The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible she had no women friends .. we've all met women like this, like maybe her ex husband was like her only friend or something?

It's pretty clear that TM has major issues of low self esteem

and probably (who knows) seriously unresolved sibling rivalry problems

Not too bright, so that doesn't help

Naïve. A dreamer. And in a twisted way, an idealist

Allison was miles above the pair of them for smarts. Allison was far more intelligent and flexible. Allison had dreams too, who doesn't. She'd committed to marriage and family - given up everything for it. She came from a family where her parents married for life, so she probably believed anything less was 'failure'. So she tried everything she knew - tried every possible way to resolve things; self-improvement, acceptance, agreeableness, stay home with the kids and go back to work. Gave him his freedom - reined him in. Tried talking one on one - looked outside for help. No two ways about it, Allison wrote the manual as far as trying to pull things back together. She submitted, she fought. She tried to diminish herself for the sake of his ego, and later stood up to him and began regaining her lost self. No one could ever accuse that woman of rigidity or of running from the facts

What a waste of her efforts, energy and time !

It's a tragedy being played out all over the place with good people trying to find a way to make it work with narcissists

Wouldn't have been long before Allison would have taken the only step left (and it's the step advocated by the experts) which would have been to get the hell away from him

Wish she'd cancelled that insurance policy. But how could someone like Allison get her head to a place where she would imagine she'd be killed for cash? Such a thought would have been a foreign language to her. Her mind wouldn't have known how to go there or think it of anyone -- for the simple reason she could never have done it, nor would she believe he could or would

the thing is.. she BELEIVED it all!!.. she still does!!.. I want to know if she was embarrassed even by telling it.....

whats the betting that Gerard told the other women the same thing, word for word. 'my wife is depressed and doesn't sleep with me'..

The question is there.... will there be "other women" to take the stand.

Yup. That was intense.

So sorry for any double ups and stuff ups. I just posted tweets as soon as they came up. The forum has rules about timing of posts so sometimes I had to wait, missed some, doubled up, plus my connection went down mid tweeting. I just hope some of it was useful. Built up quite a physical and emotional sweat today. Thanks to everyone who contributed, as fellow tweeters and those in the courtroom today. Off now to pour a wine and go back and read today's events. See you all on the morrow.

Nice work, Oz Jen. Enjoy your wine...you deserve it :tyou:

Ok how was it when she walked up to the stand she tried to sneak a look at him (according to one reporter) she is probably taking his murder of Allison as a good sign!

I cannot wait for the other women ..

You're right. I hadn't even thought of that

She probably thinks he killed Allison for HER -- because he loved her and wanted to be with her

gag

I'm actually irritated by both women staying with him, once the affair became public it would have been great if all his extra-marital activities had come to light and GBC had ended up alone.

Love how they are stating that GBC was always respectful towards his wife. Yep... an affair or two or three, saying she smelt, saying she should lose weight... all very respectful ofcourse.

I'm actually irritated by both women staying with him, once the affair became public it would have been great if all his extra-marital activities had come to light and GBC had ended up alone.

But he wouldn't have been alone, that's the problem. He would have used his repulsive charm to find another few to use and abuse.

I can't wait to see the BC's faces when they say GUILTY!!!!!

yes.. I want to go back in time and drag Alison outta there .. far far away..

Laser is right there.. no way would Alison have ever dreamed that people would solve a problem in the way this one was.. the thing that baffles me is, neither did Toni. and she still doesn't, and she knows he is a killer.. Alison didn't know that.

The question is there.... will there be "other women" to take the stand.

I think there will be, Marley. I don't think the Prosecution will rely on Toni's addled attitude and her mad longing.. there will, I think , be at least one more who gave Gerard the flick.. I could be wrong. .. but to me, its a distinct possibility.

her relationship she had previously, which she stuck out for 17 years.. how bad must THAT have been that she traded it for THIS thing??

She must have had women friends.. or .... SOMEONE who must have told her , Toni Toni, get a GRIP.. she must have!!... no one could hear that yarn and NOT say it!!

Some women just don't want to hear it...I think she really did believe he would leave Allison. I do feel for Toni...another women trapped in the web of lies and deceit by the master known as GBC. :scared:

because I think he planned for some time to murder Alison.. he was in the process of building up the idea of her committing suicide to every damn person he could... wouldn't surprise me if it was his leading line..

Hi all, I was able to make it to court today too! Will report as soon as I have a few moments. What a day!

Thanks to all of our Tweet grabbers, I've been trying to catch up this afternoon, so your time is very much appreciated.

Just reading a few things via MSM and the following sent chills down my spine.

Michael Byrne questioning OW.

11:42am: "What was your understanding of clinical depression at the time?" defence counsel Michael Bryrne QC asked.

Ms Walton replied: "She was very clear about explaining it to me as a deficiency in a particular hormone, I think, which meant that she was unable to produce, I think it is called serotonin, in her brain ...

"She described it to me as 'like the river is dry' and she wasn't able to function in a normal way and so the medication helped the water to flow again and once the water was flowing again she was able to function again on a normal level.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-4-week-2-20140616-3a6an.html#ixzz34meQPSE7

And this from OW.

12:13pm: Ms Walton said her sister-in-law was concerned about her eldest daughter's level of anxiety and once took her to a program called Fun Friends.

Mrs Baden-Clay later became trained in the program and taught it to teachers at Brookfield State Primary School so they could pass it on their students.

The program focuses on teaching children resilience and how to overcome anxiety.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-4-week-2-20140616-3a6an.html#ixzz34mfW5KNV

BBM: Doesn't sound like someone who couldn't function on a daily basis and shut themselves away in a dark room! OW, you're such an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member