The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerard's mad and frantic run-around to doctors on that Saturday morning was surely in response to his solicitors advice.. considering that Constable Ash had remarked on the gouges in his face, ( in fact, it was the facial craters that provoked Ash into ringing his Sergeant and expressing his suspicions within minutes of his arrival at the house ) .

Gerard lawyered up mighty fast, which prevented a police medical examination for some time. By the time he got to these doctors his home was declared a crime scene, and he himself knew he was in the hot seat.

Reading thru the both doctors affs , the first doc wasn't , from Gerards point of view , as compliant.. she wasn't buying the shaving story ( he also hit on her with a real estate spiel)... the second doctor wasn't much more co-operative to Gerards desire to have these gouges registered somewhere as shaving rips...

I'm off to court this morning. Hopefully can check in later this morning.

Lots of details re Nige and Livvy please bikerchick, no matter how small, we want to know it all! Thanks for attending and keeping us up to speed.

It is great hearing from sleuthers who have actually attended as there are always tidbits we miss with the tweets etc (not that I don't love and appreciate the tweets too!)

From my experience at the committal, it is not always easy to post on WS from the court room and listen at the same time. So for those attending, we understand if you only report in the breaks, or later in the day. Thanks heaps.

Nigel and Olivia on the stand today .... should be interesting. Poker faces all 'round?

Nige for sure... Olivia , not so sure.. unless she has been woodshedded for the past 2 years... made to practice and practice...

Looking back on that one vid clip where Gerard is sprung by the lovely woman reporter, you see Gerard falling out of the car advancing on her, his beady eyes firmly fixed on her bosom ( whoever sent her knew the effect) , wringing his hands, being Mr Floppy Puppy Worried Husbandish All Round Nice Guy... but Olivia.. she reluctantly edges forward ,eyes darting and swivelling, she isn't nervous of the reporter, but highly agitated about Gerard..

She is extremely alert as to what Gerard is saying and might say ....

Hope you are feeling better Ippygal. Absolutely you can go to the trial, any day. Google the supreme court for its location in George Street. It's next to the magistrates court just passed the Turbot street intersection. Just walk in the main doors about 9.30 am, go through the security, like at the airport, and on your left on the wall are scrolling digital lists of the matters on that day. Look for the Criminal trial list and see what floor and room it's in. Then get the lift up to the floor and find the room. Hang around near the doors and when they open them, head on in and find a seat. You can leave the courtroom at any time, just bow to the judge as you go in and out the doors. If the courtroom is full you can go to the room that is set up for live streaming, the room number will be on the courtroom door.

I hope to get there on Friday for the day.

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me Alioop!!! Had all my (non obsessed with this case friends telling me no way could anyone go in as it's such a high profile case- but obviously from being on here discussing for over 2 years I knew I could!!!!) Will prob head in one day next week! Xx

This thought also crossed my mind Froglady. From what I gather, Allison's daughter got up to get a drink of water about 15 minutes after she went to bed, sometime between 6:30pm and 7:00pm. So I'm wondering how GBC would have killed Allison and sustained the scratches and marks on his body in that short interval without disturbing the girls at all. Did he simply pick up a cushion or pillow and hold it over her face until she stopped breathing, but not without Allison putting up a God Almightly (albeit silent) fight in the process?

It seems there's something a bit wacky with the times of when the girls went to bed.

Allison doesn't leave hairdresser until 7pm??

And how many kids go to bed as early as 6.30 - 7pm?!?!?!

The oldest was 10years at the time...a 10yr old in bed at 6.30!??!?

The younger daughter burst into tears as she told detectives her mother sang Away in a Manger as she tucked her into bed the night before, returning five minutes later to check on her.
She said her mother had checked on her again, before she went to bed.

The Baden-Clays’ eldest daughter recalled waking that morning to find her father in the kitchen, making their school lunches.

She said her grandfather, Mr Baden-Clay’s father Nigel, and her aunt, Mr Baden-Clay’s sister Olivia, arrived at their house a short time later. Mr Baden-Clay and his sister went looking for Mrs Baden-Clay, “to see if she was still walking”, the eldest daughter said

The girl’s grandfather took them to school shortly after police arrived at their house to speak with Mr Baden-Clay.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...wasnt-there-20140611-zs4hz.html#ixzz34NS0PgXF

I always thought OW took the girls to School?

Gerard's Barrister and the throwaway remark re Alison 'desperate' for a male child...straight from Gerards mouth, that one.. He started the affair right at the time when their third child was born, a girl, and Gerard, with his nutso fantasy of being a Baronet ( he would have to eradicate about 7 people first before that even got on the horizon, it only goes thru the eldest son ) which is one of the reasons NBC changed the family name from plain Clay to Baden-Clay in the remote hope of this eventuality. Only Gerard , with a son , could possibly remotely ridiculously make this claim.

It is one of the reasons why Alisons death was gazetted in Burke's Peerage ( and was labelled a murder from the start in that register, within hours of that Friday )

It must have been disappointing to the Defence that Alison hadn't expressed any of this nonsense to her close friends.. I bet it will be asked again of someone though..
I think... ( delving into the realms of sheer peculiarity) that Toni and Gerard had a little weird fantasy going on about this element also.. recalling his remark to Ben Bassingthwaite about how he would have to buy ( with what?? monopoly money? ) a larger car to haul his blended family around.. the 3 girls and the twin boys..

Tony had a quid!!!

It seems there's something a bit wacky with the times of when the girls went to bed.

...and she had a quick meal with her friend Kerrie, after the hairdresser's?? Yep, something's off with the timeline

The younger daughter burst into tears as she told detectives her mother sang Away in a Manger as she tucked her into bed the night before, returning five minutes later to check on her.
She said her mother had checked on her again, before she went to bed.

The Baden-Clays’ eldest daughter recalled waking that morning to find her father in the kitchen, making their school lunches.

She said her grandfather, Mr Baden-Clay’s father Nigel, and her aunt, Mr Baden-Clay’s sister Olivia, arrived at their house a short time later. Mr Baden-Clay and his sister went looking for Mrs Baden-Clay, “to see if she was still walking”, the eldest daughter said

The girl’s grandfather took them to school shortly after police arrived at their house to speak with Mr Baden-Clay.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...wasnt-there-20140611-zs4hz.html#ixzz34NS0PgXF

I always thought OW took the girls to School?

Yes, I always thought OW took them to school also. Wasn't that in the police statement. Those poor girls must have been so confused and upset. How much schooling do you reckon they would have had that day. Your mother is missing and you are sent to school to learn 5 + 6 = 11.

Tony had a quid!!!

She only had $100,000.00!! a drop in the bucket considering Gerards fiscal nincompoopery~! ( and that didn't last long.. it was all gone by the time his committal came round, she had, I believe moved in with her mother, the flat at St Lucia gone, gone , gone....)

What I think is.. they thought ( NBC,EBC, GBC) that Toni had money.. she drove a Lexus!.. Toni thought they had money . ( Gerard was driving a Lexus!, a double barrelled name!, ) every body got the wrong idea!!

NO body had any money!

I am also wondering how dinner with a friend fits in with the time frame too. Leaving the hairdresser at 7:00 after a 4:00pm appointment doesn't make sense either. How did she fit dinner in after the hairdresser and putting the girls to bed by around 7:00? None of it makes sense. All I can think is that in my limited experience with courts that sometimes wrong times etc. get recorded as facts...... And then it seems hard to correct the error........ Or someone hasn't remembered details accurately. Maybe all those things did happen, but the time is wrong..... Of maybe there is some other explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme