The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are normally six months behind. Northern hemisphere sets the trends.

I'd forgotten that. So maybe the BC women just like purple...I attended the same workshop as Dale Spender once (the woman writer/commentator who only ever wears purple because it's the womens' lib colour). It's true. She even had purple glasses frames and briefcase - well, a discreet shade of lilac.

He didn't expect the arrival of Police so soon after his phone call, he thought he had more time up his sleeve.

I don't think he ever contemplated being the one who would make that missing persons call. I think he believed that someone else would make it for him, he would be contacted while he was being Mr Cufflinks Real Estate mogul , darting around properties and doing deals, and being as surprised and as worried as hell.

I can't find whose post it was but a few pages back, Gerard had been reported as saying he thought Allison might have gone and slept at the Brookfield Showgrounds on the night in question. This was a new one for me and I've tried to read everything here (no wonder I haven't read a novel in two years!).
No, it was reported speech about the police having spoken to GBC at the Brookfield Showgrounds about where Alison had slept.

The ambiguity was that it read as if the police had spoken to GBC about Alison having slept at the Brookfield Showgrounds.

I don't think Scraps would need to be responding to a scuffle, getting a body into a car would be enough to set many dogs off. Neighbouring dogs bark when you go to get stuff from your car at night, when they might not during the day. Because it would take longer and perhaps sound different the dog would escalate in it's barking.

Hi JCB
MOO
1. the choice of Kholo was simply familiarity with the area combined with 2. the knowledge that the body would likely be undiscovered long enough for any forensic evidence to have deteriorated beyond relevance.
Why do you think you're grasping at straws with a premeditation theory? Interested because I'm swaying on that one.

Hi Tishy, thank you for the reply :) I'm not ignoring your post but because this thread is about to go into overdrive again I might wait until we are adjourned to respond.

Seeing Allison's actual diary in court this morning really was quite unnerving. It was even more sad than seeing the reproduced pages online.

Mr Fuller said the accused made a series of phone calls to his wife straight away.

“Why is it that straight after 6.32am that he then begins a series of calls at 6.32am, 6.38am and 6.41am?” he asked.

He showed the jury a text he sent to his wife asking “where are you?” at 6.41am.

“Is that part of the role of the anguished husband? Making the calls and sending the texts? He tells you there was a text earlier than that, as well,” Mr Fuller said.

He said he called his parents at 6.44am, did not get an answer, and they spoke again at 6.46am.

Mr Fuller said the accused had then made a call to police before looking on the streets for his wife, assuming she had her phone with her.

“He tells you he didn’t want to be an alarmist. 6.55am and 6.56am talks to his sister and his father,” he said.

He said by 7.09am the accused called Kate Rankin and discovered his wife was not meeting her until 8am.

Mr Fuller said the accused made a 000 call while he was stopped at Deerhurst Street.

He then returns home and reverse parks the car back into the car port,” he said.

He said police arrived at 8am.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226982264933

I can't find whose post it was but a few pages back, Gerard had been reported as saying he thought Allison might have gone and slept at the Brookfield Showgrounds on the night in question. This was a new one for me and I've tried to read everything here (no wonder I haven't read a novel in two years!).

I have tried searching for the post but to no avail :gaah:

I remember someone else saying that they had a hunch about the Brookfield Showgrounds...is there something else about that place? Sleuthers....any thoughts?

I don't remember reading that C&M, but I remember the part about the showgrounds, might have been where GBC killed Allison.

Seeing Allison's actual diary in court this morning really was quite unnerving. It was even more sad than seeing the reproduced pages online.

Yes that would have been difficult Freya, to see Allison's writing, her last words. :(

Freya - thank you SO much for all of the personal and emotive info you are sharing with us. It is exactly the kind of stuff we're all wanting to know - you really are fabulous!!:loveyou:

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 2m

Justice John Byrne continues his summing up to the #badenclay jury, he's now speaking about Allison's mental health.

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 2m

Court resumed after lunch. Justice Byrne now talking through witness's evidence relating to Allison's mental health. @abcnews #badenclay

Yes that would have been difficult Freya, to see Allison's writing, her last words. :(

Even though it is SO sad to hear Allison's last words - and I completely agree with you PrimeSuspect - I can't get over how potent it is to have Allison's voice present via the written word. She hasn't been silenced. And her voice is really being heard.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s
She had been in his care for six years and had not done anything to self harm - Justice Byrne

(Re: Dr George)

I think he wrapped Allison in a tarp and dragged her down the hill to the car, put her in the car on the tarp and used it again to dispose of her at Kholo Creek.

I was also told by a reliable source, that Nigel would be charged with being an accessory after GBC was found guilty.

I don't think the purple is of any significance, purple and black are often teamed to together on fabric.

uh huh they sure are, very often those colours are worn together and I'm POSITIVIE that colour combination isn't of any signifciance!

Sso guess what colour top i chose to wear with my black suit today???? haha AND I have to walk past the Supreme Court building a few times today too ..... i hope no WS'ers are going to be out looking out for people in purple!!

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 4m

Judge says various witnesses gave evidence about Allison's mental health. #badenclay

udge says Dr Tom George treated Allison for years. Said her symptoms of depression cleared up early on. #badenclay

Judge says Dr George recommended a marriage counsellor to Allison. #badenclay

Judge says according to Dr George, apart from the first two consultations, Allison was not depressed. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member