until I contacted her. It's crazy the things that can be kept secret. My Uncle through our correspondence has revealed many disturbing traits. My father has written him too and when he told Robert I had been researching documents from his trial was not happy and said something to the effect of "I'm not sure what she hopes to find." Its like well I hope to find out why you killed your wife. I mean did he really think we wouldn't look at that stuff. He thinks very highly of himself he even represented himself at trial!

If this was the case, then we have to also question the source of JBR's pineapple. JBR may have eaten pineapple, but it is not safe to say it was the one we see in the crime scene photographs, the white bowl with the spoon.
What a doomed investigation , right from the beginning. PR knew that IMO, when she started to call in her friends just 2 minutes after dialing the 911 call.

-Nin

And another thing, would the banks be open? Just thinking of the ransom note's instructions to go to the bank.

Banks were open.

-Nin

Yes, we don't really celebrate Boxing Day....Depending on the day of the week that Christmas falls on, the 26th is a normal business day, although many organizations are on a skeleton staff and not really functional. I suppose there are neighborhoods where the trash is picked up on the day after Christmas, especially since there is usually a lot of garbage from Christmas celebrations.

BR should never have gone on the DP Show. I think we all can agree upon that fact.

I want to go on record here as NOT AGREEING!

I want Burke to do more interviews! I think he looked great, totally trustworthy, and the Dr. Phil interview was a SMART MOVE! He should keep doing more interviews, so people will see how honest he is!

Wasn't the friends, they didn't have enough time and Patsy said it was urgent. It was the Victim Advocates who brought the food. Well-meaning people but they muddled things up a lot by "helping" the distraught family.

Quoting myself now..

I am completely bumfuddled by this now. According to JR, they would never leave food on the table like the pineapple bowl..but the looking at this, all the bagels and stuff from breakfast..WERE THEY ALL UP ALREADY HAVING BREAKFAST THAT MORNING??

The filming would have taken place after the body was found. I've always assumed the bagels were brought and/or put out by one of the friends during the time LE still thought it was a kidnapping.

The pillow is strange though.

"JONBENET'S PAGEANT TITLES:
Colorado State All-Star kids Pageant: April 1994.
Little Miss Charlevoix: July in 1994.
Tiny Miss Beauty: unknown year.
America's Royale Tiny Miss: Division title: July, 1996.
America's Royale Miss Colorado Dream Queen: July 1996.
Miss Colorado Sunburst: October 1995.
Sunburst National Pageant: 2nd place: August 1996.
Colorado's Little Miss Christmas: December 17th 1996.
Colorado's All-stars Christmas Pageant: Metal for talent: December 22nd 1996."

It could not have been a coincidence, in my opinion, that JonBenet who was crowned "Colorado's Little Miss Christmas" eight days before she was murdered
on Christmas Day - of all days!

This could point to premeditation. What are your thoughts on this?

What stuck out for me was the date. That's the date Patsy rang the doctor's surgery three times, and couldn't remember why.

!!!! Nice catch.

Also, was PR gravely disappointed in JBR for only winning a medal for talent on Dec. 22? Is this why JBR was crying and said she didn't feel pretty at the party on Dec. 23 - is it because PR berated her for failing to win in the beauty category or win the top crown?

It could not have been a coincidence, in my opinion, that JonBenet who was crowned "Colorado's Little Miss Christmas" eight days before she was murdered

So on the very day she won one pageant, her mom had to call the pediatrician's office after hours 3 times....but couldn't remember why.....hmmmm l wonder if there could have been some jealousy that day.

Then, 5 days later, she has another pageant, which she wins a talent medal for. The next day (23rd) she says she "doesn't feel pretty" while at a party at her house, at which 911 was also called, but sent away without making entry into the house.

And 2 days later, she's dead in the cellar of her home.

I can see now why the GJ indicted her parents for not protecting her. I think they had warning signs in December, if not long before that.

The reason JonBenet was found wearing the new size 12s was b/c ALL of her other underwear was stained. Why not throw them away and purchase new ones? Forcing a child to notice their imperfections every single time they pull down their nasty looking drawers is cruel and abusive.

Rice cooked.

So then it must have been Patsy who put the new underwear on her - out of shame because all of her other underwear was stained? She knew the LE would be finding JBR and would have a post-mortem exam, didn't want the stained panties to be found and exclaimed over....She had maybe told JonBenet that she would get new underwear when she stopped wetting/soiling them? And now JonBenet is dead and will never wear those new underwear, so here's at least a new pair even if it's the wrong size?

As for 911 call on 23rd, maybe someone threatened a child to call the police upon his misbehaviours ..picked up the phone and dialed and hung up ..kind of a warning ..
just a thought..

Maybe JBR didn't feel pretty because she wasn't allowed to wear her pageant makeup to the house party.

I don't believe for one second that PR discovered the RN, rushed into BR's room and didn't shake him awake asking him "where is your sister? Have you seen your sister?"

I do not believe for one second that any child would be awakened by its mother asking "where is my baby?", going psycho and not ask anything or get out of bed to help search for her.

Everything they have ever said that happened once they left the White's house is just a pack of lies.

PR's sweater fibers were entwined in the cord and on the sticky side of the tape. She made the noose and hand ties.
PR is the ONLY person who can not be eliminated as the author of the RN.

BR may have cracked the child's skull, but at least PR staged the scene to deflect away from the house.

Of the 3, I think JR is the least involved and likely figured it out while PR was on the phone with 911 which is why she called friends over to create a swirl of activity that would keep JR from focusing on her and BR - on front of people.

I disagree- I think John came in last possibly but I totally believe he was a part of the staging. I think Patsy found her and screamed for John- no way could Patsy do everything herself- the ransom note alone would have taken up a lot of her time. MOO

So then it must have been Patsy who put the new underwear on her - out of shame because all of her other underwear was stained? She knew the LE would be finding JBR and would have a post-mortem exam, didn't want the stained panties to be found and exclaimed over....She had maybe told JonBenet that she would get new underwear when she stopped wetting/soiling them? And now JonBenet is dead and will never wear those new underwear, so here's at least a new pair even if it's the wrong size?

Heymom,
Does this mean Patsy never bought JonBenet a set of size-6 Bloomingdales underwear on the New York trip, otherwise surely a pair of these would have been clean?

Thank you! Yes, it is worth considering those pageant dates, especially from the standpoint of the attention she garnered and whether it triggered BR's jealousy. One slight correction, though. The Little Miss Christmas Pageant on the 17th was a true competition. She won several awards, including the one for talent. The All-stars Christmas performance in the SW Mall on Dec. 22 was just that, a performance which included the kids who were at the Colorado Little Miss Christmas Pageant. Btw, in Smit's '98 interview he has the dates muddled, but Schiller has listed them correctly. Here is JR's interview with Smit regarding his attendance at the Little Miss Christmas Pageant:

12 LOU SMIT: Did you go to that pageant?
13 JOHN RAMSEY: I went to the talent part
14 which is always what I wanted to support JonBenet
15 on, was the talent part of it. So I'd actually
16 gone. Her talent performance was supposed to be at
17 like 3 o'clock and I got there at three and it was
18 actually ahead of scheduled because she had
19 already done it and she had one off the whole
20 thing for talent. And I walked in and she took
21 this off her neck and put it on my neck. She knew
22 that was important.
23 I had always said, you know, you have fun, you
24 know, don't worry about winning or losing but, you
25 know, work on your talent. So that was always kind
1 of like (INAUDIBLE).
2 LOU SMIT: Did (INAUDIBLE) go to the
3 pageants, John?
4 JOHN RAMSEY: I would go to some of them,
5 and I would go to the talent part when she was
6 doing her performance. But I usually wouldn't go
7 to the whole thing.

and Patsy's description of the mall event and the little red elf costume she wore:

24 PATSY RAMSEY: No, no, it was
25 something she had worn for a Christmas
1 performance. It was a little Christmas thing.
2 TOM HANEY: When had she worn that?
3 PATSY RAMSEY: She had worn it --
4 well, she wore it, some of her pageant girls
5 performed together in a group, some Christmas
6 songs and things, down in a mall in Denver, she
7 wore it for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online