Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
After 09 Nigel still helped son by putting up real estate signs. Did so on Thursday April 19. #badenclay

3.45pm: The 26th witness in the trial is Brian Mason who lived at 670 Mt Crosby Rd at Anstead in April, 2012.

He said Kholo Creek was approximately 600 or 700m from his property.

Mr Mason said there was one other property between his and the creek but closer to the road, while he was situated roughly 200m back from Mt Crosby Rd.

He said he was woken by his dog in the early hours of the morning on April 20, 2012.

“The dogs started howling, I’d gone to bed about 9pm and I was sound asleep but I woke, I think, around 12.30am or 1am,” he said.

He said he got up to quieten the dog but she started up again.

Mr Mason said he then heard a voice, which he assumed was his neighbour talking to his dog.

``Mumbling, someone talking but I couldn’t establish what was being said. Just mumbling.”

Mr Mason said the vegetation between his property and the bridge had recently been cleared of lantana. “It was fairly open trees, grasses and that sort of thing,” he said.

In cross-examination by barrister Michael Byrne QC, for Baden-Clay, Mr Mason agreed he gave two statements to police about his barking German Shepherd dog, the first on May 12, 2012.

He agreed he contacted police on February 5, 2013 to tell them he remembered voices coming from nearby Wirabarra Rd, not from the Kholo Creek Bridge.

“I was assuming they came from one of the residences close by,” he said of the voices he heard.

Mr Mason agreed his wife contacted police about some suspicious vehicles she had seen at 4am on April 20, 2012.

In re-examination by prosecutor Danny Boyle, Mr Mason said he found out his neighbour was away on holidays at the time and secondly, he had become aware he could hear traffic quite easily from the bridge.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...ing-wife-allison/story-fnii5v70-1226951597398

After 09 Nigel still helped son by putting up real estate signs. Did so on Thursday April 19. #badenclay

yet nigelaine were listed as the agents to call for several houses the franchise had for sale..

putting up signs!...* snort*

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s
Nigel says he arrived around 8pm to babysit after Gerard called and said he and Allison wanted to go out for a coffee. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 26s
Nigel says he left the house at about quarter to 7. He'd last been there the night before, on April 18. #badenclay

Nigel says he can't remember whether he came inside the house when he arrived at 6.30am. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 36s

Nigel says he left the house at about quarter to 7. He'd last been there the night before, on April 18. #badenclay

Nigel says he arrived around 8pm to babysit after Gerard called and said he and Allison wanted to go out for a coffee.

What was their mood like? Nigel: I can't say I really noticed. My wife and I were engrossed in the television. #badenclay

Prosecutor: Did you notice anything unusual? Nigel: Nope. #badenclay

Nigel says on the Thursday afternoon Gerard dropped in with some sausages and said he'd be back for a BBQ. #badenclay

Nigel and Elaine went to son's house to babysit on Wednesday night April 18 so Allison and Gerard could go out for a coffee. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Nigel says Gerard came by at 5.30pm. He said Allison wouldn't be coming. They didn't think that was extraordinary. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

Prosecutor: What mood was your son in? Nigel: As normal, I suppose. #badenclay

Prosecutor: Did you have any further contact with him that night? Nigel: Not that I recall. #badenclay

out for coffee??? to tell her Toni's instructions re the conference, perhaps?? or to tell her, like he told Toni he was going to that he was selling the business and leaving Alison??

being told that in a public place.. very nifty , Ger.....

kate kyriacou @katekyriacou · 20s

nigel baden-clay, gerard's father, has been called to the stand.

nigel starts by correcting prosecutor todd fuller on the pronunciation of his son's name. #badenclay

nigel says he'd known allison since a year before she married his son. Says they met while working at flight centre. #badenclay

bbm ofgs ..

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 36s

Nigel says he arrived around 8pm to babysit after Gerard called and said he and Allison wanted to go out for a coffee.

What was their mood like? Nigel: I can't say I really noticed. My wife and I were engrossed in the television. #badenclay

Prosecutor: Did you notice anything unusual? Nigel: Nope. #badenclay

Being evasive, forgetful, non committal. I'm not the least bit surprised.

He and his wife "were engrossed in the television". :banghead:What about your grandchildren Nige? Weren't they as interesting as the television? Or had you scooted them off to bed?

Note to self. Sit on your hands. Sit on your hands.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 28s
Friday morning Nigel had a Skype call with son Adam in Canada who had just had a baby boy. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s
Gerard rang dad and said 'I don't want to alarm you but have you seen Allison'. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s
Gerard was 'anxious, trying to be calm' in phone call to dad. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s
Nigel says the following morning he got a call. Gerard said "Dad, I don't want to alarm you but have you seen Allison?". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Nigel says the following morning he got a call. Gerard said "Dad, I don't want to alarm you but have you seen Allison?".

Nigel says Gerard sounded anxious, but trying to be calm. "He didn't want to alarm us but he alarmed us," says with a laugh. #badenclay

Nigel: We quickly got dressed and Olivia and I raced off in our respective cars. #badenclay

Nigel says the Captiva was parked facing out. He says it would normally be facing out. #badenclay

Nigel says Gerard met him at the door. He was in his suit without a jacket on.

Nigel: I noticed that he had cuts on his cheek. I said what is that? He said I cut myself shaving in my hurry to get the girls ready.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s
Nigel: We quickly got dressed and Olivia and I raced off in our respective cars. #badenclay

So I wonder, did he swear on a bible and do the boy scout salute before testifying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx