The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Wilkinson ‏@Lisa_Wilkinson
Not yet 6am & long queue already forming at Qld's Supr Court w people keen 2c accused wife killer #BadenClay in his 3rd day in witness box.

Note by me: BBM - this is still in the dark.. Sun didn't come up until 6:42am

Aislin Kriukelis ‏@AislinKriukelis
Curious onlookers started lining up outside Qld's Supreme Court at 4:20 this morning. #BadenClay is on the stand again today. @TheTodayShow

Lisa Wilkinson ‏@Lisa_Wilkinson
Not yet 6am & long queue already forming at Qld's Supr Court w people keen 2c accused wife killer #BadenClay in his 3rd day in witness box.

Note by me: BBM - this is still in the dark.. Sun didn't come up until 6:42am

Aislin Kriukelis ‏@AislinKriukelis
Curious onlookers started lining up outside Qld's Supreme Court at 4:20 this morning. #BadenClay is on the stand again today. @TheTodayShow

Hope they took plenty of hankies and a violin.

Alison's birthday today.

Let's hope GBC remembers and it throws him off his answers.

Justice for Alison.

Allisons poor little girls today....I miss my mum on her birthday terribly and Im 59....I feel so sad for her parents and siblings too.
Poor things...

I wrote a lengthy post last night about my reflections in court yesterday but it disappeared before I could post it. This morning I have little reflections.

- GBC made himself out to be an expert in zoloft. He said a symptom is weight gain. Not true of zoloft, then he said when the doctor increased Allison's dose from 50 to 100 mg, she would often break it in half and only have the full 100 mg if she was feeling stressful or during her menstrual cycle. That is not how zoloft works and Allison would have known that. It isn't like valium or panadol and is not effective on an 'as needs' basis.

- GBC had an answer for everything - all clearly rehearsed, right down to telling the court that the phone records were put together incorrectly and some were the same call

- GBC painted Allison as being a sad, reclusive and incapable woman and he the super- husband who worked hard at his business, then did nearly everything for the girls - he's still belittling Allison

- GBC insisted that there was no sex with Allison which is the only reason that he strayed. He said on several occasions that it was the 'physical intimancy' only, but in the next sentence he said how good it was to have someone wanting him

- His time lines didn't add up when talking about his youngest daughter. At the time she would have been conceived, he said there was no sex with Allison, only TM.

I wanted to yell at him "Don't be so disrespectful to Allison. She might not have been a saint, but she sure was a much nicer person than you!"

And another thing. He said it was him who went through the toys with the girls and sorted out what to give/throw away. But later when the court asked him to describe the items in a photo - the one from the containers in the boot of the car - he didn't seem so sure of what they were.

Gerry the bloke for heaven's sake cant even change a lightbulb

:floorlaugh:

How many BCs does it take to change... go!

interesting that the "lightbulb" injury is on his right hand, meaning he was supposedly using a screwdriver left-handed...

I wrote a lengthy post last night about my reflections in court yesterday but it disappeared before I could post it. This morning I have little reflections.

- GBC made himself out to be an expert in zoloft. He said a symptom is weight gain. Not true of zoloft, then he said when the doctor increased Allison's dose from 50 to 100 mg, she would often break it in half and only have the full 100 mg if she was feeling stressful or during her menstrual cycle. That is not how zoloft works and Allison would have known that. It isn't like valium or panadol and is not effective on an 'as needs' basis.

- GBC had an answer for everything - all clearly rehearsed, right down to telling the court that the phone records were put together incorrectly and some were the same call

- GBC painted Allison as being a sad, reclusive and incapable woman and he the super- husband who worked hard at his business, then did nearly everything for the girls - he's still belittling Allison

- GBC insisted that there was no sex with Allison which is the only reason that he strayed. He said on several occasions that it was the 'physical intimancy' only, but in the next sentence he said how good it was to have someone wanting him

- His time lines didn't add up when talking about his youngest daughter. At the time she would have been conceived, he said there was no sex with Allison, only TM.

I wanted to yell at him "Don't be so disrespectful to Allison. She might not have been a saint, but she sure was a much nicer person than you!"

Oh poor Breaking you sound so tired....this is something we have waited so long for and its so different from what was expected, he is getting away with being a <modsnip>...saying whatever he likes..it cant be just this and then he gets off........:tantrum:

I notice that you are a verified insider, Redlightthroughpaper. Are we to understand that you are in a position to know that GBCs family were not aware of the ongoing affair.

I can't be 100% sure what they knew Louise. I haven’t spoken to them in the past 2 years, so I haven’t asked them (and I wouldn’t have asked that even if I had spoken to them). I guess only they can know that for sure.
But I do think it highly unlikely that they would have encouraged or condoned the ongoing affair. I find it far more likely that his parents may have heard whispers of the affair and brushed it off as gossip. I highly doubt they would have broached the subject with GBC. I find it extremely unlikely that OW would have had even the slightest inkling of it.
But it is my opinion only, as it what anyone else says about it. Only the family themselves are in a position to know if they were aware of it or not. :)

Happy Birthday Allison. The good that was in you will be reflected a thousand times over in your girls. They are the living proof of a loving and beautiful daughter, mother, sister and friend.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

mary elizabeth frye - 1932

continued....

I had started to categorize the Tweets from the thread, but realize there are 103 pages of transcript to go through per category - so at this stage I only have tweet related to today - GBC talks TM and affairs.

Note: These are Tweets WSers placed today from this thread
They are in the order they were posted - not in chronological order.
I have tried to leave out repeats - some are similar - different writers.
They are the words of the msm tweeters - not official transcript.

Thanks Figtree - awesome work

Happy Birthday, Allison. Justice will hopefully bring you a present soon.

On ya Breaking, I so wanted to support Allison but I'm glad you represented us all on WS.

Did it appear most are there to support Allison or GeRed.

If he walks free we won't see him or his family as I'm sure security would have a plan in place to protect them.

The thing I'd love to experience would be the looks on the jurors faces and the feelings of others in the courtroom.

I would love to know if anyone saw any actual "tears" or if it was a lot of noises and eye rubbing.

Oh poor Breaking you sound so tired....this is something we have waited so long for and its so different from what was expected, he is getting away with being a *advertiser censored*...saying whatever he likes..it cant be just this and then he gets off........:tantrum:

Thanks Ollijack. It was so nice of you to comment on my feelings. No one ever asks how I am, so your comments made me a little weepy. :floorlaugh:

I wanted to return to court today, but I have to leave home at 6am and didn't return until 7pm, so is a big day for me. However, I did have many hours in court to sleep.:seeya:

I would love to know if anyone saw any actual "tears" or if it was a lot of noises and eye rubbing.

No real tears, but lots of sniffling and wiping his eyes and blowing his nose with his hanky and saying 'sorry' to the court.

No real tears, but lots of sniffling and wiping his eyes and blowing his nose with his hanky and saying 'sorry' to the court.

That's what I suspected. A good old fake cry. Was it obvious that it was a fake cry? Is it possible that the jury may have seen it as being legit?

I can't be 100% sure what they knew Louise. I haven’t spoken to them in the past 2 years, so I haven’t asked them (and I wouldn’t have asked that even if I had spoken to them). I guess only they can know that for sure.
But I do think it highly unlikely that they would have encouraged or condoned the ongoing affair. I find it far more likely that his parents may have heard whispers of the affair and brushed it off as gossip. I highly doubt they would have broached the subject with GBC. I find it extremely unlikely that OW would have had even the slightest inkling of it.
But it is my opinion only, as it what anyone else says about it. Only the family themselves are in a position to know if they were aware of it or not. :)

Morning RLTP :)

You don't have to answer this, obviously, but as a verified insider, I'm just curious to hear your thoughts as to how the REAL Allison correlates with the picture of her painted by Gerard and the BCs? I know several people who knew her well, a couple of them VERY well, and their anger at the picture GBC has painted of her (and also those testimonies of Nigel and Olivia) is palpable. They are furious, and adamant that this was nothing like the real Allison that they knew.

Are you in a position to give your impression without giving anything away as to how much you knew her? As I said, feel free to decline to answer that if it makes you uncomfortable in any way. I would understand that completely. I'm NOT trying to put you "on the spot" in the slightest - I'm just trying to get a handle on how much - or little - truth there has been in GBC's testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay