The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious as to how the BC's took in Gerards testimony... Gerard said he wasn't bought up to behave like this... .. not that it made any difference.. his behaviour wasn't a one-off , it was routine, persistant and regular.. .culminating in murder....

Nige and Gerard rang each other all day and every day.. yet Nige states he knows nothing about all this kind of gutter stuff at all.. they must be wondering if they ever really knew him.. . Olivia appeared to have quite an input into Gerards family dynamics, more that the average sister-in-law.... from her evidence, in contrast to Gerards, its like a parallel universe, it doesn't meet at any point of the compass in similarity.

Hearing his version of his life, and contrasting it with Olivia's version of his life, it is two completely different planets not even in the same planetary orbit.

Surely, there must be twinges of paralysing disbelief in the powers of their own judgement by now..

Remember OW's rant at the bail heading that "all will be revealed"? I wonder if she expected this much to be revealed. The sex (and more sex) the lies (and more lies) etc etc. All we are missing now are the videotapes.

The same could be said of Max Sica trial. There was nothing to show that he killed the three Singh siblings. There were some footprints but nothing which proved beyond any doubt they belonged to Sica.

Yet he was found guilty.

And Todd Fuller QC was the Prosecutor :heartbeat:

Remember OW's rant at the bail heading that "all will be revealed"? I wonder if she expected this much to be revealed. The sex (and more sex) the lies (and more lies) etc etc. All we are missing now are the videotapes.

More than a few of us have been patiently awaiting OW's promised revelation

The JCB came along to claim something fairly monumental occurred in court -- yesterday ?

Can hardly contain myself

I'm also having trouble accepting this scenario as well. Why would TM be so concerned about Allison at the conference when Gerry has given her a commitment he would be left Allison and be with her by 1st July. I can't see her jeopardizing this commitment by confronting Allison. Likewise if Allison didn't know TM and Gerry were on again, I don't see her confronting Allison.

Am I missing something?

Imo, TM is the kind of woman that would confront Allison that she's the next in line to be Mrs BC, or at least heavily hint at it. I think she wouldn't be able to help herself.
Allison avoided confrontation, but not TM. jmho

Imo, TM is the kind of woman that would confront Allison that she's the next in line to be Mrs BC, or at least heavily hint at it. I think she wouldn't be able to help herself.
Allison avoided confrontation, but not TM. jmho

TM turned to water when she saw Allison at the gym, remember

TM needed a shoulder to cry on and Allison was a nurturing, caring woman

After half a cup of coffee, I can just hear TM asking, 'And did it only last three and a half seconds with you, too?'

The JCB came along to claim something fairly monumental occurred in court -- yesterday ?

I wouldn't say monumental exactly, but slight (and I stress the word slight) cause for concern on appeal (if convicted of course).

The one thing I will say is that I hope the prosecution have nailed it this time around because retrials always favour the defendant.

There's just something about a man prepared to carry a wig around town

it's

sort of

oddly

sexy

is it ever.. if one hangs around Supreme Courts right across Australia, a way to pass the time is to get a good close look at the shoes the Silks wear.. in this area, they go completely off the grid.. it has the effect on me that bound feet had to ancient Chinese..

and that's enough about me and my fetishes..

I wouldn't say monumental exactly, but slight (and I stress the word slight) cause for concern on appeal (if convicted of course).

The one thing I will say is that I hope the prosecution have nailed it this time around because retrials always favour the defendant.

You could always send them a letter, outlining your concerns. Send it by courier would be my tip

More than a few of us have been patiently awaiting OW's promised revelation

Can hardly contain myself

Can you believe that I will be in Brisbane from about 10am Monday to Wednesday next week? I am tossing up whether to go to court as I think Monday is going to be very interesting. I'm still deciding whether to go or not.

a retrial didn't favour Robert Farquarson.. ( the man who drove his 3 kids into a dam on Fathers Day to get back at the wife for having the good car in the divorce settlement.) in fact, he got a few more years added to the sentence dished out in his original trial. . . so it isn't a matter of always...

you've obviously out some thought into this so I'm taking your post seriously but in all honesty I don't get how this could be a realistic possibility.

Speaking as someone from Brisbane's west, it's not cold enough out here in April to die of hypothermia even if not moving around. It's colder out here in Winter but paradoxically it's warmer out here in summer and we still get the warm weather in April. If she was stuck out here and cold there'd be traffic coming past or homes she could go to for assistance rather than freezing.

As a theory it also wouldn't explain why Allison would be out this way. She wouldn't just decide to walk there, and it'd take ages, and she'd be seen. It's not near to her house foot wise. What would be the purpose for being there?

in addition to that, Allison phone would not be missing.

a retrial didn't favour Robert Farquarson.. ( the man who drove his 3 kids into a dam on Fathers Day to get back at the wife for having the good ccar in the divorce settlement.) in fact, he got a few more years added to the sentence dished out in his original trial. . . so it isn't a matter of always...

Oh yeah ---- Trooper !

POINT !

Zorro I think the tweets are like the Readers Digest version of what's actually going on so yes we should bear that in mind. So grateful though to have that info at least where distance makes it difficult to show support and respect by attending in person.

Hi everyone

I agree the tweets are great and of course better than not having them. However I can't help but feel the cross examination is either missing the punchy comebacks or they are just not being reported/tweeted.

Does anyone know if court transcripts are publicly available and are these available now or just after the trial?

Thanks
Mrs SL

I wonder how Pastor Walton-Baden-Walton-Clay is going with preparing his next sermon to a bewildered congregation. Remember way back the email he sent to his parishoners about how they are going to be hearing a lot of dreadful untruths.........I am imagining him tweeting the trial word for word to his congregation until getting to the bit where Gerard asks the prosecutor how much sordid detail he is expected to give and he suddenly realises and rereads what he has tweeted.....

a retrial didn't favour Robert Farquarson.. ( the man who drove his 3 kids into a dam on Fathers Day to get back at the wife for having the good car in the divorce settlement.) in fact, he got a few more years added to the sentence dished out in his original trial. . . so it isn't a matter of always...

I should clarify - When I say it always goes in their favour, I don't mean that they are always acquitted. The defence just has far more room to restructure their argument than the prosecution. Plus in a case like this any retrial is likely to be judge only which most believe assists the defendant. This a concern I have with the Cowan conviction, the media releasing details of his abhorrent past has put paid to a trial by jury if a retrial is ordered on appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz