The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sickening. Just sickening.
Bring on tomorrow.

Thank goodness that's over, I was sitting on the couch watching tv and we all know what that means....

thanks to the tweet repeaters again today. I look forward to tomorrows's closing statement.

This is beyond a joke now, no? The link they are trying to draw between Allison initially wanting a son (to carry on her husbands name?!) and her brother-in-law having a boy years later? To even suggest that this could have set off a depressive state that led to suicide.......!

JMO of course, but to me it seems more likely that the senior B-Cs would be the ones who'd be most concerned about the whole wishing for a son thing. I wonder if they ever made comments about that to Allison? Maybe even that day (the 18th) they could have tut-tutted about what a shame it was that Allison hadn't been able to have a son. Not trying to support the defence or anything - just could have been another thing to have Allison a little riled up and ready to stand up to GBC.

"No apparent reason killed his wife". Wow. Unbelievable.

I'm just stunned at depths this man has sunk to in order to save his own skin.

I honestly believe that if I were on the jury, that closing statement would have made me even MORE convinced of his guilt. He's a liar and I actually feel sick at the stuff that's been said.

What, Gerard shouldn't go to a parent/teacher meeting? "What kind of a mother does that". <MODSNIP>!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emmy Kubainski &#8207;@emmykubainski 1m
Defence have outlined a possible scenario as to how Allison Baden-Clay could have died that night. @7NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Freya, Amee, Sleuth, all the relayers.. a terrible job. thankyou for doing it.. those posts must have been awful to relay.

I'm not exactly sure if his closing is complete? That wasn't stated, just that court is adjourned. It seemed to come to a natural sort of end there though....

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 27s

She felt fragile when she saw the mistress, Toni McHugh's, car at the gym #badenclay

Of course she did. Anyone of us would too. Sweet Allison.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now
Byrne says the hair appointment clashed with a parent teacher interview. "Why would a mother do that," he says. #badenclay

WTF! This might have been the first time she did that. ANd GBC probably told her to

:furious: That's about the limit right there! Byrne actually said that??

I'm not exactly sure if his closing is complete? That wasn't stated, just that court is adjourned. It seemed to come to a natural sort of end there though....

No, not complete.

Freya, Amee, Sleuth, all the relayers.. a terrible job. thankyou for doing it.. those posts must have been awful to relay.

Haha at first I thought you were saying we DID a terrible job :p

No worries. Anytime.

A BIG thankyou to everyone who helped with the updates!! A big thankyou to everyone for being here for Allison.

2ewiqrt.jpg

well.. * claps hands together*... Gerard has just assured himself of a long and painful lifetime in prison. ..

you'll be the wallpaper , Gerard.... you'll disappear and no one will mention your name again except as the punchline of a bad joke...

Byrne's statement as to why a mother with strong maternal attachment would book a hair appointment that clashed with a parent teacher interview... then suggesting it was to make herself feel better.... is pretty poor and desperate IMO. There is absolutely no evidence that Allison was lapsing into major depression at the time....in fact there is evidence to the contrary.

Could you tell I was getting cranky and clicking furiously and my keyboard keys are only just still hanging on???

GRRR.....

well.. * claps hands together*... Gerard has just assured himself of a long and painful lifetime in prison. ..

you'll be the wallpaper , Gerard.... you'll disappear and no one will mention your name again except as the punchline of a bad joke...

I really hope so :)

I have been following from the beginning.
Just some my thoughts
maybe GCB went crazy that night because Allison paid too much get her hair done, especially since he couldn't afford a new razor. She only had $20 in account and their credit cards were maxed out.
And maybe he hid the fact the parent teacher interviews were even on, to make him look like an awesome father and Allison a bad mother. My hubby wouldn't have a clue, if I didn't tell him. He might have got the note and made the time knowing Allison would be at the hairdressers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave