Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Ms Ritchie says Allison's role was to work on herself. She didn't present with the affair as her focus. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 58s
Ms Ritchie says she had the impression that Allison wanted to work on herself. To change to a stronger person. #badenclay

So DID she want to work on herself .. or did the counsellor THINK Allison SHOULD want to work on herself and so she told her that? Did the counsellor ever give either of these two space to tell her what THEY wanted, or to even work that out for themselves?

Ms Ritchie said Ms Baden-Clay told her she wanted to work on herself and “sort lots of issues, especially the parenting”.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226956622231

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47s
Ms Ritchie says she would normally restrict questions about details of the affair to the counselling room. #badenclay

Ms Ritchie: I told her it was an expression of feelings. #badenclay

Ms Ritchie says she told Allison her role was to discuss the affair, 10-15 minutes every second day and at no other time. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Ms Ritchie says she told Gerard his only role was to be silent and listen, say sorry after if he felt like it #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 59s
Ms Ritchie: Honesty and transparency is essential if trust is to be re-established. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 48s
Defence asking Ms Ritchie what restrictions she put on the 15 minute sessions. #badenclay

See she gave them mixed signals there .. one minute it was Allison's role to discuss the affair, the next she's saying it's Allison's role to work on herself, then she says restrict questions about the affair to the counselling room, next it's talking about it for 10-15 mins every second day??

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s
Mr Byrne wants to know if counsellor put restrictions on physical intimacy #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 44s
Ms Ritchie says drawing a floorplan of Ms McHugh's house "isn't what I would have advised". #badenclay

Ms Ritchie says she can't remember, but she would have recommended against. #badenclay

:confused:

3pm: The jury is continuing to hear evidence from the 37th witness in the trial, Relationships Australia relationships counsellor Carmel Ritchie.

Ms Ritchie said she noted that after Allison Baden-Clay told her the affair began on August 27, 2008, the couple had celebrated their anniversary on August 23, 2003.

“I confronted him immediately, he is now honest and takes responsibility,” she said.

“He blames me for the depression. She said she had spent the past 10 years saying ‘I am not depressed’.”

Ms Baden-Clay said she surprised him by asking him “What’s wrong with us?” and he told her he wanted to leave the relationship.

She said Ms Baden-Clay told her she thought her husband was having a mid-life crisis.

Ms Ritchie read her assessment of the consultation to the jury.

She said Ms Baden-Clay told her Mr Baden-Clay was “ambitious and leader-like”.

She said Ms Baden-Clay felt her husband had high expectations of her and her children and she felt as though she was not good enough.

“Gerard did not understand about depression and he told Allison that it is all in her mind and generally get over it. Gerard blames Allison’s depression for the affair,” she read.

“Gerard says Allison is not the girl he married but then, Gerard has also changed. He used to be kind and emphatic but changed in the past couple of months to a ‘look after myself-only’ attitude.”

She wrote that Ms Baden-Clay told her the goal she had was to look after herself and to look at her parenting, while Mr Baden-Clay’s attitude to the affair was to “wipe it clean”.

“She has unhelpful beliefs about a wife’s role and is a conflict avoider,” she read from her assessment of the consultation.

Ms Ritchie said Ms Baden-Clay told her she had spent the last 10 years saying “I’m not depressed”.

She said Ms Baden-Clay’s mood was of relief on the day of the appointment.

“I think that she left with hope, I think that she was hopeful when she went, I thought she was in a good mood because she was actually doing something to help herself,” Ms Ritchie said.

Ms Ritchie said the next appointment was on April 16, 2012.

She said Ms Baden-Clay and the accused turned up in the waiting room.

“Allison introduced me to Gerard and then I took Gerard into the counselling room,” she said.

Ms Ritchie said Mr Baden-Clay told her about his achievements rather than his personal attributes.

“He said he worked in real estate, was the president of the chamber of commerce, vice-president of the P&C and was in the Real Estate Institute of Queensland,” she said.

She said she asked Mr Baden-Clay if he could outline what he saw were the problems in the relationship.

“He said: ‘Allison does not trust me, she questions me, she says yes when she means no. Allison’s disappointment with her life and I used to blame Allison for disappointments in my life’,” she read to the jury.

She said Mr Baden-Clay told her he wanted to build a future together, wanted to get on with life, not to regress and to “wipe it clean”.

Ms Ritchie said the reason he came to counselling was because his wife wanted him to.

“Because Gerard had come, my total focus was the affair so I had to go straight into some kind of treatment for the affair, so I then began to explain to Gerard what had to be step one in trying to heal the damage in this affair,” she said.

She said step one involved him sitting and listening to his wife’s feelings about the affair every second night until their next appointment.

“Gerard felt that was in the past and I explained that past was very present and painful for Allison, so that was the step that he had to take,” she said.

“I found Gerard was very resistant to that, he felt that was regression, and so I had to reiterate a number of times what had to happen and this was absolutely step one.”

Ms Ritchie said that eventually, Mr Baden-Clay agreed he would sit down and listen to his wife’s feelings for a minimum of 10 minutes – no more than 15 minutes – and that any talk of the affair was to be limited to that time.

“There was to be no talk of it other than that,” she said.

“To simply listen was his role.”

Ms Ritchie said the rest of the session together was spent explaining the listening exercise to Ms Baden-Clay.

She said Mr Baden-Clay never gave her any information about the current status of the affair or that it was continuing.

“I thought she was very hopeful when she left, you know? Something was being done about this,” she said of Ms Baden-Clay’s mood on April 16.

Ms Ritchie said she asked them to see her in a fortnight.

“I considered that relationship was in a crisis and two weeks was plenty of time,” she said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226956622231

OMG curiosity killed the cat but it made me blind.... What on earth was that pash in the garage about with his parents?

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 51s
Ms Ritchie: I think it is easier for Allison to deal with facts than her fantasies or feelings. #badenclay

OMG curiosity killed the cat but it made me blind.... What on earth was that pash in the garage about with his parents?

LOL!!! :floorlaugh:

Thanks for giving me granny-pash PTSD again BTW :scared:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 53s
Defence says Allison had a long-term depressive illness, was on 100mg of Zoloft a day and was experiencing flashbacks. #badenclay

Ms Ritchie says while she wouldn't have advised it, it wouldn't have been such a bad thing for Allison. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 59s
Ms Ritchie says dealing with facts would have been easier for Allison #badenclay

Defence says the floorplan wouldn't have been good for Allison. Ms Ritchie says it would have made her uncomfortable. #badenclay

Lol sorry I kept reading about it and thought I should see. IT CAN NOT BE UNSEEN THOUGH!!!

3:14pm: Mr Byrne has shown Ms Ritchie a page from Allison's journal that features a sketch drawn by Mr Baden-Clay.

The sketch shows the layout of his mistress' apartment.

3:10pm: Ms Ritchie said she understood Allison hoped to become a "stronger person" through counselling.

"She wanted to work on herself ... to [become] someone who had a voice in this relationship," she said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34s3a5WTU

Ms Ritchie says Gerard had so far not wanted to listen to Allison's feelings. She says she recommended he did that. #badenclay

Ms Ritchie: I did not say he had to answer her questions. Defence: He can't just be silent. #badenclay

Ms Ritchie has been excused. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday5

Defence saying Ms Ritchie didn't tell Gerard he didn't have to answer questions from Allison #badenclay

Ms Ritchie says her advice to Gerard was just to listen #badenclay

I am really liking Dr Bourke! :clap:

He's my doctor and he's awesome. I've been to see him re depression and anxiety and he was kind thoughtful considered and informed and empathic so at least we know Al was in caring expert hands there

3:20pm: "Is that the type of questioning, discussion, that you would have envisaged for two days after that first session?" Mr Byrne asked.

"It isn't what I would have advised, no," Ms Ritchie replied.

Looking at the sketch she said: "I honestly don't see a great deal wrong with that. I think there eventually has to be some kind of transparency. I think it is easier for Allison to deal with facts, rather than her fantasies or fears, so I think it's not such a terrible thing to have happened."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34s4MhQUq

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
#badenclay trial about to be played triple 0 call Gerard made the morning Allison reported missing. @7NewsBrisbane

Ms Ritchie can't remember Gerard talking about his children, would have written it down #badenclay

Ms Ritchie says she doesn't recall Gerard mentioning his children. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 44s
Ms Ritchie: When I ask Gerard who he is, I would hope he would mention his relationships ..don't remember him mentioning children #badenclay

zip...flew right past his head :)

It's all me, me, me with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members