The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 17th June - Trial Day 5 - Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went yesterday. Arrived about 8.30 and although there was a line out the door at the security, it didn't take long to get through. Went and lined up at the court room on level 5 and waited well over an hour. We were near the front, but because there was so many family and friends that filled the court, no one else was allowed in. One person had been there at 8am - first in line and still didn't get into that room. The viewing room was overflowing, but I eventually got in and found some floor space. (Thanks Liadan for the chair).

In the afternoon we actually got to sit in the dock in the viewing room.

Guess it depends on how many family attend on the day and who is to be on the witness stand that day. Yesterday we saw a lot of the major players, so maybe other days might be quieter. If I was to go again, I'd go straight to the viewing room and get a seat on the right-hand wall side - not in the public gallery, but at the side. Look forward to your feedback tomorrow evening.

Thanks for the insight BN! I'll head for the overflow room :).

I went yesterday. Arrived about 8.30 and although there was a line out the door at the security, it didn't take long to get through. Went and lined up at the court room on level 5 and waited well over an hour. We were near the front, but because there was so many family and friends that filled the court, no one else was allowed in. One person had been there at 8am - first in line and still didn't get into that room. The viewing room was overflowing, but I eventually got in and found some floor space. (Thanks Liadan for the chair).

In the afternoon we actually got to sit in the dock in the viewing room.

Guess it depends on how many family attend on the day and who is to be on the witness stand that day. Yesterday we saw a lot of the major players, so maybe other days might be quieter. If I was to go again, I'd go straight to the viewing room and get a seat on the right-hand wall side - not in the public gallery, but at the side. Look forward to your feedback tomorrow evening.

Agreed...straight to the overflow room. It's a good place to be. A bit more atmosphere & you kind of get to see more. If you have never been before, be warned, it will be nothing like you expect. Cheers for the lovely Allison :seeya:

Speaking of the neatly made bed, could someone please indulge me and post (yet again) the police picture of the main bedroom? I want to compare the picture on the news tonight and the other one to see if they are they same, I thought there were a few differences? My point being that maybe they were taken at different times, and the other one one was after the house was tidied up? Thanks in advance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2659634/Court-sees-email-accused-wife-killer-Gerard-Baden-Clay-sent-mistress-days-Allison-disappeared.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 84
Oh I want to hear it! Was he arrogant or did he have that 'little bit hurt' whinge in his voice.
I'll watch out for a link.

TGY, there's a link further up, I don't know how to repost it but it was business as usual, pretty casual sounding, no whinginess to me.

Transcript of the 000 call is also available in this link...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048080&postcount=7"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*[/ame]

Has anyone noticed that in the 000 phone call recording Gerard says that last night 'we' went to bed, then changes it quickly to 'I'?

I found some of the points in Todd Fullers opening interesting.
Each of the girls had their own room, from memory one of the girls were asked in the interview who made their beds. They answered Mum.
Wonder if the girls beds were made?

He also addressed neighbors hearing screams, arguing :::: then he signaled out DR Bruce
Flegg hearing screams. Why?

I am looking forward to the roundabout too! Weren't the police timing vehicle driving times, closing the round about at night and seeking witnesses of vehicles?
Is it a possible scenario that A & G have argued outside, struggled (maybe fallen hence the plant matter) and she has made a dash for the Captiva to get away from him and taken off. Gerard follows in hot pursuit in the the Prado(squealing wheels, loud thumps of car doors being slammed). If I remember a witness saw 2 cars following each other closely out near the bridge.
Another struggle at the bridge (scratches etc) and she strikes her face against the perhaps open tailgate of the Captiva? Explains the chipped tooth and perhaps a blood nose.. They bleed copiously. But his blow has killed her.
Now he has more problems on his hands. He has to dispose of the body but in addition he has two cars out at the bridge. He needs someone else to drive one of them back.
Enter NBC. After a call from G, he drives to the shopping center at the rounabout, leaves his own car there, and GBC picks him up in his Prado. Back out to the bridge, make sure the body is hidden, and they drive the two cars back to the Brookfield house. Leave the Captiva, back to the shopping center carpark in the Prado and pick up GBCs car and back to Brookfield to start inventing the night to explain the events to the police.
Too far fetched?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Omg! I just listened to the 000call on the news. Gerard even had the nerve to have a dig at the police saying "I tried the 131 number but it went on forever" who does this man think he is!!!!

Just say, Allison could have decided she wasn't going to the conference. That's on the cards SHE ONLY HAD $20.00 in her bank, how was she to afford it.

She was a director, she could make that decision.
She could have met with her friend outside the gate to pick up the ball gowns and then decided to quickly go to hers for a coffee. That's no crime. A text to hubby to advise would be nice though.

There are so many scenarios that did not warrant a 000 call.

Now if it was one of the young girls missing, that's a different thing! 000 immediately.

Hey guys i'm going to be heading up to watch all day tomorrow.

Does anyone know roughly what time I should get there so I can be in line to get inside the court room without any hassles?

I went two years ago on the day the bomb threat was called in and we were all crammed in and standing up against a wall, but had to leave just a few minutes later because of the problem.

I'm a little eager to go and watch!

Hi Jam13
I got there at 8.30 just to be sure. Don't bother trying to get into the main court, go straight up to the overflow room. If you get there before 9 you should get a front/second row seat, before 9.50 you should get a seat. After 10 just standing room available. Good luck.

I am looking forward to the roundabout too! Weren't the police timing vehicle driving times, closing the round about at night and seeking witnesses of vehicles?
Is it a possible scenario that A & G have argued outside, struggled (maybe fallen hence the plant matter) and she has made a dash for the Captiva to get away from him and taken off. Gerard follows in hot pursuit in the the Prado(squealing wheels, loud thumps of car doors being slammed). If I remember a witness saw 2 cars following each other closely out near the bridge.
Another struggle at the bridge (scratches etc) and she strikes her face against the perhaps open tailgate of the Captiva? Explains the chipped tooth and perhaps a blood nose.. They bleed copiously. But his blow has killed her.
Now he has more problems on his hands. He has to dispose of the body but in addition he has two cars out at the bridge. He needs someone else to drive one of them back.
Enter NBC. After a call from G, he drives to the shopping center at the rounabout, leaves his own car there, and GBC picks him up in his Prado. Back out to the bridge, make sure the body is hidden, and they drive the two cars back to the Brookfield house. Leave the Captiva, back to the shopping center carpark in the Prado and pick up GBCs car and back to Brookfield to start inventing the night to explain the events to the police.
Too far fetched?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Very well crafted :moo:

To me they definitely look like they would have to have been done from in front of him, ie strangling her or the like, as they come forward down his face. If Allison was just angry and scratched him from behind in a temper, him unaware she was coming for him, they would go the other way. Just thoughts.

I agree but the scratches and marks on his body look like shoe marks. That's what you'd do to get someone off you.

Agreed...straight to the overflow room. It's a good place to be. A bit more atmosphere & you kind of get to see more. If you have never been before, be warned, it will be nothing like you expect. Cheers for the lovely Allison :seeya:

Everyone is really friendly and yes there is the occasional pushy person but I think on the whole being in the overflow room is not as stressy as being on the court floor.

You get a good sense of how much community is behind Allison as well! Her story has definitely struck a chord with locals, women, careers, parents, etc!

Firstly, a great job on the tweets WSer's. Thank-you. Just read the entire thread - I'll try catching up earlier tomorrow ;)

Just a thought about the scratch marks..

If he had grabbed ABC from behind and she was facing forward - she may have thrown her arms backwards over her shoulders to get at his face.
Just try it - throw your hands over your shoulder and see the position of your thumbs.
I am sure the arced scratch is a thumb nail - and the others would be fingers.
Now, in saying that - there looks to be some pressure applied to get the graze happening on the scratches - and I think maybe that could have come from pressure if he had rolled her on the ground in a lock - possibly with legs around the body and his face to the ground with her hand under it.

And I ask - who has shaving scratches and still has a 5 o'clock shadow. And what was he shaving with - the lid off a tin can?

Gerard is so cool and collect in the phone transcript. He doesn;t sound tired, like a man who has been up all night, he doesn't agitated or frightened, I don't quite know what to make of that!

Ok, so I've just listened to the 000 call in full on YouTube. What I heard was a whole lot of static when Gerard was talking, and then a clear line when the operator was talking. To me it didn't sound like any static like when I listen to my husband when he rings me from the car, more like when he is walking and talking on the way to an appointment. Pacing the house maybe? Could be my imagination but it stuck out to me immediately. IMO

Hi Jam13
I got there at 8.30 just to be sure. Don't bother trying to get into the main court, go straight up to the overflow room. If you get there before 9 you should get a front/second row seat, before 9.50 you should get a seat. After 10 just standing room available. Good luck.

Thanks for that Hillsdon! Will try and get up there nice and early to get a seat.

Constable Ash agreed he found nothing, no evidence of a struggle and no damage to the house.

“I looked in the sink, the waste paper basket, the sink hole and the towels in the basket and found no trace of blood,” he said.

He agreed he saw no evidence of violence.

If he had innocently cut himself shaving wouldn't there be tissues or something with blood on them in the bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey