The cost of searching for Kyron

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It scares me that only four people are going through thousands of pages of records. I wish they'd assign more people to it to speed up the process. We could certainly help. :)

A lead investigator, two detectives and an investigative technician are assigned to examine all these records.

I completely agree, DairyGirl, but I doubt you will get the explanation you want. Is this a re-election year for the sheriff by any chance? I'm guessing not.

I don't live in Oregon but as a taxpayer in general I am frustrated by what at least appears to be total lack of movement on this case. I would love to be proven wrong, that really MSCO is ready to make an arrest and need the money to prepare for trial but that is unlikely as a trial would have to be ready to go within 60 days, right?

I can guarantee you that if on election day Kyron hasn't had justice I know who I won't be voting for.
Our schools are dying out here, they are cutting things left and right and we are supposed to hand over another half million to solve a case that they haven't made any progress towards with the first half million? I am digusted that it looks like they only thing they may have accomplished is the systematic harassment and persecution of someone that haven't even named as a person of interest?

It scares me that only four people are going through thousands of pages of records. I wish they'd assign more people to it to speed up the process. We could certainly help. :)

A lead investigator, two detectives and an investigative technician are assigned to examine all these records.

Sorry to quote myself, but I need to amend what the reporter states, after reviewing the document. According to the document, the 4th person, the investigative tech, has not even been hired yet.

So, only 3 people are currently reviewing the subpoenaed records. :(

Oh boy, this is gonna make a whole bunch of Oregonians very upset. Dairygirl, I think you are just one singer in the choir on this one!

More people working faster isn't necessarily better or more desirable.

A small group dedicated to this task gives the lead more control over the process; more likely they will work together as a team toward a specific goal and less likely that one will head off in a direction that causes delays or throws the investigation off track. There will be less chance of unintentional leaks, and if a leak does occur, they will immediately know where it came from and deal with it if need be. It also reduces the risk of it becoming something like your elephant cartoon.

Think about it like a special forces unit in the military. Small groups, each tasked to complete a specific mission.

It does sound discouraging, except for a few things: they anticipate needing the overtime and technician time even in the event of an arrest. If they arrested someone tomorrow, they would still be following leads to more evidence, conducting interviews and subpoenaing records. Also, if they are beginning a new fiscal year, it would make sense that they planned financially for the worst, even if they were expecting the best.

I honestly don't think the public has the right to be informed if doing so would jeopardize the case. Finding this child and the eventual prosecution of the guilty parties trumps the public's curiosity, IMO.

I'm glad to a certain extent that they plan to work "overtime" within the next few months. However, overall, this is not sounding good. Using past cases as references, I know that fundraisers have been done to cover the costs of certain searches, etc. But, this sounds a bit desparate. :/

I guess this means the FBI is no longer involved since it turned into a criminal investigation?

More people working faster isn't necessarily better or more desirable.

A small group dedicated to this task gives the lead more control over the process; more likely they will work together as a team toward a specific goal and less likely that one will head off in a direction that causes delays or throws the investigation off track. There will be less chance of unintentional leaks, and if a leak does occur, they will immediately know where it came from and deal with it if need be. It also reduces the risk of it becoming something like your elephant cartoon.

Think about it like a special forces unit in the military. Small groups, each tasked to complete a specific mission.

Yep I'm familiar with the process. I still think that amount of paperwork needs more people, preferably one familiar with the case, versus the newbie they're going to hire.

Yep I'm familiar with the process. I still think that amount of paperwork needs more people, preferably one familiar with the case, versus the newbie they're going to hire.

They may not being hiring a newbie, but rather placing someone from inside the department into the position; it could well be someone who is already involved in the investigation.

I am really sad! I now feel like our little man will never come home! :( I need to take a break from this case, for a bit. Not sure if I can stay away, but no case has driven me to tears, as many times as Kyron's has.

Hello Clue,

I'm grieving alongside you... This news makes me feel very bad inside for many reasons. I can't imagine what it is making Kyron's parents feel.

I would dearly love to hear of a team of 10 top ace detectives volunteering their time to find Kyron and the person who took him away from his parents.

Look at this another way - if they weren't asking for enough money people would be saying they were skimping on the case and not doing enough.

This request for money implies a dedication to the case on into the future, and it's a message that they intend to keep it on the front burner. They just need to plow through the evidence they have and meanwhile keep looking for more.

Some cases are like this. *shrug* :twocents: Most cases aren't solved in a few weeks, unfortunately. No telling how much was spent on the Anthony case before they made an arrest.

One more thing ~ they can't just hand over important documents to a bunch of volunteers. That might put the integrity of the evidence in jeopardy if this ever goes to trial. The first thing the defense always does is try to find problems with the evidence. If one piece of paper is lost that might ruin the whole trial, and even well-meaning volunteers can't take responsibility for that.

(Sorry if I sound like a stickler ~ my daughter is in law school!)

Heck, I'll be bonded, no problem. I'll even camp out at Kimster's so she can keep an eye on me. I'll dedicate myself 24/7 to reading documents and pulling out cogent information as pertains to the case.

Give me the cell phone records....I've become an "expurt" in my own mind from the Caylee case....:crazy:

Sooo, Are they bringing in some expert (outside) help, or promoting some of the good 'ol boys from within?:waitasec:

Singing: Movin' On UUUP.

So, what happens when/if school starts up again and they haven't solved the case? Not to beat a dead horse, but weren't the parents told not to worry about sending their kids back to school..ect.? If they don't have a POI (official) or someone arrested by the time school starts up---how are the parents going to react?

Speaking from MOO I would be really wary about sending my kid back to school.

Does this put pressure on LE to "get it solved" by the time school starts again?

So, what happens when/if school starts up again and they haven't solved the case? Not to beat a dead horse, but weren't the parents told not to worry about sending their kids back to school..ect.? If they don't have a POI (official) or someone arrested by the time school starts up---how are the parents going to react?

Speaking from MOO I would be really wary about sending my kid back to school.

Does this put pressure on LE to "get it solved" by the time school starts again?

Hi Goatman, I keep thinking of the Sheriff's statement early on that they will solve this case. Come September I am going to expect they will, and if not he'll have to address the public again. Allot of people work well under pressure, hopefully LE will be among them. xox

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back