The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your comments from court Tangled Web!!

Yes Snowy was the Prado, Sparky the Captiva.

I may have missed it as I didn't bother reading all his nonsense but did he happen to mention the "physical relations" with TM at home??

Did he tell the world he brought his mistress home to Allison & her babies castle??

That is just one of the parts I find truly sickening.

Hmmmm. Funnily enough I believe he chose not to tell us about that ...

At this point I don't see where he will be caught out in lies. The blurry bits (the part in between where Allison is seen alive and the next morning) have apparently been explained away by sleep. Deep, snoring sleep. Everything else - the affairs, the deception, the debt - have all been squared off by a weeping, weakened GBC on the stand over the last few days. What he can't explain - and hasn't even tried to - are the blood stains in the car. The jury may well find reasonable doubt about the "shaving cuts", but that blood in the car (a new car) is hard to ignore.It's a pity the prosecution didn't go harder on it.

Agreed. Although, for me, it's easier to explain away the blood in the car than the scratches on the face. The blood in the car is suspicious, yes, but it's quite reasonably possible it happened before ABC went missing IMO. But the scratches don't make sense at all. Nobody (other than GBC I guess) seems to think it's probable (or even reasonably possible) that they were caused by shaving. Why would he lie about that? I've tried to think up scenarios like maybe he scratched his face in his sleep because of the spreading itch of the 'caterpillar bite' and didn't notice and then shaved the top off the scratch welts in his morning rush - but to do it three times? Just doesn't make sense to me. :waitasec:

The toys in the boot set the hairs high on the back of my neck in 2012.

That GBC's daughter knew they were to be 'collected' by a lady (?) someone else and had therefore seemingly been sorted long (days) before and placed under the house near the carport in readiness for collection suggests to me they were 'handy' as a cover up or alibi in their chosen 'use' by GBC in putting them in that boot. jmo

I wish I knew or could surmise why he put them in the boot. Anyone?

GBC and his attorney seem to waffle on most about what they are most defensive about:
- the toys
- depression
- the creek (OMG - the creek - that was excruciating) There has to be a reason. The camp up river ?

btw:
Snowy was a name (you would fairly think a child gave to the car) but GBC gave the Prado the name Snowy and the Captiva /the new car a name too( sparkles? clean...) In fairness I think many families name their cars (usually a female name).

Similarly, GBC referred to himself as (not) being Superman, had nicknames for himself with his mistresses and nicknames for them and had a false name to communicate by email with his mistresses - This is GBC (a grown man, with secret lives beyond his initial appearance.) jmo

Now I'm even more convinced those toys are significant. GBC talked today about bags of outgrown clothes that were gradually being collected by a friend who volunteered at the RSPCA thrift shop. Our RSPCA shop sells toys as well. I don't believe those toys were ever meant to go in the car (though he said Allison probably put them there). They too were likely awaiting collection by the same person but were put in the car by someone (I have a theory who) as a distraction.

I am not sure of much in this case now. One thing I'm sure of and I think is strange is the bail hearing was more convincing of guilt than the trial! Where are all those details?

In the past, in your weakness, it seems that you did this also to your wife - your business partners - your parents.

I get the distinct impression that GBC is a weak man!! A man who couldn't say no to what was wrong. A person who couldn't get himself out of the mess he had created. A man who is lying....lie after lie trying to convince the jury that this lie was a lie and this lie was a truth and this truth was a lie and this truth really was a truth!!! If he gets off he will have to leave the country because his good rep is ruined!!

I am not sure of much in this case now. One thing I'm sure of and I think is strange is the bail hearing was more convincing of guilt than the trial! Where are all those details?

I think there was some pretty suspicious stuff in the bail hearings that has been explained away - like the 'taking the fifth' searches and the midnight facetime call that turned out not to have happened. Maybe that's why it seemed more convincing back then?

What is needed now is some brilliant cross-examination.

In fact, it is vital. Also, a brilliant closing by the prosecution.

If GBC is guilty, I think that it is the only way he will be convicted.

I think there was some pretty suspicious stuff in the bail hearings that has been explained away - like the 'taking the fifth' searches and the midnight facetime call that turned out not to have happened. Maybe that's why it seemed more convincing back then?

The prosecution seemed to have stuffed up a few things along the way. That just seems very odd.

I believe the prosecution has shown that beyond doubt GBC's scratches were not caused by a razor - but they have not definitively tied them to ABC. Lying generally does not prove murder.

The prosecution has shown beyond doubt there is ABC's blood in ABC's car - and there is the rub, it is her car

They have shown with the plant material that ABC was most likely dead or incapacitated in the grounds of her home or very close by, but not proven who else was there outside the home at that time

In the absence of physical evidence tying GBC to any of this I would have thought there would be more concentration on motive?

I can just see Toni belting out this tune by P!NK when he's locked up for good.......

P!nk - The King is dead but the Queen is Alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUygLPPfZxo ( it's P!NK so expect some swearing ) !!

Thank you! P!nk is perfect to get through this garbage.

Both Allison and TM should have listened to more Pink - in fact everyone whose life got tangled up with GBC should've had Just Like A Pill on repeat... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0sfPcm65lg)

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m

#badenclay gets emotional as he recalls Allison's depression. "She was a blurrier version of herself". @7NewsBrisbane

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m

Gerard #badenclay is struggling to maintain composure when saying "she was just like a .. sort of a blurry image of herself." @9NewsBrisbane

At no point would he ever have conceived that it was HE that changed, HE that had the blurry vision, HE that couldn't communicate, HE that couldn't cope with not being her #1 priority once the kids turned up.

At no point would he ever have conceived that it was HE that changed, HE that had the blurry vision, HE that couldn't communicate, HE that couldn't cope with not being her #1 priority once the kids turned up.

Yes he wouldn't look at it that way.

At the same time, his descriptions of living with someone suffering from depression ring true.

I think that GBC did commit a crime which resulted in his wife's death and then diposed of her body. However I don't feel that there is any damning evidence. It is all very circumstantial. GBC is a self confessed liar and probably quite good at it. Shonky people like that can get away with anything. I'm sure he could 'get away with murder'.

I am feeling very deflated about the prospect of him being convicted so am now trying to rationalise some positive slant on him getting off. I'm sure he loved his daughters and they surely want to love him and believe that their Dad is innocent. Perhaps, for the sake of the children, Allison would be be happy to have GBC get away with this. He wouldn't be the first guilty man to roam free.

Agree with the the first part, but I'd say wait for the cross-exam ;)

As for the kids, I think Allison would wants her kids a million miles away from that <insert your favourite dozen modsnips>

So it appears today was spent trying to get three points across. 1. How awesome Bruce Overland is- we already knew all about that. As if the nation can forget Bruce receiving his knighthood from Her Majesty last year for all his work as a dedicated father and husband.
2. Denigrating Allison at every chance. 3. Claiming he never loved Toni and she is a neurotic nutjob.

If he didn't love Toni and was basically at the point of getting a restraining order out to protect himself from her advances- why was he getting portraits of them together for a present for her.

If I really thought my wife had 'gone missing' I just don't think I would send them to school if relatives were available to look after them. I would just think I couldn't handle being away from them. I really believe Bruce wanted them out of the way as he hadn't finished cleaning up the blood stains in the back. Unfortunately he stuffed up and the cops turned up too early. Can't believe he put toys in there to try and cover the blood and think that the police wouldn't check. I suppose he did think he would just have a quick chat with the plodders and they would be off on their merry way.

Seriously, he would be better off telling a few stories of deficiencies he has as this BS is just painting him to be a massive BS artiste.

Gerard says the relationship between the three partners completely broke down. Says he offered to buy them out.

Gerard says "in my view, it was a very sweet deal for them". #badenclay

#badenclay tells the court he bought his 2 real estate business partners out for a dollar each. @7NewsBrisbane

Yes Gerard, A really sweet deal for their $25K investment!! NOT:banghead:

What a $A%hole<modsnipped myself to save time for Marly>

The equation here is simple.
The prosecution has to keep GBC on the stand for the same number of days the defence has.
Three days (and counting) of vigorous cross examination should answer a lot of doubt.
This is the prosecution's case to lose. Surely they can't.

Can someone please tell me if they have ever, ever seen someone bring a child into a work meeting?
Ever?
I have serious doubts about this. My husband has taken a sick day when I was too sick to look after our child rather than take her to a meeting

Heaps of times. Mums & Dads. From breast feeders to Tweens. Sometimes you just have to!

The correlation between depression and being abused is significant, and I believe that health professionals who may be assessing individuals with symptoms of depression are now advised to ask specific questions about such.

Although I do understand it is possible to successfully hide quite severe depression from friends and family, this debilitating, chronic depression that GBC paints simply doesn't ring true. Allison had no reason to hide it from the health professionals she visited, and their accounts were quite different from what we have been hearing. I know who I would believe.

There seems to be a distasteful attribution of blame attached to the depression by GBC- she was depressed, I had to do everything, without any loving, etc. Who could blame a man for looking for intimate relations elsewhere? (And far out, who could blame Allison for being depressed, affairs, financial distress, and a husband who laughs at her and tells her she smells!)

Thank you to Marly for the diary entries, which march through my head like a slow drum, reminding me of what really was. (Yet, yet... oh, that Marly, she will stop any of getting too carried away!)

When the girls were interviewed, they indicated that the toys had been collected together some time ago- weeks or months- and had not been in the boot until that day.

Hopefully the cross examination will really give us some answers, or at least clarify what we cannot hope to have answered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed