DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 28s

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s

Olivia: The pressures of life seemed to be too much for her. #badenclay

I don't know what to say to this. Modsnip x100! :banghead:

I hate this. Allison isn't here to tell her side of the story. I hope her friends can do that for her. I'm depressed (and I wear black all the time ;) ) and I used to isolate myself from inlaws (I can totally empathise with her), but from everything I've read Allison was getting on with her life.
Tbh I was on the fence a bit, presuming innocent until proven guilty and all that, until I saw the photo of the blood transfer last night.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 43s

Court has adjourned for 20 minutes. #badenclay

does anyone want to do the twitter updates? Please :)

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s

Olivia says Allison once confessed to her she'd been diagnosed with clinical depression. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 55s

Olivia: Allison confided she had depression and hadn't told her family. #badenclay

We can see where this is going :tantrum:

and by golly, isn't Gerard a living example of routine himself, ey??? go to work, bonk the staff, lie to the wife, defraud partners of monies owed ( Jocelyn frosts affidavit, phillip broomes affidavit, ben bassingthwaites affidavit) .. come home, belt the girls , get up, go to work, bonk the staff, defraud the partners of monies owed, come home .. etc etc etc. .a real man of routine ...

My opinion is that living with a controlling unfaithful husband was causing her depression. I have no doubt she was depressed.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Olivia says one time Allison broke her ankle, spent "every day" at Olivia's house on the couch. #badenclay

Ummmm....well if her ankle was broken, WTF do they expect????

How surprising that Allison might feel like vomiting when in company with the BCs - the very thought makes me feel like reaching for a bucket - don't blame her a bit...yak!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 44s

Olivia: medication hadn't started to work after 10 days and Allison panicked #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 34s

Olivia: This very capable woman was being incapacitated by this debilitating illness. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 59s

Olivia: A very capable woman was completely incapacitated #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 53s

Olivia says the conversation about depression, medication was in 2004. #badenclay

So, the conversation was EIGHT years before Allison was killed?!! :banghead:

Sprats, we enjoy your views and input. At the end of the day that is all we can give, our views and thoughts, it would be unrealistic to think that I could expect others to see it just as I see it, particularly if it were to ask others to believe in the opposite to strongly held views formed over a period of time.

I'm only very new here, although I have lurked a long time. I believe that a lot of what they are saying is true. I don't believe that any of the information they are providing therefore gives GBC a alibi, as such, and I don't believe that because they are reporting a less than rosy picture of Allison, it means there is a conspiracy to cover something up either. I'm sure Allison was a wonderful person but not without flaws. I am trying to keep an open mind.

Having been in a similar financial situation to the Baden-Clays, I find so many little details could be linked to a problem with cash flow. Damage on the Prado = no money for the insurance excess to get it fixed. Wearing plain coloured clothes? When you have no money to buy new clothes regularly, the dark colours tend to not look as old and worn out as the coloured ones and make you feel a little more dressed up. Even Gerard talking about things being "business as usual" to me points to a man who is desperately trying to hang onto his income by his fingernails. There was no room on the credit cards for living expenses. When I was in labour with my youngest child, my husband couldn't afford to close the business for the day and lose a days income so I was contracting away while he was serving customers before it really was time to go the hospital. It's not fun, and some things some posters find inexcusable I am inclined to give GBC a pass on, based on my own experience of financial hardship.

That said, me and my open mind are watching with keen interest. I also am trying to work out the prosecution's strategy and I am starting to wonder if I have seen too many movies, while I am awaiting the "gotcha" moment.:fence:

So, the conversation was EIGHT years before Allison was killed?!! :banghead:

Medication can take a good 6weeks to kick in. Then as time goes on it gets adjusted it can take 6months or more to really judge if it's working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My opinion is that living with a controlling unfaithful husband was causing her depression. I have no doubt she was depressed.

There is a slight difference between clinical depression, and anxiety or even general sadness.
It is true that Allison had every reason to be depressed. However, I feel that: In the face of all that was being thrown at her, she was managing quite capably.

She would never ever be able to manage the root cause of her sadness. Unless she removed herself and her children away from him.

I have been clinically depressed since the birth of the first of my 3 daughters 33 years ago.
Am happily taking Zoloft, still functioning and happy but know it is still there.
Not ashamed of it, it is a physical dysfunction.
I wear black and dark colours.
I am not suicidal.
It is almost slander what they are doing

Depends on who is walking out. Perhaps a reporter will interview them and ask.

Yes, that would be interesting. I do think the testimony regarding 'odd behaviour' is being pushed too far. Allison was diagnosed with post natal depression but that was years before. I think there is plenty of evidence to show that she was coping well in 2012 despite a philandering husband and financial pressure - even if that meant she was taking regular medication.

My take is that the people walking out were friends and acquaintances of Allison. One of whom recently posted here that the evidence given by Olivia that Allison seldom or never drove was completely at odds with their recollection of Allison picking up the children from school, taking them to sporting events, driving to work etc.

I'm only very new here, although I have lurked a long time. I believe that a lot of what they are saying is true. I don't believe that any of the information they are providing therefore gives GBC a alibi, as such, and I don't believe that because they are reporting a less than rosy picture of Allison, it means there is a conspiracy to cover something up either. I'm sure Allison was a wonderful person but not without flaws. I am trying to keep an open mind.

Having been in a similar financial situation to the Baden-Clays, I find so many little details could be linked to a problem with cash flow. Damage on the Prado = no money for the insurance excess to get it fixed. Wearing plain coloured clothes? When you have no money to buy new clothes regularly, the dark colours tend to not look as old and worn out as the coloured ones and make you feel a little more dressed up. Even Gerard talking about things being "business as usual" to me points to a man who is desperately trying to hang onto his income by his fingernails. There was no room on the credit cards for living expenses. When I was in labour with my youngest child, my husband couldn't afford to close the business for the day and lose a days income so I was contracting away while he was serving customers before it really was time to go the hospital. It's not fun, and some things some posters find inexcusable I am inclined to give GBC a pass on, based on my own experience of financial hardship.

That said, me and my open mind are watching with keen interest. I also am trying to work out the prosecution's strategy and I am starting to wonder if I have seen too many movies, while I am awaiting the "gotcha" moment.:fence:

:welcome: Happy to have you with us! :hug:

I am a lot more cynical, having seen these cases over and over. I do like reading other opinions, though. This makes me ponder what the jury is thinking....

I agree and after the first daughter was born I would not be surprised if Gerard suffered jealousy of the mother and new baby relationship. He was no longer the centre of attention.

My bestfriend has very bad depression, she stays in clinics months on end and has had shock treatment. Her husband messed around with the staff of their business as well!
He is now on wife number 3!!

We can show the BC's what depression is!!

Amee, thankyou so much for what you are doing.
It must be hard being there.xxxxxx

Well, it appears that Allison is on trial here, for the crime of suffering a condition which the majority of people will be affected by at some point in their lives.

I truly hope some of her close friends get up there and paint a different picture of her and show how biased this testimony from the BCs is.

I can't even imagine how infuriating this must be to Allison's nearest and dearest, to see these people portray her in this way. It's breaking my heart and I didn't know her.

Having suffered depression and anxiety and having lived through an abusive and adulterous relationship however, I can all too well understand why Allison may have struggled at times....but all you need to do is look at what she was achieving, look at her neat and organised house and know that she was DOING OK.

Ugh it's just so horrible :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member