DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 52s
'It's about rebuilding the trust,' he says #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 54s
Gerard says they had a session with a counsellor that was overall "a pretty positive thing". #badenclay

3.50pm: The 38th witness is Constable Kieron Ash, who in April 2012 was stationed at the Indooroopilly police station.

He said he was tasked to attend the Baden-Clay family home at 7.30am on April 20, 2012.

Constable Ash said when he arrived, a woman he later found out was Olivia Walton, was coming down the front stairs with three children.

He said they hopped into the blue car and went to school.

“Shortly after that Gerard Baden-Clay made himself available to us by walking down the front stairs,” he said.

“He was dressed in a business shirt that was pin-striped, business style pants on and he had cuff links. When I first saw him I noticed that he had scratches on the right hand side of his face.”

The jury was shown a photo of the scratches on the face of the accused.

“When I saw them I believe they were redder and the skin was raised around the scratched areas,” he said.

He said Nigel Baden-Clay was also at the house.

“He walked down the stairs, stood in front of us and put his arm around Gerard,” he said.

Constable Ash said on first meeting Baden-Clay, he told him he was there in relation to a missing persons report.

He said the accused asked him to move his car because he had blocked his sister in.

“He said that she’d (Allison) gone for a morning walk and had not yet returned,” he said.

“He was unsure of the exact streets that she used.”

Constable Ash said Baden-Clay told him his wife fell asleep on the couch while watching The Footy Show about 10pm the night before.

“He didn’t know what time she got up,” he said.

“I asked him how the relationship was going and was there any issues within the relationship. “He told me that he’d recently had an affair which Allison was aware of and there was some tension between the couple due to the nature of the affair and that Allison did not trust him and that they had a counsellor who had advised him they needed to spend approximately 15 minutes a day talking about the affair and the information.”

He said the accused asked him not to share that information with his father or sister.

“He told me he had cut himself shaving that morning because he was in a hurry trying to prepare lunch for the girls, dress them, get them breakfast,” he said.

Constable Ash said Baden-Clay told them he had driven a few streets in the area in the Holden Captiva.

He said he then looked through the house, including the main bedroom and ensuite.

The jury was shown a photo of the ensuite bathroom as it appeared that morning.

He said he asked about any belongings his wife may have taken with her.

“He was unsure, then we noticed a handbag belonging to Allison on the floor just outside the main bedroom and next to the dining table where we were sitting,” he said.

“We emptied the contents onto the floor and we were looking for a mobile phone but we didn’t find one.”

The jury was shown a photo of the couple’s dining room.

He said the accused told him he thought his wife would be wearing gym clothes.

“I went outside and looked both in the Captiva and the Prado for the mobile phone,” he said.

“I located some medication that belonged to Allison in the central console of the vehicle, between the two front seats just behind the handbrake.”

Constable Ash said he took the medication out and placed it on the bonnet of the car.

The jury was shown a photo of the box of Zoloft prescribed to Allison Baden Clay that he found.

He said there was nothing in the Prado that was of interest and he failed to find the phone in either car.

“I asked Gerard for the phone number and I rang the phone several times and each time it went to message bank,” he said.

Constable Ash said Nigel Baden-Clay was sitting in a lounge chair.

“Whilst I was at the house, some other police officers turned up after a while and I went outside to the front of the house and I observed Baden-Clay’s father Nigel take a vacuum cleaner and a green garden hose and put them into his Holden Statesman,” he said.

He said he had been at the house for about 30 to 40 minutes when more senior police arrived.

In cross-examination by Michael Byrne QC, for Baden-Clay, he agreed the accused told him his father was helping him to do some maintenance at a rental property when he was found carrying the vacuum.

Constable Ash agreed the box of medication he found was empty.

He agreed Baden-Clay consented to him looking in the cars and through the house.

“At that point, being a police officer and being a first response police officer, I thought it was possible that perhaps domestic violence had taken place or something else had taken place,” he said.

Yes.
"Bones of our arse" is commonly used in all Africa not just South Africa.
Remember Baden-Clays are not South African.
Nige was born in Tanzania, lived most his life in Zambia and about 2 x years in Zimbabwe. The rest of his time here in Oz.

Interesting. I am familiar with the expression and have used it in conversation and have no connection to South Africa bar a couple of acquaintances. May have picked it up from hubby, but he's a Kiwi. I don't find it unusual.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s
'Watching the Footy Show' on the couch, he says when asked when he last saw Allison. Says it's not unusual #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Gerard tells the officers he is a heavy sleeper and he doesn't actually know if his wife came to bed the night before. #badenclay

Gerard says it was not unusual for one of them to fall asleep on the couch at night. #badenclay

He said in another interview A was asleep watching the FS? Which was it?

Constable Ash agreed he found nothing, no evidence of a struggle and no damage to the house.

“I looked in the sink, the waste paper basket, the sink hole and the towels in the basket and found no trace of blood,” he said.

He agreed he saw no evidence of violence.

Constable Ash agreed he arrived about 8am with his partner.

He said he contacted the district duty officer and further police arrived at the house on Brookfield Rd.

Constable Ash said the first police to arrive were senior sergeants, including the district duty officer, while up to five police from Indooroopilly Criminal Investigation Branch also arrived.

He said an inspector turned up later in the day.

He said he remembered police doing a line search for the mobile phone later in the day.

“At the peak time? I could estimate maybe 15 to 20 police officers,” Constable Ash said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226956622231

Gerard tells them his wife gets up two or three times a week at 5am to go walking. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Tells the officers his wife goes walking two or three times a week, 'we're both trying to lose weight' #badenclay

Gerard tells the officers his wife has two walking outfits, describes them #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s
The tape has been stopped. Court is adjourned. #badenclay

Gerard is describing the outfits his wife would normally wear walking.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Court adjourned mid-recording. Will resume tomorrow morning. #badenclay @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Court heard about 10 mins of that recorded conversation, now adjourned until 10am @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Tape over .. court adjourned til tomoz .. interesting day tomorrow too by the looks :)

4:32pm: The recording of a conversation between Mr Baden-Clay, Sergeant Jackson and Senior Sergeant Narelle Curtis.

"What is her state of mind?" Senior Sergeant Curtis asked.

Mr Baden-Clay replied: "As I was discussing with the constable before, it's been pretty good, she does have a history of depression. It has been managed with medication."

Senior Sergeant Curtis asked whether Mrs Baden-Clay was taking her medication at that time.

Mr Baden-Clay: "We haven't really discussed it for a long time."

Senior Sergeant Curtis: "Basically you and your wife are estranged."

Mr Baden-Clay: "No."

Senior Sergeant Curtis: "You're not estranged."

Mr Baden-Clay: "No."

Senior Sergeant Curtis: "There's no indication that you're marriage is going to break up?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "I hope not."

Mr Baden-Clay then indicated he needed to divulge something in private. The officers asked Mr Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton to step outside. Mr Baden-Clay then told them about his affair.

"Obviously that has put a strain on the relationship, but we're working through it and in fact we went and saw a counsellor on Monday," he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34sMKKPcC

Gerard tells the officers there is something he needs to tell them in private. Olivia is asked to leave. #badenclay

'I had an affair, it ended last year,' he tells the officers #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s
Gerard tells them he has been having an affair "that ended last year" and his wife found out. #badenclay

Tells officers about the counsellor they've been seeing #badenclay

GBC had become so accustomed to people believing his lies, he really thought police would believe every word he said.

Compulsive liar!!

Many thanks again to all who helped with the updates....fantastic job!! Thanks to everyone for being here for Allison.

Beautiful-yellow-sunflower-on-black-background-heart-shaped-stickers.png

Wouldn't it be great if everyone turned up to court in black wearing sunflowers

Great idea :)

Front Page of this afternoons TX makes me happy :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402988026306.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402988026306.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 101
Well GBC was truthful about the bones out of their arse comment, though the defence challenge that he said that. So perhaps the only truthful statement to come out of his mouth is challenged! How ironic.
Actually his statement that Allison's mind was pretty good was truthful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro