The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 17th June - Trial Day 5 - Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Officer Kieron Ash is shown photo of marks on #badenclay 's face. Says when he saw them they were redder and skin raised. @9NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Const Ash says Gerard's father appeared, came down and put his arm around his son. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 46s
Const Ash asked to speak privately to Gerard. Nigel went inside. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 55s
Ash asked to speak to Gerard privately #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s
Gerard told the officer she'd gone for a morning walk and not returned. #badenclay

Const Ash says the scratches were "redder and more raised" than photographs taken later. #badenclay

^^ that's what will do him in in this case .. those scratches are the final word from Allison.

Gerard told the officer she'd gone for a morning walk and not returned. #badenclay

.. and he's panicking by 7:15?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s
Gerard said his wife fell asleep on the couch watching the Footy Show - Ash #badenclay

wha??!!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s
The constable asked him if there were any problems with the marriage. Gerard said he'd recently had an affair #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 57s
Const Ash asked Gerard how the relationship with his wife was going. Gerard said he had had an affair that Allison was aware of. #badenclay

.30pm: The jury was played a 000 call from Gerard Baden-Clay to police at 7.15am on April 20, 2012.

It was three minutes and 30 seconds long.

The operator asked him where he was.

“Good morning, Brookfield. 593 Brookfield Rd, Brookfield. Um … my wife isn’t home and um, I don’t know where she is,” it said.

He told the operator he last saw his wife when he went to bed the night before.

“Last night when I went to bed … I got up this morning and she wasn’t there and that’s not unusual she often goes for a walk in the morning,” he said.

He said her wife had planned to leave for the city at 7am.

“I’m now driving the streets and my father has come over to look after my children,” he said.

Baden-Clay told the operator his wife’s name was Allison and she was 44.

He gave the officer a description of his wife, adding that she just had her hair done.

“She got it done last night its sort of a blonde-y, brown, reddish look. Shoulder-length,” he said.

He said she was roughly 5 foot 6.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226956622231

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 59s
Gerard said a counsellor told them to talk for 15 minutes at a time - Ash #badenclay

Gerard told the officer Allison didn't trust him. They'd been having counselling. #badenclay

3:36pm: Constable Ash said he arrived to find Gerard Baden-Clay wearing a business shirt, suit pants and cufflinks that morning.

He also noticed Mr Baden-Clay had scratches on the right side of his face.

Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC showed Constable Ash a photograph of the scratches on Mr Baden-Clay's face.

"On the morning ... they were redder and the skin was raised," Constable Ash said, referring to the photograph.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34s80IiBB

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s
Gerard said a counsellor told them to talk for 15 minutes at a time - Ash #badenclay

Wow .. I think GBC may have confessed early if his parents and sister hadn't been there.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s
Gerard told the officer he and his sister had been driving around looking for Allison. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday5

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Ash: he said he cut himself shaving #badenclay

Const Ash asked that the officer not pass that information on to his father or sister, as they didn't know about the affair. #badenclay

Const Ash says Gerard told him he'd cut himself shaving. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Officer Ash first at #badenclay home. Gerard told him of affair straight away but asked him not to tell his father or sister.@9NewsBrisbane

Const Ash says the scratches were "redder and more raised" than photographs taken later. #badenclay

^^ that's what will do him in in this case .. those scratches are the final word from Allison.

I hate saying it, we've always presumed the scratches were from Allison??

..........however, where was TM on that night............

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s
Ash says he went and had a look in a bathroom, didn't notice anything #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45s
Const Ash says they went into the house to complete a missing persons report. He looked in the ensuite. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s
Const Ash says they asked Gerard whether Allison had taken any possessions. He didn't know. They spotted her handbag. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 36s
Const Ash says they emptied the handbag contents onto the floor looking for a phone. They didn't find one. #badenclay

Did we hear at first that Allison went for a late night walk? Was that misreporting from media .. or did GBC have a different version going at one stage?

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 59s
Const Ash asked Gerard what Allison would have been wearing. Gerard said gym pants and a t-shirt. #badenclay

3:10pm: Ms Ritchie said she understood Allison hoped to become a "stronger person" through counselling.

"She wanted to work on herself ... to [become] someone who had a voice in this relationship," she said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34s1e8DLa

And that say's it all.

Allison was down trodden, bullied put down and told she wasn't good enough, her entire life was judged by GBC, her parenting, her ability as a Mother, even her weight to the point she believed it, but, I believe she had decided to fight back and move on with her life, and that was something GBC didn't want to see.

Did we hear at first that Allison went for a late night walk? Was that misreporting from media .. or did GBC have a different version going at one stage?

Yes he gave four different versions. He'd told a friend she'd gone walking at night then it was changed to morning walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member