The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 55s
Photo of back patio area, covered in leaves #badenclay

I have to say, it's clear from that garden that Gerrid didn't give a FF about yard work .. did you all notice how long the lawn was?

Also not bad, this name of Ger-red! Very fitting? Get rid of ... (whomever)?

They did. I recall that it was reported they had lived at the Brookfield house for 4 years so that would be about right if he was boasting about living there in 2008. Had probably only just moved there so was still euphoric about being able to say he lived in Brookfield. He was quite keen on the 4069 postcode - he posted about it on his real estate blog.

Yes but I think the horses and 10 acres are a figment of his imagination. The Brookfield Rd place is nowhere near that size. Unless there was somewhere in between?

OK, so this is from the court docs at the committal hearing - blood confirmed Allison's but not the hair. Hopefully we hear what those pending tests revealed...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 5.11.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 5.11.43 PM.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 30
For everybody discussing the "mum fell down a hole" comment.....

Its possible this is a reference to Alice in Wonderland falling down the rabbit hole.
Perhaps something as a family has often been said in jest, (with Alice = Allison)
- Where's mum?
- fell down a hole.

Just a thought.
(And I believe I first read this theory here in one of the early threads way back when)

Perhaps a bit of truth in each lie/line: she went, she fell, not coming back...

No one says that to a child/ren of any age about their mum, ever, under any circumstances)

Only a seasoned psychologist might know why he did and why Olivia repeated it... (seems this brother and sister lack or share some twist/darkness)

It really is right out there WRONG to put this in the three girls minds.

Then Olivia spends more alone time with them driving them to school - the mind boggles what she said unsupervised.

Then the Principal calls GBC as police sit down with him. Did the girls react once free of their aunty (and GBC hand up signals for silence!) finally free and feeling safe enough to react and to cry - at school. (?)

IMO

The Police Witness Statement compiled by Constable Keiron Ash is meticulous. He states Olivia Walton returned, which is when he asked her what the children had been told that morning. It's when she said Gerard told the girls shortly after 6 a.m. --- early -- that Mummy had gone for a walk, probably fallen down a hole and wouldn't be back

I'm personally confident that if Ollivia Walton had returned in a different car after dropping the children at school, then Constable Ash would have made note of it

OBW wouldn't have been at GBC house just after 6am. He didn't call NBC (per phone records and their statements until around 6:40am. Then EBC came to tell OBW. By the time she dressed, went looking for ABC it would have been nearer 7am yes?

Perhaps a bit of truth in each lie/line: she went, she fell, not coming back...

No one says that to a child/ren of any age about their mum, ever, under any circumstances)

Only a seasoned psychologist might know why he did and why Olivia repeated it... (seems this brother and sister lack or share some twist/darkness)

It really is right out there WRONG to put this in the three girls minds.

Then Olivia spends more alone time with them driving them to school - the mind boggles what she said unsupervised.

Then the Principal calls GBC as police sit down with him. Did the girls react once free of their aunty (and GBC hand up signals for silence!) finally free and feeling safe enough to react and to cry - at school. (?)

IMO

She would hardly have time to talk to them. The school would be like a 2 minute drive.

You know I don't know why people said that the house looked sterile, it looks normally lived in to me ..

It was Allison's Mum that said that, and she was talking in relation to the Kitchen specifically, I think. I don't think we have had a good view of that from the photos?

OW would have cleaned up so she could boast she had to.

Does anyone else think it is strange that GBC didn't ring his in laws before the police. They may have talked to her and knew where she was. I know my husband has rung my parents before, looking for me, when my phone is flat or I have left it at home.

Good post! Allison's parents should have been the first people to call if he was genuine. Worse than that, the conversation was of the barest detail. Very brief in time and in nature. It appeared like the phone-call that had to happen. It was essential if he was going to spin the suicide stuff. And he would have preferred not to make it. Bugger. All the time thinking he had everything under control. Money was good as in the bag.
And I think that the Dickies smelt a rat even then.

Does the jury know that the car was practically new - 8 weeks from memory?

My bet is the car salesman that sold them the captiva will give evidence to say the car was only few weeks old. Reckon DNA evidence first of hair and blood, then the clincher of the car being new. The jury has already heard the girls say mum never sat in the back and had no injuries.

For everybody discussing the "mum fell down a hole" comment.....

Its possible this is a reference to Alice in Wonderland falling down the rabbit hole.
Perhaps something as a family has often been said in jest, (with Alice = Allison)
- Where's mum?
- fell down a hole.

Just a thought.
(And I believe I first read this theory here in one of the early threads way back when)

Yes there was some discussion back in early threads re that reference to Alice in Wonderland but the comment I've bolded is really quite strange. WHY would the girls be told that!??!?!

Text copied from Constable Ash's statement...

I asked her what the girls had been told this morning, she said "that Gerard told the girls shortly after 6am that mummy had gone for a walk and probably fell down a hole wand would not be back" she then asked "is that's ok".

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048143&postcount=12"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*[/ame]

20th 10am interview, GBC talking about the house they were getting ready to sell.

house washed and cleaned, photographed yesterday (19th)
launches today 20th

So why did NBC have to take the vacuum to clean that house when it was cleaned the day before?

Senior Constable Simmon's interview with Mr Baden-Clay that morning.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-6-week-2-20140618-3ackc.html#ixzz34yQQkUp3

I think he had help and we all know who

I have to say I really do agree. Given his history of bad decisions and inability to get his act together in any sense, he just doesn't seem capable of leaving so little tangible evidence behind him that night and morning. He just doesn't strike me as having the nous. He is an experienced and thus brazen liar and probably better at being dishonest than anyone I know, but I think he would have needed help to get rid of evidence, not leave a really obvious trail behind him etc (unless it was completely premeditated which I don't really believe). All just my opinion!

Yes but I think they were running very early, so O would have had to sit with them awhile perhaps?

True. Also to keep appearances with the other Mums etc and spread what had happened etc that morning.

Yes but I think the horses and 10 acres are a figment of his imagination. The Brookfield Rd place is nowhere near that size. Unless there was somewhere in between?

Nah, he was just FOS, I'd say. I know the house, I'm not sure how much land is around it. I'd say the horses were probably My Little Ponies.

I will humbly apologise if I am wrong. But I am sure he was embellishing in order to impress.

Interesting re the 10acres, I thought before Brookfield Rd he rented for a few years at <modsnip> Kenmore? Hmmm....

They did. I recall that it was reported they had lived at the Brookfield house for 4 years so that would be about right if he was boasting about living there in 2008. Had probably only just moved there so was still euphoric about being able to say he lived in Brookfield. He was quite keen on the 4069 postcode - he posted about it on his real estate blog.

Yes but the rented house (the blue one) isn't that on 2.5 acres. No horses kept there either. My point was he was, is and probably always has spun a line to anyone and everyone who'll listen to him

Maybe, there is a witness to testify about financial things? I remember extensively accounting checks?

For sure Kelly Beckett will be giving evidence of the finances. She painted a very grim picture at the committal.

Nah, he was just FOS, I'd say. I know the house, I'm not sure how much land is around it. I'd say the horses were probably My Little Ponies.

I will humbly apologise if I am wrong. But I am sure he was embellishing in order to impress.

yep, agree. And I was just buying a house off him, so no idea why he thought that would impress. Can't imagine him being a ladies man though :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member