The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Money to buy/lease a new car?

GBC used to own a Lexus. I would say the balloon payment on that was about due so they got rid of it and refinanced to get the Captiva. A cheaper car with lower monthly payments. It would have paid for by the business, not out of their personal finances. My own opinion.

Does the jury know that the car was practically new - 8 weeks from memory?

I can't recall that it's been mentioned yet, but in any case, that fact would not be down to the blood expert to present. Hopefully it will still be mentioned, most likely by the police officer who recorded that information. Means it can't be challenged as hearsay, but also makes it trickier for the jury to put two and two together. Hopefully they are all taking lots of notes and things are matching up for them already!

At 6am you would just tell your kids that mummy was probably still out walking. If that is indeed what OW said G told the kids (re mum in a hole) then could be extremely significant.

Isn't it amazing. Every single incriminating action he took, the Team BC has an answer for.

1. He only phoned 000 that early because Bwana and Livvy told him to

2. He only went to the doctors because the police/lawyers told him to

3. He only filled in paperwork for insurance before the body was even identified because Bwana told him to

Did I leave anything out? I'm sure I did!
I met him (GBC) early 2008, bought a house through him, Toni was in the house, lurking around, at the time I wondered what she was doing. I must say my impression of Gerard was an ineffectual little man, whose Daddy was running the business. All the dealings with signing contracts was with NBC. He told me he was from Keeeeenya!! Oh and GBC told me he lived in Brookfield on 10 acres and his girls had horses. They're in real estate, bs comes naturally to them all IMO :)

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s
The court is being shown photographs of the scratches on Gerard's face. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday6

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Venardos took photos of Gerard's injuries April 21 #badenclay

Some of these repeat info a bit ..

IMO this seems like a PT strategy to link scratches & blood rivulets in the car with murder - in the minds of the Jury. My opinion only.

I can't recall that it's been mentioned yet, but in any case, that fact would not be down to the blood expert to present. Hopefully it will still be mentioned, most likely by the police officer who recorded that information. Means it can't be challenged as hearsay, but also makes it trickier for the jury to put two and two together. Hopefully they are all taking lots of notes and things are matching up for them already!

Maybe, there is a witness to testify about financial things? I remember extensively accounting checks?

I think that he had no idea there was blood in the car so no reason to clean up the car. A trickle of dark blood against the dark grey interior. He had a boy look!

Blood to car door handle. Could GBC have put pressure (with his hand) to ABC (head) wound, then opened door to seat and recline her whereby her injury continued to bleed?

Did the police swab that steering wheel??

Only this car was reversed in to park.

Perhaps clean up of GBC hands occurred with tap or at a creek away from house.

Did he aim to clean this car (in reverse position to allow greater privacy while doing so) but inevitably time and unexpected multiple police presence did not allow for this clean up to the rear of the vehicle?

IMO

Wow, so many posts to catch up on!!!! I've JUST quickly finished catching up on yesterday!!!!!
Reading all this almost reminds me of my ex husband- narcissistic, controlling, belittling, cheating, giving me a small "allowance" each week. Best to think myself lucky he just up and left for a younger woman after 5 years of marriage and a 12mth old baby, and didn't bloody kill me!!!!!
Haven't heard anything about today's updates, so I best get reading!!! Thanks again to everyone for passing the updates, so very appreciated!!!!!

I met him (GBC) early 2008, bought a house through him, Toni was in the house, lurking around, at the time I wondered what she was doing. I must say my impression of Gerard was an ineffectual little man, whose Daddy was running the business. All the dealings with signing contracts was with NBC. He told me he was from Keeeeenya!! Oh and GBC told me he lived in Brookfield on 10 acres and his girls had horses. They're in real estate, bs comes naturally to them all IMO :)

Interesting re the 10acres, I thought before Brookfield Rd he rented for a few years at Gubberley St Kenmore? Hmmm....

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 36s

Dr Stark says injury from razor blades usually results in a finer abrasion "a nick to the skin" @NewsTalk4BC #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 58s

Forensic expert says #badenclay 's cuts "not typical of razorblade injury. But you can't exclude it completely." @7NewsBrisbane

The problem is not being able to exclude it leaves room for reasonable doubt.

Are old razors likely to cause large cuts like that?

I think you are more likely to cut yourself with an old blunt razor as you need to push harder for it to work. But as someone else said I have had those size cuts on my shinbone, it wouldn't look like that on fleshy skin I don't think.

The problem is not being able to exclude it leaves room for reasonable doubt.

I agree - if that was the only piece of evidence. But all of these little things, when taken on their own do not necessarily point to guilt, when all put together it's pretty damning IMO.

I think you are more likely to cut yourself with an old blunt razor as you need to push harder for it to work. But as someone else said I have had those size cuts on my shinbone, it wouldn't look like that on fleshy skin I don't think.

And I bet that when you cut your shinbone you didn't keep going straight away and cut yourself again. I've done it to myself on my shins and I certainly wasn't immediately going back for seconds. Those sort of gouges hurt!

Welcome to all the new members who've been lurking for a long time and only now started posting, lots of interesting ideas being put out there!

For everybody discussing the "mum fell down a hole" comment.....

Its possible this is a reference to Alice in Wonderland falling down the rabbit hole.
Perhaps something as a family has often been said in jest, (with Alice = Allison)
- Where's mum?
- fell down a hole.

Just a thought.
(And I believe I first read this theory here in one of the early threads way back when)

A belated hello & welcome to all our new members :)

For those who aren't aware, we have entire forum dedicated to Allison. Up the top, there are close to 50 general discussions threads along with the threads from last years Committal Hearing. Also a Timeline/Media thread which contains majority of media reports about the case.

There's also photo threads for pics from the trial & bail hearing.

All the threads are located on following link.....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494"]Allison Baden-Clay of Australia - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Interesting re the 10acres, I thought before Brookfield Rd he rented for a few years at <modsnip> Kenmore? Hmmm....

They did. I recall that it was reported they had lived at the Brookfield house for 4 years so that would be about right if he was boasting about living there in 2008. Had probably only just moved there so was still euphoric about being able to say he lived in Brookfield. He was quite keen on the 4069 postcode - he posted about it on his real estate blog.

GBC used to own a Lexus. I would say the balloon payment on that was about due so they got rid of it and refinanced to get the Captiva. A cheaper car with lower monthly payments. It would have paid for by the business, not out of their personal finances. My own opinion.

Captiva was leased

There's no other explanation former blood to be in that position in the car is another way of putting it, particularly when it was only leased eight weeks before."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...denied-bail-20121214-2beo5.html#ixzz34yMRdyli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay