The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought it might have been something like "you have to know i'm innocent etc" but maybe, he's come up with an idea of how TM might have done it instead. He's tried to convince his counsel to change stories, but they've told him to pull his head in, so he thinks giving that info to the jury is the next best step?

Like he's picked up on the idea that TM could be a potential suspect via a question from prosecution during the last day. He's stolen other ideas previously - the "i half-expected she might come walking in the door any minute", which he's repeated a few times, came from the cop interviewing him the first day at Brookfield

Yes. All make sense.

I had a genuine compassion attack for a moment there and felt for his seemingly innately deprived intellect, but then I remembered his testimony regarding financials. IQ deficit is not the explanation.

Seriously this 'problem' he has (mustn't laugh) must add to other voids which contribute to the narcissistic need to act opposite of what he knows he is.

jmo

I can't explain it or label it and I'm damn sure GBC can't.

Someone can. Fuller? The judge? Juror (wouldn't that be terrific!)

Imagine if the defence have known he was capable of the note passing weeks ago !!

Oh my.

something along the lines of ' I am being held hostage to my Barristers quirky idea of a defence representation, help me, help me , call the police? '??

I bitterly expect that I will lay my head down and suddenly spend the night creating the contents of that note..... once I get past the concept of a defendant at his own murder trial actually thinking a bailiff would deliver it to the jury...

What if...

GBC meant the note for the Judge and THAT's why he's peeved with the Bailiff.

Poor, poor GBC will nobody understand him

:floorlaugh:

I nearly wet myself laughing ..........

Its beyond all comprehension

Defies all logic

The guy is stark raving mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it not only defies all logic, it spits in the face of the accumulated logic of the ages.. ...

do you recall ,GMT, the phrase.. 'its not even wrong'.. ?? it applies mainly to stuffed up mathematical equations but it's a phrase that has spread out from that to all sorts of situations. .. Its when something is SO illogical, it cant even be given the luxury of being included in the category of 'right' or 'wrong'.. its so off the wall , its not even able to qualify for those labels..

Yes. All make sense.

I had a genuine compassion attack for a moment there and felt for his seemingly innately deprived intellect, but then I remembered his testimony regarding financials. IQ deficit is not the explanation.

Seriously this 'problem' he has (mustn't laugh) must add to other voids which contribute to the narcissistic need to act opposite of what he knows he is.

jmo

I can't explain it or label it and I'm damn sure GBC can't.

Someone can. Fuller? The judge? Juror (wouldn't that be terrific!)

Imagine if the defence have known he was capable of the note passing weeks ago !!

Oh my.

Like maybe he's really never thought of another story, cos suicide seemed just fine, and anyway he's so charming and everyone loves him and they couldn't possibly convict him. Then after his cross at the hands of Fuller yesterday he's suddenly "oh no - they might actually think I did it!"

So now all of a sudden he's trying to think of another way out. So that might explain the timing anyway, and hint towards the content...

it not only defies all logic, it spits in the face of the accumulated logic of the ages.. ...

do you recall ,GMT, the phrase.. 'its not even wrong'.. ?? it applies mainly to stuffed up mathematical equations but it's a phrase that has spread out from that to all sorts of situations. .. Its when something is SO illogical, it cant even be given the luxury of being included in the category of 'right' or 'wrong'.. its so off the wall , its not even able to qualify for those labels..

LOL Poor Trooper - this has ruined your night's sleep.

something along the lines of ' I am being held hostage to my Barristers quirky idea of a defence representation, help me, help me , call the police? '??

I bitterly expect that I will lay my head down and suddenly spend the night creating the contents of that note..... once I get past the concept of a defendant at his own murder trial actually thinking a bailiff would deliver it to the jury...

and no don't call the landline no. they put you on hold too long ring 000 the emergency line........ tell them you dont want to be an alarmist but I am being held against my will by my learned friend Byrne no not Judge Byrne my barrister Byrne just think of them as B1 and B2 if it gets confusing but I am being held hostage yes thats right held against my will at the arthur gorrie correctional centre also known as the "big house" by b2 he has a shank to my throat and it looks alot like my blunt razor and he is upset and extremely agitated that I went against his $3,000 a day advice to get up on the stand. Said something about us all being up **** creek without a paddle now cause of some idiot and his big fat lying mouth.

Call in the CIB (not sure what that means tho), skippy, or that guy macguyver off that show you know the one the guy that can use all the tools maybe he can use a screwdriver cause I certainly cant hurry hurry because my life is in mortal danger.

If its taking to long to get a response you can always contact a Ms McHugh on her email address tmchugh@iwillwaitforeverforyougm tell her to take the lexus and burn rubber tell her in the email repeat tell her in the email that she has to unconditionally be here by the crack of dawn before b2 does something silly and a crime scene is declared.

LOL Poor Trooper - this has ruined your night's sleep.

it is true.. .. I have been observing Gerard as if he was a specimen in a Petri dish for 2 and 1/4 years now.. . and its as if I suddenly see that what I thought was a variation of the norm is much more than that. it is a whole unknown species... a mutation of a mutation..

it is true.. .. I have been observing Gerard as if he was a specimen in a Petri dish for 2 and 1/4 years now.. . and its as if I suddenly see that what I thought was a variation of the norm is much more than that. it is a whole unknown species... a mutation of a mutation..

NURSE !!!! Something to help Trooper please.

Goodnight

I'm happy to giggle away in my sleep about "mutations of a mutation".

May justice prevail.

Night all.

Goodnight

I'm happy to giggle away in my sleep about "mutations of a mutation".

May justice prevail.

Night all.

and its goodnight from me, also.. farewell, neuro and GMT and Consider..:eek:fftobed: .

*muttering mutter mutter.. could he have asked for his yellowjacket to be collected from the drycleaners by a juror?? .:eek:fftobed:. mutter mutter.. mumble.. was he asking for a loan from a juror?? ... grumble..mumble.. did he want to sell a juror the courthouse? ... groan, grumble, mumble :eek:fftobed: .. how did the bailiff keep a straight face.. did he take the note and say, right you are ,sir, I'll see it gets to the jury.... :eek:fftobed:

funny-4am-everyone-is-asleep-perfect-time-to-run-everywhere-01.jpg

http://magagag.net/wp-content/uploa...-asleep-perfect-time-to-run-everywhere-01.jpg

Kitty, you better not! I finally got the last one to sleep!

woman_laptop_729-620x349.jpg

http://images.smh.com.au/2012/08/23/3576978/woman_laptop_729-620x349.jpg

Sorry, but am too tired to go back over posts for today, but first up in court today was judge talking about note GBC gave to ballif to give to the jury. Ballif didn't and gave it to judge. GBC had done this without his lawyers knowing. His lawyers took him aside to 'discuss' then court resumed and jury was called back in. OMG, what was on that note??? Was it his business card??? Was it an invitation to a female juror to meet up??? Or did he simply tell them all that he loved them and it was business as usual.

Will the man stop at nothing??? This is seriously disturbing. He must be trying to sabotage the trial to force a re-trial.

I wonder about the incident a few days ago when jury members were approached by someone "claiming" to be from channel 9...surely a genuine crime reporter from the mainstream media would not be so monumentally stupid... could this too have been initiated by the accused or his family/ supporters?

First thing which occurs to me is that he needed to establish before the girls that the big, weeping gouges on his face had been caused by shaving

One of the girls said he came into her room with foam on his face, saying in effect she could remember that happening only once before

His little captive witnesses - his daughters. He was setting the scene for when the police arrived. He knew he'd have to come up with something to explain his face. So when the girls began stumbling sleepily through the house, he was there, explaining he'd cut himself while shaving

And the daughters did duly report to police that he'd cut himself shaving because of the old razor

He must have cursed Allison solidly for those gouges, pacing up and down and wondering how the hell he could cover them up. He could have claimed that while out searching for Allison, he saw a flash of colour near a bush and while bending down to see what it was, a couple of jagged branches got him. But he's a dill and came up with the shaving lie. Which led to where he is now

Haven't got through all yesterday's posts yet, but this one pulled me up with a jolt. And a lump in my throat.
Thanks laserdisc
Demonstrates what sort of "man" this is.
Used his own children to enforce his "alibi" In other words he got the child to help him in his evil scheme.
Utterly the most cowardly act and utterly most cruel.
Lower than a snakes belly. Despicable!

Will the man stop at nothing??? This is seriously disturbing. He must be trying to sabotage the trial to force a re-trial.

I wonder about the incident a few days ago when jury members were approached by someone "claiming" to be from channel 9...surely a genuine crime reporter from the mainstream media would not be so monumentally stupid... could this too have been initiated by the accused or his family/ supporters?

My understanding was that GBC passed a note to his defence team - not to the jury.

My understanding was that GBC passed a note to his defence team - not to the jury.

My reading of the incident was that he passed a note to the bailiff with instructions that it be passed to the jury. Instead, the bailiff passed it to the judge, who had words with the defence team, who then had words with their client.

Could someone clarify please?

Right, yeah. Was trying to make sense of what they'd be referring to in that article - isn't all PM blood going to have elevated CO2? And isn't it just going to keep going up until the cells run out of O2 to metabolise?

Morning NM :)

You're right in one way - the CO2 level can continue to rise - but not because the cells are metabolizing O2 or other normal cellular functions.

The process of decomposition itself produces CO2 - among many other gases and chemicals, particularly from degradation of proteins. That's what I meant by the fact that blood gas levels after 11 days would be meaningless in terms of determining what the CO2 level would have been at or shortly after the time of death.

Apart from CO2, and the alcohol about which we've already heard (both butyl and ethyl alcohol), there are an amazing amount of substances produced by decomposition. Given the relatively few basic substances that we're all made of (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, etc), the process of how that all eventually gets dismantled and returned to the environment is fascinating (at least, to some of us ;) )

EDIT: Just found this - it's a good reference:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_process_of_decomposition"]Chemical process of decomposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Sorry, but am too tired to go back over posts for today, but first up in court today was judge talking about note GBC gave to ballif to give to the jury. Ballif didn't and gave it to judge. GBC had done this without his lawyers knowing. His lawyers took him aside to 'discuss' then court resumed and jury was called back in. OMG, what was on that note??? Was it his business card??? Was it an invitation to a female juror to meet up??? Or did he simply tell them all that he loved them and it was business as usual.

Holy crap! What an idiot...! Pity the jury won't even get to hear of that episode.

What on earth was GBC thinking? Surely he can't be THAT dumb? Oh, wait a minute....

That may account for the more resigned, almost defeatist, attitude of Byrne QC in the latter stages of the defence case. I got the distinct impression he was just going through the motions (only from the tweets, though). Maybe that would be grounds for an appeal - his defence team didn't defend him, through no fault of his own? (as always)

Just have to thank you all for your hilarious commentary on the topic of the note. I haven't laughed so hard for a long time!

Do the jury know he attempted to get a note to them via the bailiff?

The note was for the Judge not the jury. GBC wanted the opportunity to explain about the iPhone app "find my iPhone" better than he had already. The balliff passed the note to the judge who in turn talk to the defence team, who in turn spoke to GBC. He was not allowed to do what he had asked. But managed to bring it up through answering other questions anyway. But it did not seem to work for him.

It just astound me that someone can be that arrogant and conceited that they actually truly believe they are above everyone else, even the law.

Does this arrogance (which is not exclusive to GBC by the way, I see it in his whole family (BCs that is)) stem from the self importance that they wrap around the "BADEN" part of their name. Because of Lord Baden-Powell??? Do yourself a favour and do some research on BP, he was not the nicest person in the world. Quite astonishing some of the things you'll find on the net about this guy. And scarily reflective of Gerard, Nigel and Olivia.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member