The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG is the defence really trying to make out that the affair was totally one-sided?

When we have emails from GBC saying he was leaving his wife for TM, constant phone contact, ongoing regular shaggery, and statements from business partners that he was going around saying he still loved her, even after the public breakup?

*boggle*

Defence is up the creek with no paddle

A few pages back, reports from the trial revealed his affair with TM (according to TM) continued until April 2012, didn't they?

OMG is the defence really trying to make out that the affair was totally one-sided?

When we have emails from GBC saying he was leaving his wife for TM, constant phone contact, ongoing regular shaggery, and statements from business partners that he was going around saying he still loved her, even after the public breakup?

*boggle*

of particular humiliation to Toni would be the fact that she would be well aware that these suggestions , proposals, claims are made under Gerards instructions!!..

the strange thing is, all these events.. the vomiting, the inability to drive, the wetting of her pants, the closed blinds, the lying on the couch only happened around Olivia.. or Nige..

didn't seem to occur around anyone else...

I can see the opening scene of Everyone Loves Raymond.
Run & hide :floorlaugh:

of particular humiliation to Toni would be the fact that she would be well aware that these suggestions , proposals, claims are made under Gerards instructions!!..

I'm not very up on the crime scene, but was reading about Milat a while ago. Apparently his legal team tried to put blame on Milat's brothers at the trial. Afterwards, Milat claimed he'd played no role in that. And seems his family have chosen to believe him. So it won't surprise me a bit if TM is found standing in the queue on prison visitors' days, having wiped her brain of the way GBC's team is desperately trying to portray her as the instigator, the lover who wouldn't take 'no' for an answer

breaking... is it possible for you to describe Toni's voice?? her manner of answering etc??

Actually I thought she was more articulate today than she was at the committal. She got flustered and teary, but was what I expected of her. I still think she was a persistent, disillusioned, controlling and I can imagine her acting similar to a 2yo in a supermarket.

I don't think she had any idea of reality. When I left court, I was even thinking maybe it was her that did it. (Not really, but the motive was there).

Oh, and she went to GBC's house on 2 occasions when Allison was away. How gross and disrespectful is that!!!!!:jail::jail::jail:

Seriously, if this happened to anyone I was with, I would get them to a hospital or their own doctor, any doctor ASAP. It's just too over the top IMO.

Makara - that's exactly what the thinking was of pretty much every one - Hooley Dooley Olivia ,take her to the professionals if u really care not just drop her off at home to sleep it off!

And the great and wonderful driven GBC crashes his vehicle into a bus terminal at Indro two days after his wife is reported missing, ordinarily I would say oh it's the stress, but let's get real, it was the guilt. Did he think of the children?!

GBC can't handle the pressure and I've heard many a crim wets their pants when arrested, would that be told in court if it happened to GBC.......... no.... but poor Allison's one event of vomiting and mishap, it's public knowledge. :banghead: jmo

I'm not very up on the crime scene, but was reading about Milat a while ago. Apparently his legal team tried to put blame on Milat's brothers at the trial. Afterwards, Milat claimed he'd played no role in that. And seems his family have chosen to believe him. So it won't surprise me a bit if TM is found standing in the queue on prison visitors' days, having wiped her brain of the way GBC's team is desperately trying to portray her as the instigator, the lover who wouldn't take 'no' for an answer

in the words of Mandy Rice.. Milat 'would say that, wouldn't he'.. but the fact is, everything ones lawyer says in court is under ones instructions.. lawyers, Barristers etc just cant make up a story.. it all has to come from the client..

they would say to Gerard.. well. didn't Toni stalk you?? didn't she harass you and you felt unable to resist?? things like that are permissible.. but he would still have to agree.

oh toni will be first on the list for a conjugal visit..

Court today gave me a headache. I'm not 'as cool as a cucumber' so am off to bed.

And the great and wonderful driven GBC crashes his vehicle into a bus terminal at Indro two days after his wife is reported missing, ordinarily I would say oh it's the stress, but let's get real, it was the guilt. Did he think of the children?!

GBC can't handle the pressure and I've heard many a crim wets their pants when arrested, would that be told in court if it happened to GBC.......... no.... but poor Allison's one event of vomiting and mishap, it's public knowledge. :banghead: jmo

That's ok. It's ok. We've all wet ourselves and vomited and so have all the jury members

The jury would have felt exactly as you do about O Baden Walton's testimony

She destroyed her credibility. She stooped very low. The jury is fresh. They will note that Allison's in-laws have tried to belittle her whilst adding nothing of import

Imagine if you were on the jury panel. Wouldn't you still feel the way you do now about what Olivia Baden Clay and Nigel Baden Clay said? Yes. You would. The jury will not like the Baden Clays for their cheap attempts at point scoring against a murdered woman while their own flesh and blood sits accused of murdering her

The Baden Clays did GBC no favours. And the defence team are feeling very sour and know their peers are talking behind their backs, courtesy of the Baden Clays and their cheapness

Was he paying her rent?
How could she afford to sit at home waiting.

4:28pm: The court has heard at some stage after the affair ended, Ms McHugh started exploring employment options overseas and Mr Baden-Clay was very encouraging.
"I didn't want to be sitting at home waiting," she told the court.
"And it was apparent, I suggest, that he didn't want you sitting at home waiting either," Mr Byrne said.
"Maybe so," Ms McHugh replied.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-4-week-2-20140616-3a6an.html#ixzz34lVNFDL8
Im wondering if that is really the truth. Doesn't she have twin boys. I don't think the father would be to keen on that.

Mrs Dickie told the court her daughter had suffered from post-natal depression after the birth of her first daughter in 2011.

She said in late 2011 she rang her daughter at the request of Allison's best friend Kerry-Anne Walker.

"(Allison) told us that Gerard no longer loved her," she said.

"I urged her to come and live with us on the Gold Coast.

"She said no way. She would never leave those girls."

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/murder-trial-gerard-baden-clay-second-week/2290111/

I knew the Dickies would offer a place for Allison but why did Allison think she had to leave the girls?
I wonder if he threatened her never to take the girls mmmm I know men use this against the women. Go but don't take the children so the wives won't leave.

Im wondering if that is really the truth. Doesn't she have twin boys. I don't think the father would be to keen on that.

Mmmmmm. That's what I was thinking when I read that bit

Maybe TM didn't have her wits about her sufficiently to dispute the point defence was trying to make at her expense? It must be nerve-wracking being on the stand or whatever it is. And we know confidence isn't her strong point. When she goes home tonight and thinks about things, she might realise words were being put in her mouth, based on what in all probability was just more fantasist waffle between her and GBC

Worried to the point where we arrived at the play group and she opened the car door and vomited into the gutter.

'I noticed she had lost control of her bladder too.'

what horrible things to say!

Yes. Urinary incontinence during vomiting is pretty common in women who've had kids/over a certain age/have any pelvic floor injury. (Vomiting causes a huge raise in intra-abdominal pressure which pushes on everything else.)

Seems pretty nasty and unnecessary to bring it up, unless of course you're trying to degrade someone deliberately.

I knew the Dickies would offer a place for Allison but why did Allison think she had to leave the girls?
I wonder if he threatened her never to take the girls mmmm I know men use this against the women. Go but don't take the children so the wives won't leave.

Yes. Again, you've expressed what I was thinking as it was all flashing by us earlier today

Taking the girls and going to stay with her parents would have meant confrontation with GBC, of course. And I've read Allison tried to avoid confrontation

the longer this goes on , the more convinced I am that Gerard will take the stand...

if Alison being depressed is all there is... I cant see how he can avoid not going on the stand..

not that his barristers would encourage him. its always better if they don't, particularly a client who is publicly silly... but.. I think he will.

Mistress describes Baden-Clay affair

Yahoo!7 June 16, 2014, 6:37 pm

The former mistress of Gerard Baden-Clay has broken down in the witness box describing details of their 'roller coaster' love affair. Katrina Blowers reports.

Video at this link.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/video/watch/24249843/mistress-describes-baden-clay-affair/?cmp=twitter

BqPI3yQCUAAL9Pc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member