The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Baden-Clay said he was a heavy sleeper but would wake if the children made "the slightest noise".

So he's a heavy sleeper and doesn't hear or feel his wife come to bed right next to him but would wake if his kids made the slightest noise in another room? Please.

3:47pm: Mr Baden-Clay he woke the next morning and was rushing to get ready for work. He said he would usually shower in the morning and then shave.

Funny how his whole routine changed conveniently on just that morning. Did he even think she was "missing" by the time he switched routines?

"On that occasion I was using obviously my normal razor, which was quite old and blunt, because it was blunt I was pushing down quite firmly on my skin and flicked up and that's when I cut myself," he said.

He has an old blunt razor. Old being used many many times. So if that's the case and he had to push down with it to shave funny how he only managed to hurt himself that much that morning and he didn't learn after the first scratch.

What a BS artist I hope the jury don't buy this.

A lot of people looked for physical evidence in Simon Gittany trial too.

No one witnessed him throwing his fiancée Lisa Harnum from a balcony 15 floors up yet she ended up dead on the pavement. A guy did witness someone throwing something from a balcony. Gittany claimed she jumped.

Combined with all the other evidence, Gittany was found guilty of throwing Lisa to her death.

Did they have video of him dragging her into the apartment? Or am I mixing that up with someone else?

Yes hopefully they won't need as much evidence as I was hoping for :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

Since you ask, Troops, I'd say every time he opened his mouth some sort of untruth came out. Outright denial, exaggeration, evasion, airbrushing ... everything he said seemed to have a spin on it. A confused audience might give him the benefit of the doubt - so I hope Prosecution ask some hard questions tomorrow.
MOO

Bumped this up again. Good post :loveyou:

Especially odd when he could recall everything in MINUTE detail from their meeting and honeymoon.....

agree 100%. His attention to detail about everything until he gets to the important part will be his undoing.

You mark my words. Hehe..... I knew there'd be one day I'd get to say that. :grandma:

Thank you once again to everyone for posting tweets and updates and comments, many thoughtful, some funny, and all hoping for justice. :)

Did they have video of him dragging her into the apartment? Or am I mixing that up with someone else?

Yes hopefully they won't need as much evidence as I was hoping for :)

Yes there was video of him dragging her into the apartment but there was nothing to show Gittany had thrown her over the balcony.

There was a lot of circumstantial evidence too.

Yes there was video of him dragging her into the apartment but there was nothing to show Gittany had thrown her over the balcony.

There was a lot of circumstantial evidence too.

Thank you :)

That's actually likely very accurate. Complex post-traumatic stress disorder (c-ptsd) is common among women who experience prolonged exposure to emotional trauma.

http://outofthefog.net/Disorders/CPTSD.html

Hi all. I'm still days behind you but just popped in for the latest... I so wish the marriage counselor they'd gone to had advised Allison to leave. :( I'm not a mental health expert, but there are (to me) so many red flags that Gerard was emotionally abusive.

I know full well no one can convince an abuse victim to leave a relationship - but especially in cases of emotional abuse (where mistreatment isn't overt) it can be extremely difficult for someone to see how toxic their relationship actually is.

Instead, it seems Allison was just given a bandaid to slap on a gangrenous wound.

JMO

Exactly! What bothers me is that none of the professionals picked up the 'safety risk' for Allison in this marriage crisis which has been going on since 2009. No one appeared to have seen this 'murderous contempt' evolving into something life threatening for Allison -yet she presented time and again with anxiety/depression! Some relationships become toxic, and decision making more complex, when their are dependent children involved.

Medicating may be helpful, but just medication alone locates the problem within the person. Working on the relationship difficulties also needs to happen along side the medication to effect real positive change.

We need to realize that presentation of anxiety/depression can also be a symptom of a deeper problems within relationships which may not be supportive or loving, but could be toxic and harmful. A referral to relationship counselling/support alongside the medication would be most helpful IMO.

[RA have a sliding scale of fees for people experiencing financial difficulty - so they can still access the help needed to improve their lives].

"Gerard says he was still trying to get the children ready for school. He called his parents to see if they'd heard from her."

Wouldn't it be more likely to call her parents or her best mate and see if they had heard from her?

I would say his tactic is to try and create reasonable doubt through oversupply of information. That is, if he seems unafraid to talk and share personal info then to make it seem like he has nothing to hide and is openly honest. I think it's a tactic.

I think defence will be through by Tues morning break.....prosecution up next for cross...this will be the highlight of the trial don't you think? How Gerrard conducts himself on cross will determine the outcome of the entire trial.

I wish I had your optimism!

We haven't got to the arrest yet. Or heard from his toxicologist or psychologist!

<mod snips her modsnip about modsnipping>

Exactly! What bothers me is that none of the professionals picked up the 'safety risk' for Allison in this marriage crisis which has been going on since 2009. No one appeared to have seen this 'murderous contempt' evolving into something life threatening for Allison -yet she presented time and again with anxiety/depression! Some relationships become toxic, and decision making more complex, when their are dependent children involved.

Medicating may be helpful, but just medication alone locates the problem within the person. Working on the relationship difficulties also needs to happen along side the medication to effect real positive change.

We need to realize that presentation of anxiety/depression can also be a symptom of a deeper problems within relationships which may not be supportive or loving, but could be toxic and harmful. A referral to relationship counselling/support alongside the medication would be most helpful IMO.

[RA have a sliding scale of fees for people experiencing financial difficulty - so they can still access the help needed to improve their lives].

Agreed. I'd like to see an assessment where they ask the right questions. Sometimes abuse is subtle and the person doesn't recognise it because it's not physical. "There was no abuse, I never hit her or pushed her or anything! I never laid a hand on her!" It goes undetected.

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 31s
Allison had her white and blue pyjamas on ,and blue hiking socks #badenclay

is he implying she hikes now!! '
'"14km to her was like a walk around the block!!!!"'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors