The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Lazard! Your reports are not only much appreciated but mind blowing.
So today we learned that GBC was supposedly not only up "doing the ironing" in his pyjamas but wearing SHOES (and pyjamas together) on the night of 19 April, the night Allison went missing.
He was not watching the footy after all.
Additionally we learn that GBC was SICK on the night of the 19th April. (That's new)
And how the children know certain things is "'Cause he said so!"

PS Glad you explained your seating arrangements!

Not only that, but the middle daughter was asked if she saw Daddy after she was tucked into bed, she said he was watching TV with Mummy, when one of the female constables asked her 'how did she know?', she answered 'cause that's what daddy said'

At the start of the one of the girls' interviews, she was asked what she calls Daddy's parents, she said she calls grandad 'Bwana' but knows that his name is Nigel. As I remember reading a long time ago on Websleuths, doesn't Bwana mean 'boss' in africaan (sic), sorry if I have gotten that wrong?

Seems wrong to me that you would call your grandad 'boss'....

Also, the defence team seemed to be grasping at straws when interviewing Fiona Christ today, she said when she saw Allison on the morning of the 19th, she mentioned she had 3 things to tell her: one was that she had recently picked up OW from the hospital, she was in there with a headache, the second was that she recently became an Aunty as Gerard's brother Adam had had a boy and she couldn't remember the third thing (seems weird). The defence cross examined her with 'were you aware that Allison had desperately wanted to have a son', to which she replied 'no, I was not aware', and she had known Allison and Gerard since they were dating as her husband went to school with Gerard.

Those screams could have been anything or anyone. It could be a TV's volume up loud watching a movie, it could be laughing that was mistaken as a scream, it could have been an argument between people (not necessarily between GBC/ABC) or it could have been a female getting scared by something completely random and non sinister.

I'm trying to find the undercover footage of Brett Peter Cowan (Daniel Morcombe killer) when he confessed to the killing to the UC detective and how he killed Daniel.

He explained in the confession that Daniel tried to run away and he grabbed Daniel, grabbed his throat and "before he knew it he was dead". When the UC detective asked him how long it took he said "It didn't seem long".

It could have literally been over within a minute or two with no screams and no noise whatsoever, especially if there was a pillow involved.

We learned yesterday that there were witnesses plural to the screams.

There's been another nasty thought been rolling around in my head of late.
It's regarding children from homes of Domestic Violence. They learn pretty quickly how to "Lie Low" when an argument is in progress.
I have the feeling these children are "experienced." They have learned something about self preservation and how not to cross their father.
There is more to be said about this elsewhere. (When hand signals are mentioned and their unusually quiet demeanour.)

:goodpost:

I'd be a blubbering wreck. Of course she had depression, geez. You'd feel everyone knew, talking and watching. Just so sad.

Yet so gutsy of her to take such an active role in the real estate office from then on, trying to get the business going - so gutsy! I wouldn't want to go near the place or see anyone who had known about the affair.

I have to admit, I had many emotions today, it was very full on to see Allison's body, but to me it made it seem more real, I hope it was the same when he and his family saw it. I have had many discussions, arguments, debates, thoughts and feelings on this case since the beginning. As I said earlier, I fell pregnant during the week Allison went missing and found out 6 weeks after that that I actually was pregnant. I suppose I have had many hormonal changes during that time, but to actually be there today and hear the actual hard evidence, see the photos and be in that world today, brought it home that a vulnerable, loving mother that had as many issues and worries as the rest of us (if not more) lost her life when it could have been avoided just made me really sad :(

At the start of the one of the girls' interviews, she was asked what she calls Daddy's parents, she said she calls grandad 'Bwana' but knows that his name is Nigel. As I remember reading a long time ago on Websleuths, doesn't Bwana mean 'boss' in africaan (sic), sorry if I have gotten that wrong?

Also, the defence team seemed to be grasping at straws when interviewing Fiona Christ today, she said when she saw Allison on the morning of the 19th, she mentioned she had 3 things to tell her: one was that she had recently picked up OW from the hospital, she was in there with a headache, the second was that she recently became an Aunty as Gerard's brother Adam had had a boy and she couldn't remember the third thing (seems weird). The defence cross examined her with 'were you aware that Allison had desperately wanted to have a son', to which she replied 'no, I was not aware', and she had known Allison and Gerard since they were dating as her husband went to school with Gerard.

Please keep those thoughts flowing Lazard! They are saying more than the twitter or press reports! It was mentioned earlier that only a small percentage was actually being reported. So your words are most valuable!

Seems wrong to me that you would call your grandad 'boss'.....

Respectfully snipped.

It was mentioned today in court comments that Allison referred to G as 'the boss'.

I may be deceiving myself but I thought on Day 1 of the trial there was some reference by the pathologist Dr Milne to fingernails being sent for DNA analysis - but without any reference to the results?

I'm pretty sure the results were that there was nothing conclusive found due to prolonged effects of water, and the time lapse. Such a pain about that time period.

Huge thanks to all the info gatherers today and every day-it's been a very tumultuous but informative day.

I believe that those poor girls 'knew' they couldn't tell the truth about what happened that night. GBC was the strict parent, he used hand signals and body signs languages to give the girls certain cues. This fact is mentioned I think in one of the documents (phill broom). Those kids were masterminded by their father in more ways than one, they were not free to ask GBC questions like normal kids - this was what they were used to though and I suspect those little distressed girls were told their truths about that night rather than being present. Sure they were home but seen and not heard until GBC was ready for the story.

She didn't walk out during proceedings, the middle child's interview was the last evidence of the day, she walked out after that like everyone else. the only difference was she was being supported and appeared to have trouble walking. Allison's parents are not in court as they will be called as witnesses, the same applies to OW and NBC. A lot of tension seemed to be present between the two families, there seemed to be a 'staged' arrival and entry to the court all day so as to avoid any interaction. One of Allison's friends or family (not sure, sorry), had to leave during one of the girl's interviews. Even I drew a tear, but not EBC, but made it look like she was trying to conjure up the emotion...

Just heard from a friend at the trial yesterday that EBC fell asleep during the morning session. She was actually snoring. Can anyone corroborate? Methinks she must be heavily medicated if this was the case. Day one!

I've always thought this very interesting from Constable Ash's statement....

Constable Ash :

I observed Gerard's body language when answering questions. I noticed that when Gerard was asked questions about himself he would hold his head up straight and make direct eye contact and when asked questions about his wife Allison he would look down at the floor or table and fidget with his hands. Gerard appeared very confident about himself but agitated when having to answer questions about Allison.

Aarrgghhh been stuck in bed for 3 days with a monster headache... Have so much catching up to do!!!!! Can someone please confirm- can general public go Into the court? Im on leave for the next 6 weeks, and would love to go in- never even seen the inside of a courtroom and have followed this tragic story since day 1...

Ippygal I was there today. Apparently they are using a small courtroom (there are larger rooms from what I understand) so alot of us had to go to the overflow room upstairs which was full in the morning. They use a split screen which took me a while to understand the layout of the courtroom. I could not see GBC at all. If you want to get into the main courtroom I suggest you line up at the door early , you might have to be a bit pushy to get in or like I did just gave up and went to the room upstairs. Oh and wear something warm too.

Going to bed now (baby free tonight and want to get my sleep on!), I won't be able to attend again until Tuesday next week, let me know if you plan on going, you need to be there early as first in, best dressed. There are only around 50 seats in Court 11 where the jury and Gerard are and the families take up at least 15-20 of that, the overflow go to court 17 where it's live streamed, but I spoke to someone today who said that you don't get to see the jury, the family, etc.

Respectfully snipped.

It was mentioned today in court comments that Allison referred to G as 'the boss'.

Yes, that was in relation to whether Allison could take some time off work to attend something, her response was 'I'll have to check with the boss', it was clarified that this remark was in jest, tongue in cheek as she worked with her husband...

We learned yesterday that there were witnesses plural to the screams.

There's been another nasty thought been rolling around in my head of late.

It's regarding children from homes of Domestic Violence. They learn pretty quickly how to "Lie Low" when an argument is in progress.

I have the feeling these children are "experienced." They have learned something about self preservation and how not to cross their father.

There is more to be said about this elsewhere. (When hand signals are mentioned and their unusually quiet demeanour.)

If that is the case (which I do not doubt for a second), then let's hope its revealed during the trial. My heart breaks for them as I have 3 daughters myself. I can only imagine how much they would still be missing their mummy. X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lazard, this is significant. The defence apparently want to show that, even though she was otherwise "happy" and "moving forward", Allison felt she had disappointed GBC in not producing a boy. Three girls. And this news about the nephew was recent and therefore possibly responsible for her wandering off into the night! Outlandish, yes, but something the defence will throw into the depression/anxiety/reasonable doubt mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member