The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookfield is VERY quiet of an evening. Very few cars on the road and most houses are on large blocks ( minimum half an acre) sound would carry very well out there of an evening.

Yup - I know, I live there. But we're less than a Km from the showgrounds, and in direct line of sight. And even when the show or another function is on there, with loud amplified music - we can just hear the music (varies with the wind direction), and can't hear voices at all. And we're a LOT closer to the showgrounds than the distance between Clarkson Place and the B-C house.

I just find it peculiar that people as far away as that - in both directions (Fleggy lives at least that far away in the opposite direction) - heard screams.

We know one of the others who lives much closer, and who will also be a witness, who also heard screams. But I'm just wondering where they could have been coming from in order that they apparently carried so far on the night air.

Even those sirens last weekend, from the showgrounds, could JUST be heard at our place, and we're a heck of a lot closer....

Or maybe I'm just getting deaf as I get older?? ;):blushing::banghead:

FYI could always hear sound especially at night. We would frequently be annoyed by parties in the area late at night as our children were small . What I'm saying is that it's quite possible to hear such a noise from
clarkson place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than anything I hope that there will be a conviction, for the Dickies sake.

Let's not forget that weaving the threads of circumstantial evidence into a rope that will convince takes time. This is only day three out of five weeks. The timeline will become clearer, or will unravel some of GBC's constructions, with others yet to take the stand. This is what will get him undone. A lot of what will be told will be matched with photos, film, phone records and interview records, as well as stories (real or otherwise) provided by GBC, NBC TMH and OW.

I have faith in the OPP

That's a very plausible scenario. Do you think it's possible the motive wasn't ending the marriage and money and rather was an intimate partner violence incident that escalated to murder and/or coverup - all the other stuff fuel for the fire but not the actual reason?

Yes I do.

The credit cards on the table suggests to me that there might have been an argument about money.
Who leaves their credit cards out like that and not in their purse or wallet ?

it could have been staged like that by gbc to show he tipped allisons bag out searching for her phone?

Is there somewhere around here that has a list of people involved in the trial and their relationship to people and their initials? I can see myself becoming confused quite quickly with all the "bc's" lol
Thank you in advance

I came into court directly behind NBC and EBC and OW. They all looked rather composed but NBC has aged a lot since I last saw him. I really really hope they are not involved. I would say that they know the truth but all the antics are to save face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was OW & NBC in the actually court listening to evidence today??

That's a very plausible scenario. Do you think it's possible the motive wasn't ending the marriage and money and rather was an intimate partner violence incident that escalated to murder and/or coverup - all the other stuff fuel for the fire but not the actual reason?

I think it was a combination of all the above & the whole lot came to a head on that night.

The pressure was full on with GBC in so many areas of his life...& he couldn't handle it.

Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller said during his opening that Allison normally drove Sparky and suggested the toys police found in the back the day she was reported missing were not normally there.

He said police found a blood stain in the back of the car, after removing the toys and putting the back seats down.

That blood matched Allison's DNA when tested, Mr Fuller said.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clay-wipes-away-tears-murder-trial/2286717/

Is there somewhere around here that has a list of people involved in the trial and their relationship to people and their initials? I can see myself becoming confused quite quickly with all the "bc's" lol
Thank you in advance

Names of main people involved....

Allison Baden Clay - majority don't use initials for her

GBC - Gerard Baden Clay

NBC - Nigel Baden Clay (father)

EBC - Elaine Baden Clay (mother)

OW - Olivia Walton (GBC's sister & spokesperson)

TM - Toni McHugh (mistress)

JF - Jocelyn Frost (GBC's business partner)

PB - Phillip Broom (GBC's business partner)

BB - Ben Bassingthwaighte (was employed at GBCs real estate office at the time - is now a police officer)

BF - Bruce Flegg (friend of GBC - supposedly heard screams on the night of Allison's murder even though he lived some distance away )

SH - Sue Heath, at the time of Allison's murder, she was in a relationship with Bruce Flegg. Gave GBC a phone to use after police seized his phone.

Detective Inspector Mark Ainsworth - Metropolitan North's regional crime co-ordinator

Kieron Ash - first attending police officer

Below is a map showing where Clarkson Place is (where Mrs. White lives) in relation to GBC's place.

A = 593 Brookfield Road.

B = Clarkson Place.

Mrs. White also mentioned that the screams seemed to have come from down towards Greentree Avenue, which can be seen in the lower centre of the image.

Click image to enlarge.

Clarkson-Place.jpg

Names of main people involved....

Allison Baden Clay - majority don't use initials for her

GBC - Gerard Baden Clay

NBC - Nigel Baden Clay (father)

EBC - Elaine Baden Clay (mother)

OW - Olivia Walton (GBC's sister & spokesperson)

TM - Toni McHugh (mistress)

JF - Jocelyn Frost (GBC's business partner)

PB - Phillip Broom (GBC's business partner)

BB - Ben Bassingthwaighte (was employed at GBCs real estate office at the time - is now a police officer)

BF - Bruce Flegg (friend of GBC - -supposedly heard screams on the night of Allison's murder even though he lived some distance away )

SH - Sue Heath, at the time of Allison's murder, she was in a relationship with Bruce Flegg. Gave GBC a phone to use after police seized his phone.

Detective Inspector Mark Ainsworth - Metropolitan North's regional crime co-ordinator

Kieron Ash - first attending police officer

Thank you so much you are awesome!

The credit cards on the table suggests to me that there might have been an argument about money.
Who leaves their credit cards out like that and not in their purse or wallet ?

I'm wondering whether some were just eftpos cards? (nowdays with 'visa debit' they can sometimes look like credit cards) or if the cards were loosely described that way in constable's statement. Looking at financial analysis in bail hearings docs, the BC family had quite a number of Suncorp savings accounts, including their daughters. I don't recall there being enough credit cards itemised by the forensic accountant that could amount to a table 'scattering'. Just my thoughts typed out loud. In saying that, to some a scattering could be 2/3.... or a dozen.

Or, another alternative could be that new cards recently arrived in the mail to replace old ones. Younger kids sometimes like to hang on to these for play.

Agree though, in context, it could well represent an argument over finances. Interesting to see if more to come.

MOO

Toni McHugh should be forced to watch and listen to those vids of the three little girls testaments every hour of every day for the rest of her life..

having stated that, I now retire and consider my position..

Even those sirens last weekend, from the showgrounds, could JUST be heard at our place, and we're a heck of a lot closer....

Or maybe I'm just getting deaf as I get older?? ;):blushing::banghead:

For the first time in two years, I would beg to differ, Doc.
We are between 1.6 & 1.8 ks from Showgrounds and can hear as clear as a bell, sometimes.
I really think it has a lot to do with the topographical location of your house, the wind direction, other weather conditions etc.
Those sirens were so loud at our place, I thought they were at our front gate.

I am still baffled by the relevance of the multiple witnesses, from varying, even opposing directions, though.

Trying to write an Exec Summary for a research grant. These are not conducive circumstances to be writing it under!

Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller said during his opening that Allison normally drove Sparky and suggested the toys police found in the back the day she was reported missing were not normally there.

He said police found a blood stain in the back of the car, after removing the toys and putting the back seats down.

That blood matched Allison's DNA when tested, Mr Fuller said.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clay-wipes-away-tears-murder-trial/2286717/

Seriously ! ?
Day ONE the toys were put in the car to hide 'blood/cleaning stuff' ?
Day ONE he was attempting to 'cover up' ?
How utterly stoopid is this 'man' ?

That alone to me suggests he knew she was dead ! :jail:

Just for clarification, BF (Bruce Flegg) resigned as Housing and Public Works Minister but is still the Member for Moggill. :)

We shall see......I just don't know if they are going to be able to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt, unless there are things we do not yet know. Maybe my attorney friend has me rattled. He says people should be ready to see him walk because theyjust don't have the evidence :please:

Yes, if he walks he walks with all the insurance money (has he claimed bankruptcy to clear previous debt?), all Allison's assets and probably custody of the girls. I feel sick at the thought......................

time was running out for Gerard.. the insurance policy people had sent a letter on April 6th telling him that the premium - $1100.00 hadn't been paid , the policy was now in danger of relapse, if the money wasn't there by May 9th, the policy would be considered expired...

he couldn't even pay the insurance policy bill.. and he had only 30 days before it became invalid...... .. tuff times, ey ?

they had sent a letter to Alison, also ,asking if she was still having Gerard as her beneficiary... it wasn't responded to, according to the files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3