The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to admit, it's difficult to find a 'good' photo of GBC. Packs of Tums should be mandatory for online sleuths for the duration of this trial

Lol LD - I can read autopsy reports etc all day, but ugh those cold emotionless eyes - can't look at them

I am curious as to how many books will be published about this case when he gets the book thrown at him? The note to the jury has to be included. I wonder if the judge will ever release the contents when he hands down his sentence.

Can anyone say anything about what the unpublished legal arguments have been about in court? It sounds like about the mr mum blog and perhaps the charges and whether more can be added? Is that right? So curious, if anyone can say anything <modsnip> I'd be keen to know!

As far as I remember from being in court on Monday, the Mr Mum blog was brought up just before lunch and the defence made some objection and jury was sent to their room. Legal discussion continued after lunch for awhile, then the jury were brought back and questioning continued on another track. It seemed to me that the prosecution were about to highlight comments from the blog made by GBC re his difficulties in keeping the home fires burning while Allison was away for a week. This was just after GBC had been banging on about what a wonderful and helpful father and husband he was.:jail::jail::jail:

Note to jury:
Do any of you guys know what Flight Centre shares are trading at today?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

or.. ' I will come to you unconditionally when you find me not guilty'...

I can barely type for disbelieving hooting howling laughter..

this is NUTS!!....

I had thought, last week, that he didn't seem to be cognisant of why he was in court. The same as his peculiar admission that he didn't know what a crime scene was, or what CID meant..

I think he really thinks he is there to INTERVIEW the jury for a position vacant in his next new franchise.. Baden-Clay Enterprises , Ammo and Bait.

I know just what he needs. If he's found guilty, I believe he should be forced to look at Allison's remains as they were when the police arrived on the scene and had to lift and transport the body to the top of the bridge and then load it into the ambulance and hand it to the coroner

He needs and deserves to see what he did to her, how he left her. I want that engraved in his memory for ever

Absolutely for real Snails. Liadan was in court beside me and will verify it as true. We were also gobsmacked. What the ... GBC has to be an idiot to try to do that. I was trying to be a fly on the wall to read the note, but couldn't see it. :jail::jail::jail:

So BreakingNews and Liadan - what are your overall impressions of the demeanors of the defence team members? I mean did they seem to be passionate in their defence and project any confidence that they were defending an innocent man? I know hearing about Fuller's tone and manner of delivering his questions has helped me get a feel for what's been going on in the court room for the past few days - I just wondered if you had any similar insights about the defence and their delivery.
Sheesh, especially after GBC's bumbling note-passing effort.

You know I feel a little sympathetic to the defence witnesses. They were doing their job the best they could for the defence in their areas of expertise. They didn't lie and so that's probably why they ended up supporting the prosecution as much if not more than the defence. I think GBC is guilty as I see no alternative and that crocodile tears incident leaves me cold but if he wasn't you'd have to feel sorry for him with no real defence and his own testimony not looking great.

Yes I merely took it as a sign of professionalism that the medical witnesses for both Prof and Def said pretty much the same thing - which is what you'd expect.

I am curious as to how many books will be published about this case when he gets the book thrown at him? The note to the jury has to be included. I wonder if the judge will ever release the contents when he hands down his sentence.

I think he should - no student passes notes in my classes after I read the first one aloud...... ;)

I had thought, last week, that he didn't seem to be cognisant of why he was in court. The same as his peculiar admission that he didn't know what a crime scene was, or what CID meant..

I think he really thinks he is there to INTERVIEW the jury for a position vacant in his next new franchise.. Baden-Clay Enterprises , Ammo and Bait.

Exactly, Trooper. I could not believe the amount of times today when he was asked a question and he turned it around and at the end said "That is correct". It was weird; very weird way to communicate. Like he had to be correct and just twisted the question to his advantage. :jail::jail::jail:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

or.. ' I will come to you unconditionally when you find me not guilty'...

I can barely type for disbelieving hooting howling laughter..

this is NUTS!!....

:floorlaugh:

I'm glad I'm not the only one bowled over

It's almost too much to take in, on top of all the other insanity he's subjected everyone to for the past weeks

Who's genius plan was it?

Defence must just want away from him asap

And imagine what it would have been like having to put up with him at Arthur Gorrie and having to pander to his nonsense

He's crazier than anyone thought

Capable of anything, imo

it simply slays me, that he, Gerard, actually thought the Baliff was some sort of waiter, a sort of gofer for him.. what thought processes must he have to imagine that the BALIFF would PASS his note to the JURY ??

this is a mind so fragmented and compartmentalised, that it isn't functioning on any level whatsoever. a lifetime of lies has bought him to now fooling himself..

I just cannot believe he passed a note to the baliff to give to the jury.
What must his poor defense team be thinking.

I laughed yesterday when he I saw in one of the tweets that GBC said to Fuller I object but this.
I cannot stop laughing.

Sorry, but am too tired to go back over posts for today, but first up in court today was judge talking about note GBC gave to ballif to give to the jury. Ballif didn't and gave it to judge. GBC had done this without his lawyers knowing. His lawyers took him aside to 'discuss' then court resumed and jury was called back in. OMG, what was on that note??? Was it his business card??? Was it an invitation to a female juror to meet up??? Or did he simply tell them all that he loved them and it was business as usual.

Seriously ?

*double take*

can he do that??!

I CANNOT believe this fool, actually passed a note to the jury. Oh Lord, I didn't think he could top the business card to the doctor.

If he gets off this, he needs his own reality TV show. Have no idea of the premise of the show but surely a network can see the ratings he would deliver.

The note to the jury, likely said, "I did not kill my wife"! Something very wrong with him if he thought he could interfere with the jury. Worse than the media trying to!

Unbelievable! BN, how did the judge react?

is it ever.. if one hangs around Supreme Courts right across Australia, a way to pass the time is to get a good close look at the shoes the Silks wear.. in this area, they go completely off the grid.. it has the effect on me that bound feet had to ancient Chinese..

and that's enough about me and my fetishes..

How about socks Trooper?

Go on; just one more, please !!

Sorry, but am too tired to go back over posts for today, but first up in court today was judge talking about note GBC gave to ballif to give to the jury. Ballif didn't and gave it to judge. GBC had done this without his lawyers knowing. His lawyers took him aside to 'discuss' then court resumed and jury was called back in. OMG, what was on that note??? Was it his business card??? Was it an invitation to a female juror to meet up??? Or did he simply tell them all that he loved them and it was business as usual.

BBM for emphasis..

how cunning is that, ey? and how absolutely transparent that Gerard is making plain to all that he runs this case, and his Barrister .. a Queens Silk is merely nowhere near as savvy as good old Gerard.. add QUEENS SILK to Gerards estimation of himself. Counsellor, salesman, electrician, ironer, stud, President of the Rotary, Vice President of the P @ C, coroner, Flash Driver, Arithmetically brilliant, murderer.. the list is endless .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member