The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear me - <modsnip>...! Trying to back out now? Saying that he'd be very surprised if the screams came from the BC house?

And how can his phone - which I'm pretty sure was an iPhone - be consistently 6 minutes fast? They time-sync to the network. Mine is the most accurate "watch" that I own!

A lot of his evidence is ringing alarm bells in my head - I can't really accuse him of committing perjury. But I have to wonder why he testified what he did?

I've been curious as to his role from the beginning - and now his testimony has just made me much more curious...

Emmy Kubainski &#8207;@emmykubainski 1m

Robert Cheesman: didn't have any more involvement in the business after Sept 2011. @7NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s

Mr Cheesman says in Oct, 2011, he advised Gerard on buying out the rent roll. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman says Gerard got finance from his former partners who sold him the rent roll. #badenclay

Oh dear me - <modsnip>...! Trying to back out now? Saying that he'd be very surprised if the screams came from the BC house?

And how can his phone - which I'm pretty sure was an iPhone - be consistently 6 minutes fast? They time-sync to the network. Mine is the most accurate "watch" that I own!

A lot of his evidence is ringing alarm bells in my head - I can't really accuse him of committing perjury. But I have to wonder why he testified what he did?

I've been curious as to his role from the beginning - and now his testimony has just made me much more curious...

AMEN you just said exactly what I was thinking!!!!!

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 58s

Mr Cheesman discussed Gerard taking over the rent roll from the other partners, he wanted to buy them out Oct 2011 #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 1m

Gerard reached an agreement with his partners to buy them out, with payments deferred #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 45s

Mr Cheesman met Toni McHugh with other staff, didn't know of her affair with Gerard #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Mr Cheesman says he met Toni McHugh but "didn't know her". He didn't know about the affair. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman is now being questioned by the defence. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 57s

Defence says Mr Cheesman is an accountant, asks if he did investigations before making the loan #badenclay

Reminder to ALL members...

Name changes & derogatory name calling isn't allowed.

10:52am: Mr Cheesman loaned Mr Baden-Clay $90,000 in early 2011 as did other friends Stuart Christ and Peter Cranna.

Mr Baden-Clay agreed to pay his friends 10 per cent.

The accountant said he thoroughly investigated Mr Baden-Clay's business to find that the real estate agency had a very poor cash flow as a result of expenses which were too high.

A formal agreement was to be written up, but "we never got around to it" Mr Cheesman said.

He said he received interest payments for about three or four months, but nothing thereafter.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35VtzqCsh

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Mr Cheesman says for the first six months he approved every expense. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 3m

Gerard reached an agreement with his partners to buy them out, with payments deferred #badenclay

Mr Cheesman says there was a rigorous examination, expected to get the money back #badenclay

Gerard presented friends with spreadsheets showing the revenue and his assumptions, which they debated #badenclay

For the first six months Mr Cheesman approved all spending #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 47s

When Allison became involved in the business, Mr Cheesman took a step back #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Mr Cheesman Gerard "was definitely optimistic about the business". #badenclay

Mr Cheesman: We wouldn't have lent the money if we didn't think we would get it back. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman didn't get the money back. He agreed with the defence that he's never made a demand for it back. #badenclay

Gerard was very optimistic about the business, more than I was - Mr Cheesman #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 50s

Mr Cheesman agrees he's never demanded the money back #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 35s

Mr Cheesman: we were taking a bit of risk but on balance decided it was a good investment #badenclay

Mr Cheesman met Toni McHugh with other staff, didn't know of her affair with Gerard #badenclay

So the two people supposedly closest to GBC - Best Mate and Wife - were lied to

10:57am: Mr Cheesman is being cross-examined by Mr Baden-Clay's defence counsel Michael Byrne QC.

"He was definitely optimistic about the business. We wouldn't have lent him money unless we believed we would get it back," Mr Cheesman said.

"He was more more optimistic than me ... [but] I was comfortable there was enough wriggle-room there for the business to still make a profit and he would pay us back."

Mr Cheesman said his friend owned a rental property as well as a number of shares in Flight Centre.

"He personally was quite secure. He could let those businesses go broke," he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35VvCMEIx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro