The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 22s

Nigel - we were still in pyjamas, raced off to son's house. Daughter Olivia Walton went separately. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s
Nigel says the Captiva was parked facing out. He says it would normally be facing out. #badenclay
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 0 times

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Nigel - we were still in pyjamas, raced off to son's house. Daughter Olivia Walton went separately. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Nigel says Gerard met him at the door. He was in his suit without a jacket on. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou
‏@KateKyriacou
Nigel: I noticed that he had cuts on his cheek. I said what is that? He said I cut myself shaving in my hurry to get the girls ready.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 29s
Gerard met his dad at the door. 'I noticed he had cuts on his cheek' and a bandaid coming off. #badenclay

Gerard went off for about half an hour to look for Allison. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now
Nigel says Gerard was gone for about half an hour. Olivia arrived shortly after.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 8s

Nigel says he was there no more than five minutes before his son left to look for Allison. #badenclay

Nigel says Gerard was gone for about half an hour. Olivia arrived shortly after. #badenclay

Nigel: We wanted to be careful of not alarming the girls at all. Gerard had already phoned the police. #badenclay http://bit.ly/1pJFkbN

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 36s

Nigel says he left the house at about quarter to 7. He'd last been there the night before, on April 18. #badenclay

Nigel says he arrived around 8pm to babysit after Gerard called and said he and Allison wanted to go out for a coffee.

What was their mood like? Nigel: I can't say I really noticed. My wife and I were engrossed in the television. #badenclay

Prosecutor: Did you notice anything unusual? Nigel: Nope. #badenclay

Nigel says on the Thursday afternoon Gerard dropped in with some sausages and said he'd be back for a BBQ. #badenclay

BINGO. Gotcha! Where did GBC go after he dropped in the sausages? We've been led to believe that he stayed at his parent's place for the BBQ. Can I hazard a guess and say GBC went to visit TM?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 8s

Nigel says they were trying to get the girls to school before the police arrived. #badenclay

Nigel says Gerard told him as far as he was aware, Allison had gone for a walk and not come home. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s
Nigel says the following morning he got a call. Gerard said "Dad, I don't want to alarm you but have you seen Allison?". #badenclay

WHY WOULD NBC HAVE SEEN ALLISON??? Did she normally take in Durness St on her morning walk? Pop in for a coffee? Hardly. Wouldn't he have more naturally said something like "Dad, I don't want to alarm you but I can't find Allison." Or "Allison hasn't come home."

Sheesh.

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
'We wanted to be careful of not alarming the girls at all," Nigel #badenclay tells court of the morning Allison was reported missing.

'We wanted to be careful of not alarming the girls.' Were anxious to get girls out of the house before police arrived. #badenclay

As if you'd call your parents that soon, honestly .. if that was me and I was Gerald having an affair and knowing my wife was going to a conference that day where my mistress was going to be, I'd assume she'd decided to leave me 'holding the baby' for the day and had left me in the lurch. There's no way I'd think my wife was genuinely missing so soon.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

Prosecutor: What mood was your son in? Nigel: As normal, I suppose. #badenclay

Prosecutor: Did you have any further contact with him that night? Nigel: Not that I recall. #badenclay

Evasive. He didn't say no.

She's the one who lives almost across the road from the B-C house, next to the tennis courts (which she owns). So would be MUCH closer to the source of noises emanating from the B-C house than up at Clarkson Pl or Fleggy's house. Yet this witness describes the sounds as "someone calling out" - NOT a scream, and especially NOT a high pitched scream "like somebody being pushed off a cliff" or in Fleggy's words "blood-curdling screams".

Methinks there were multiple sources of noises that night, some screams, and perhaps - just perhaps - Sue Braun heard the actual sounds coming from across the road?

I tend to agree re multiple sources doc - funny though, what are the chances? B'field isn't exactly party central, esp on a week night.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Nigel says Gerard asked him to vacuum and water the garden of a house he was selling. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Nigel: I was helping him with his real estate business by putting up and taking down signs, real estate signs. #badenclay

Nigel: In 2003 we all started together with a real estate company called Raine & Horne. They later separated and Gerard set up Century 21.

Nigel: From 2009 through to 2012 I was only helping him with real estate signs. #badenclay

Nigel says Allison only played a small part in the business in the early years. She was helping with the accounts. #badenclay

Nigel says Allison's role changed in late 2011, early 2012. She was involved with the rental side of the business. #badenclay

Nigel says on Thursday, April 19, he collected signs from Gerard and Allison's house. Probably at 6.30am. #badenclay

Nigel says it was under a five minute drive from his place to his son's. #badenclay

Nigel says he can't remember whether he came inside the house when he arrived at 6.30am. #badenclay
"I was only helping him with real estate signs" what a load of rubbish! 2nd sentence 1st lie! I've been to open houses he has hosted. And then in one particular property hounded by him for three months trying to get our price up! This makes me soooo angry!

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
'We wanted to be careful of not alarming the girls at all," Nigel #badenclay tells court of the morning Allison was reported missing.

'We wanted to be careful of not alarming the girls.' Were anxious to get girls out of the house before police arrived. #badenclay

bold mine

More than one way to read that ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads