The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you - I must say after last nights dream I have been feeling uneasy all day. Then next minute, case closed! Is it too early for a G & T because I'm shaking right now.

Snails, I believe you too! I had a nightmare during the first week that the judge decided there wasn't enough evidence and threw the case out. And the media/public didn't care, only WebSleuthers were outraged!

Court adjourned. Résumés at 11 am. Judge made decision. Did not accept defence submission of no murder case to answer. I won't go into details of arguments, but interesting. Judge very fair in considerations.

Desperate try by defence - earning their fees - didn't come to fruition. Murder was the charge and murder it will remain - too many unexplained happenings during the night of 19/20 April 2012. And GBC's 'alibi' of sleeping heavily all night was blown away by the charger connection in the wee hours at the very least. Only he could have connected that charger. Then we have plant matter in hair, nail scratches, bruises on chest, blood and hair in vehicle, disappeared phone, dogs barking, screams heard, thuds heard, early 'missing' report, diary entries and other agreed facts.

No, murder it is and murder it should remain. MOO

I sincerely hope this is so Troop ! We want justice for Allison the girls and the Dickies.
I want to see the gavel (is that how it is spelt?) go down with "Guilty as charged" because that is how I see it
But I want all legal argument to be offered most of all, for both sides and for justice to prevail, ultimately.

Mr and Mrs Dickie would have been quite aware of the process today.. I am sure the QPS keep them up to speed and today would have been no surprise to them at all. It is truly , as I see it, a very good day for them, as the judge has categorically discarded the theory that Alison was responsible for her own death.. by rejecting the submission that no murder was committed, the judge has underlined the point that someone murdered Alison, and left her body at the Kholo creek, and it wasn't Alison that did that.. ie. a murder was committed. .

After subscribing to WS two years ago and spending hours and hours readings these posts, I have only just found out how to refresh the page! Duh!

Maxwell not so Smart :facepalm::facepalm:

What I do not understand is this: The Crown's DNA expert said that she found partial DNA profile in two of Allison's left hand fingernails.

Let's understand this comparing a partial DNA strand to a winning lottery ticket. Let's say that Gerard's DNA strand has 6 numbers and let's say that the partial DNA strand has 3 numbers. Then the analyst can exclude or include him because she would be comparing the numbers she has to Gerard's numbers.

Let's say for example that Gerard's numbers are 1, 5, 12, 18, 24 & 58. Now let's say that the partial DNA numbers from the nails are 12, 24 & 58. This means that Gerard is a partial match to the partial DNA. Therefore he could have been included in the list of suspects.

Do you guys get my drift?

From memory the defence got her to admit that it was possible there was no second person contributing DNA here.

So any match could not have been strong enough to use for convicting someone.

Thanks everyone re refreshing - I do that now but thought there was some special way I was missing out on lol

hang in there.. .. Gerards 2nd charge.. interfering with a corpse at the Kholo bridge will sort that out.. once he takes the stand. ( haha)..

that charge unequivocally places Gerard at the Kholo bridge., ... that he, Gerard, interfered with the corpse of Alison at that bridge across the Kholo creek.
how did he get there?

he certainly didn't walk, carrying a corpse.

Yep. They obviously have reason for that charge for sure, but thus far nothing said in court about it really- Or is that still to come even though the prosecution has rested?

My thoughts on today's events. I'm feeling a bit sick at the Crown closing their class so 'early'. I too was expecting something more. I am surprised that more attention wasn't given to Allison's blonde hair, I really thought there would've been some way of establishing that it had to have been there after Allison's hair appointment on the 19th.

After reading some reassuring posts here I am feel more positive. The blood evidence is strong and the defence really didn't have much to say about it (or did I miss that?).

I caught the news at 5 on Channel 10 and the way they succinctly explained the day's evidence, in my opinion, made things look grim for GBC.

I don't comment much because I have trouble getting my words out but I appreciate everyone's thoughts and really appreciate those who tweet the updates. Big hugs to you all and prayers and thoughts for the Dickies and the girls.

My thoughts on today's events. I'm feeling a bit sick at the Crown closing their class so 'early'. I too was expecting something more. I am surprised that more attention wasn't given to Allison's blonde hair, I really thought there would've been some way of establishing that it had to have been there after Allison's hair appointment on the 19th.

After reading some reassuring posts here I am feel more positive. The blood evidence is strong and the defence really didn't have much to say about it (or did I miss that?).

I caught the news at 5 on Channel 10 and the way they succinctly explained the day's evidence, in my opinion, made things look grim for GBC.

I don't comment much because I have trouble getting my words out but I appreciate everyone's thoughts and really appreciate those who tweet the updates. Big hugs to you all and prayers and thoughts for the Dickies and the girls.

And I liked the emphasis Channel 10 put on the voice reading from Allison's diary.

Thanks everyone re refreshing - I do that now but thought there was some special way I was missing out on lol

:floorlaugh: me too.. I was secretly having self doubt about my own use of the f5 or refresh icon.. wondered if there was a magical button on WS I was missing. :D:blushing:

:floorlaugh: you mean there's a special button?:floorlaugh: I just hit the f5 or little refresh button on my browser.. I am assuming thats what you found, or am I the last one to find the special button?:blushing:

Promise I have not touched a drop yet!

Oh I am so glad I am not the only one who did not know how to 'refresh':blushing: as I am a Newbie - green as -
HI everyone :seeya:

Mr and Mrs Dickie would have been quite aware of the process today.. I am sure the QPS keep them up to speed and today would have been no surprise to them at all. It is truly , as I see it, a very good day for them, as the judge has categorically discarded the theory that Alison was responsible for her own death.. by rejecting the submission that no murder was committed, the judge has underlined the point that someone murdered Alison, and left her body at the Kholo creek, and it wasn't Alison that did that.. ie. a murder was committed. .

Thank you Trooper for having confidence in the judicial system and explaining the process so well. :) The QPS in this instance, did cross every t and dot every i as one policeman said.

We hear of so many cases where police wherever, have cocked up, contaminating a scene, not asking the important questions straight up, coming to the wrong conclusions ( Arnold and Leahy case for example) etc. etc.

Have faith websleuthers. :)

:twocents:

Oh I am so glad I am not the only one who did not know how to 'refresh':blushing: as I am a Newbie - green as -
HI everyone :seeya:

Welcome.:seeya:

Lol, about the refresh, we were all new once and had to learn. Its all good. I know the usual f5 or refresh, but thought I had missed something too in all this time on here. Glad to know I hadn't.:D

We want no stone unturned, no reason to allow an appeal.

This is to the people saying that there may be some new evidence come out over the next few days, I believe this isn't possible.

I was talking to a friend who has been in the industry for 10+ years the other day and they said that all of the evidence that the QPS/Prosecution are using MUST be stated and be made aware before the trial starts.

He told me if it's this far into the trial now, there won't be any new/damning evidence to come out that we don't know about.

This could be wrong but he has been working in the courts for quite a while now and sounded quite sure about it.

Thanks Trooper for your explanation of the Defences' strategy, I feel much relieved.
Sincerely appreciate your valuable input .... I am a very new member but I have been following WS since we lost Allison.

Thank you Trooper for having confidence in the judicial system and explaining the process so well. :) The QPS in this instance, did cross every t and dot every i as one policeman said.

We hear of so many cases where police wherever, have cocked up, contaminating a scene, not asking the important questions straight up, coming to the wrong conclusions ( Arnold and Leahy case for example) etc. etc.

Have faith websleuthers. :)

:twocents:

Prime suspect - there is soooo much more to that Leahy case that hasn't been in the media. For personal reasons I don't want to become a verified insider but rest assured there is more to it than meets the eye.

see I cant even spell

comment as much as you like we all mumble sometimes even marly [ only joking ] she's brilliant but have your say that's what this site is all about the more the merrier :loveyou: c I cant even spell

This is to the people saying that there may be some new evidence come out over the next few days, I believe this isn't possible.

I was talking to a friend who has been in the industry for 10+ years the other day and they said that all of the evidence that the QPS/Prosecution are using MUST be stated and be made aware before the trial starts.

He told me if it's this far into the trial now, there won't be any new/damning evidence to come out that we don't know about.

This could be wrong but he has been working in the courts for quite a while now and sounded quite sure about it.

It's all presented between prosecutor & defence but not all of it is reported by media to general public.

Cowan's case is a classic example of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member