The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Kerry Ann Walker, is she named as a witness? I'm hoping she will clear up what she meant in her statement by "she told me things" or something to that effect.

I've no doubt Kerry Ann will be among the witnesses....

May 5, 2012

Her best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, told the newspaper Mrs Baden-Clay ''wouldn't have wanted anybody to think she failed at anything''. ''She wanted that appearance that things were good. She always looked good, whether she felt bad on the inside, she always looked good,'' she said.

''She told me things and I should have done more.''

http://www.smh.com.au/national/frie...e-done-more-20120504-1y489.html#ixzz34OszZrK5

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou

The next witness is Brian Mason, who lived in Anstead, 600m to 700m from Kholo Creek. #badenclay

Mr Mason says he woke during the early hours of April 20, 2012, when the dogs started howling. He heard a mumbling voice soon after.

Mr Mason: I assumed it was my neighbour having a serious chat with his dog too. #badenclay

Body hitting creek bed, tailgate shutting, then car door closing, perhaps? Or is that my imagination reading too much into it?

And the other lady from Brookfield who reported a "thud then a car door" could also be the tailgate closing then the car door, before the wheelspin trick?

All those thud sounds are awful, like someone throwing round a sack of potatoes. :(

3.30pm: The 25th witness to give evidence is David Jenkinson who lived at 87 Diamantina Circle at Karalee in April, 2012.

He said he heard a noise around 10.30pm on April 19, 2012.

“The first thing that we were alerted to was the dogs barking, that woke me up. After that, the noise that I heard was initially two heavy thuds, one straight after the other,” he said.

“The only way to describe it was like a cement bag or something heavy being thrown onto the ground.

“Probably not too long after that, maybe half a minute, I heard what sounded like a car door close.”

He said the noise came from the back of his property and to the right, down the river, and marked the location with an “X”.

Mr Jenkinson said his property was at least 200m back from the river at Karalee. He said it would have been over 500m from the Kholo Creek bridge.

“It was very short, it was probably a second thereabouts, between each one of them. One straight after the other,” he said of the thuds he heard.

“It was definitely a car door shutting, that was fairly distinctive.”

He said he could not see Kholo Creek from his property but could hear traffic from the other side of the river.

“I was actually in bed when I heard the noise, it’s right at the back of the house, facing directly towards the river,” Mr Jenkinson said.
“It was definitely a car door shutting, that was fairly distinctive.”

He said he could not see Kholo Creek from his property but could hear traffic from the other side of the river.

“I was actually in bed when I heard the noise, it’s right at the back of the house, facing directly towards the river,” Mr Jenkinson said.

In cross-examination by barrister Michael Byrne QC, for Baden-Clay, Mr Jenkinson agreed the noises he heard could have come from anywhere in the streets and houses between him and the river. He agreed the Kholo Creek Bridge was in a different direction to the place he indicated

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...ing-wife-allison/story-fnii5v70-1226951597398

The more neighbours they interview, the more confusion/doubt builds ... different times, different sounds, ambiguous directions. The prosecution should have picked their two strongest neighbour witnesses and left it at that. The fact that the kids (apparently) slept soundly and say they heard nothing has already damaged this whole area of evidence. Just leave it and move on.

Also, Trooper, I don't personally feel that GBC was a true ladies' man. The affair with TM was a slow-burn development and once he'd done it, once he'd broken his marriage vows (the ones his parents used to teach other couples about on retreats) and become a person he hadn't been before (ie an adulterer), it was like flipping the lid off a can of shaken soft drink. The seal was broken. Lies become a way of life. Anything is possible. But trust me (;)), he was no ladies' man in the true sense before the affair. MOO.

The more neighbours they interview, the more confusion/doubt builds ... different times, different sounds, ambiguous directions. The prosecution should have picked their two strongest neighbour witnesses and left it at that. The fact that the kids (apparently) slept soundly and say they heard nothing has already damaged this whole area of evidence. Just leave it and move on.

Also, Trooper, I don't personally feel that GBC was a true ladies' man. The affair with TM was a slow-burn development and once he'd done it, once he'd broken his marriage vows (the ones his parents used to teach other couples about on retreats) and become a person he hadn't been before (ie an adulterer), it was like flipping the lid off a can of shaken soft drink. The seal was broken. Lies become a way of life. Anything is possible. But trust me (;)), he was no ladies' man in the true sense before the affair. MOO.

How do the other (two?) mistresses fit in though?

But didn't GBC have another mistress?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s

Mr Mason said he later found out his neighbour was away that night. It couldn't have been his neighbour "mumbling".

I think the opposite re the noises.

They all just happened to be heard right on the very night Allison was murdered.

Not the night before...or three nights before....all on that very night!!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Nigel Baden-Clay, Gerard's father, has been called to the stand.

Nigel starts by correcting prosecutor Todd Fuller on the pronunciation of his son's name. #badenclay

Nigel says he'd known Allison since a year before she married his son. Says they met while working at Flight Centre. #badenclay

Here we go!!

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 50s
Gerard Baden-Clay's father, Nigel, has been called to give evidence at his son's murder trial. He will be its 24th witness. #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m
Nigel Baden-Clay being called to the dock for son's murder trial. #badenclay @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Gerard Baden-Clay's father Nigel has just been called to give evidence @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Marissa Calligeros ‏@marissa_sc 1m
Baden-Clay's father Nigel Gerard Baden-Clay has been called to the stand #badenclay @brisbanetimes

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 1m
Gerard #badenclay 'a father just called to the stand @9NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Gerard's father Nigel begins evidence by correcting pronunciation of son's name. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
Nigel Baden-Clay corrects prosecutor Todd Fuller's pronunciation of his son's name. "We christened him Gerard," Mr #badenclay says
Expand

The more neighbours they interview, the more confusion/doubt builds ... different times, different sounds, ambiguous directions. The prosecution should have picked their two strongest neighbour witnesses and left it at that. The fact that the kids (apparently) slept soundly and say they heard nothing has already damaged this whole area of evidence. Just leave it and move on..

I agree entirely with this. All those vague reports of screams, yells, noises, voices, on dates that are not determined with any certainty in some cases, and the times that are multiple hours apart - all of this just muddies the waters, for me.

I really am at a loss as to the strategy of the prosecution in persisting with this - and I know Ali would criticise me for being too impatient and that this is all just a part of painting the bigger picture. But I have to agree with Radster - this does not seem like it is going to prove anything.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Nigel: I was helping him with his real estate business by putting up and taking down signs, real estate signs. #badenclay

Nigel: In 2003 we all started together with a real estate company called Raine & Horne. They later separated and Gerard set up Century 21.

Nigel: From 2009 through to 2012 I was only helping him with real estate signs. #badenclay

Nigel says Allison only played a small part in the business in the early years. She was helping with the accounts. #badenclay

Nigel says Allison's role changed in late 2011, early 2012. She was involved with the rental side of the business. #badenclay

Nigel says on Thursday, April 19, he collected signs from Gerard and Allison's house. Probably at 6.30am. #badenclay

Nigel says it was under a five minute drive from his place to his son's. #badenclay

Nigel says he can't remember whether he came inside the house when he arrived at 6.30am. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Nigel starts by correcting prosecutor Todd Fuller on the pronunciation of his son's name. #badenclay :facepalm:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 33s
Nigel starts by correcting prosecutor Todd Fuller on the pronunciation of his son's name. #badenclay
SERIOUSLY??

Sarah Elks‏@sarahelks·2 mins
Nigel Baden-Clay corrects prosecutor Todd Fuller's pronunciation of his son's name. "We christened him Gerard," Mr #badenclay says

I think the opposite re the noises.

They all just happened to be heard right on the very night Allison was murdered.

Not the night before...or three nights before....all on that very night!!

Maybe (let's hope so!), but some of these people sound like they just wanted to be part of something big and exciting.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 33s
SERIOUSLY??

Classic control manoeuvre.

wrong place, though...

I agree entirely with this. All those vague reports of screams, yells, noises, voices, on dates that are not determined with any certainty in some cases, and the times that are multiple hours apart - all of this just muddies the waters, for me.

I really am at a loss as to the strategy of the prosecution in persisting with this - and I know Ali would criticise me for being too impatient and that this is all just a part of painting the bigger picture. But I have to agree with Radster - this does not seem like it is going to prove anything.

Does it not present at least Brookfield (at least within a small radius of the BC house) as the place of death and not anywhere else such as Kholo Creek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx