The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 12m
31 face to face conversations between Allison and psychiatrist Dr George from 2003 - Justice Byrne

Her condition was resolved and remained so for the vast majority of her time in his care - Justice Byrne

Dr George thought beyond the first two consultations she was never depressed, suicide was never an issue

She was extremely attached to her children, Dr George said - Justice Byrne

She had been in his care for six years and had not done anything to self harm - Justice Byrne

A psychologist, Dr Lumsden, assessed her risk of suicide as being absolutely zero - Justice Byrne

Allison saw a GP, concerned about her marriage and finances - Justice Byrne

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 43s

A juror's chair has broken during Justice Byrne's summing up. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 7m
Justice John Byrne refers to Gerard as 'the accused' and Allison as 'the deceased' throughout summing up

Justice Byrne is going through the evidence of defence witness Dr Mark Schramm, psychologist

No evidence Allison ever had adverse effects from Zoloft - Justice Byrne

'Ms Ritchie spoke to accused alone initially. He told her he wanted to wipe the past clean'

and that's a fact.. he sure did.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s

Slight pause. One of the juror's chairs just broke. #badenclay

:gaah:

His brother was in Australia at the time, wasn't he? Or what about one of the friends?

I absolutely can't see that he had someone need to help him. Friends..no way!! I know he is not that bright but one would be pretty dumb to ring anyone for help in such a situation. He might as well have rung his friend the policeman!!!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 3m
Relationships Australia counsellor Carmel Ritchie saw Allison - Justice Byrne

Ms Ritchie was left with the impression depression was well managed - Justice Byrne

Ms Ritchie had a meeting with Gerard and Allison April 16 - Justice Byrne

A juror's chair has just broken mid summing up

oops

Quickly before court once again resumes, I have 2 questions that I would invite opinion on.

1. Why was Kholo Creek chosen when there are numerous secluded and rugged areas closer to the BC residence which are accessed along much less heavily trafficed roads? I am not a local but I do know the area fairly well, there are numerous areas within perhaps a 10 minute radius where a body may never even be found. It is odd that he took the chance to travel perhaps twice that distance, along much busier roads.

2. The prosecution alleges that Allison was dragged down an embankment, placed on a ledge and rolled off. Why is this the case when, not 20 metres away, GBC could have stopped the car momentarily on the bridge, removed Allison from the boot and thrown her into the middle of the river which at the time was within an hour either side of high tide and so would have been likely to sweep Allison's body away into the Brisbane River as the tide ebbed, possibly never to be seen again. Not only would this seem (to me) to be the most obvious and efficient method, it would have taken mere seconds whereas physically taking her down the embankment, at least partially, must have taken some minutes (not to mention greatly increasing the chance of GBC dragging some evidence of being in that location back into the car with him). The only possible reason that I can come up with, and I feel like I'm grasping at straws in the context of the evidence, is that he wanted her found which would indicate obvious premeditation and scope for perhaps a harsher penalty than the 15 year minimum which (in my opinion only) would seem likely otherwise.
1. Couldn't dump body close to home as it would be discovered before putrefaction and decomposition.
2. Couldn't dump body in river as it would be discovered before putrefaction and decomposition.
3. Didn't have time to bury.
4. A vehicle travelling along a busy road in the small hours arguably attracts less attention than a vehicle travelling along a quiet road at the same time. This also appears to be the reason the Captiva was taken rather than the Prado.
5. Area was dry on the night in question so not a lot of mud to be traipsed into the vehicle.
6. Shoes could be removed and later destroyed.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s

Judge says Gerard eventually agreed. Allison was brought back into the room. #badenclay

Judge says Allison told Gerard she was "over the moon" he had spent time with the counsellor. #badenclay

The judge is now talking about Allison's journal. #badenclay

I have been following on and off today as am at a friends house and trying to be social. Have to share that I am sitting under a tree and a caterpillar just fell on my neck. I am taking it as a sign!

Oh No Ali :floorlaugh:

Here have some stingose :nurse:

Careful not to scratch it too much you could end up with nasty marks

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 2m
Loud bang rang out through court. New chair being brought over. Proceedings paused

The juror is in a new seat, judge resumes

Gerard's role was simply to listen to his wife for 15 minutes every second day - Justice Byrne

Justice Byrne going through Allison's questions about the affair

He just couldn't wait to get the show on the road. The performance of a life time. I imagine he was up all night, and likely twiddling his thumbs for a long period of the night. If he returned when the phone was plugged back in the charge, how long would it take to clean up an altercation? Two hours at the most, that's a stretch. By 6am he would have been so jumpy and going over and over what he was going to say and do, it would have been pretty torturous I imagine. It seems like the story of his life, he can't manage his impulses well enough to not self-sabotage. I mean holy hell, even saying they did sleep in the bed together and he roused from sleep as she got up and she said she was going for a quick walk - that would have been a better plan. He'd have had an excuse to be worried by 6:30 am if he said she said she was going for a half hour walk at 5:30. All that nonsense at the start with the confusion about a night time walk, that didn't come from nowhere. But the silly rabbit can't even pretend to have a conversation with her once he knows she was dead.

I have been following on and off today as am at a friends house and trying to be social. Have to share that I am sitting under a tree and a caterpillar just fell on my neck. I am taking it as a sign!

:floorlaugh: are you a little bit hurt?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Now into Thursday April 19

Allison had a four hour training session that day, seemed very positive to the woman she met with.

I wouldn't be stopping on the bridge. What happens if a car happened by just as you were throwing the body over. That would draw more attention than parking off the road and doing the job in stealth.

Exactly. Too great a risk of being seen to do it that way.

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m

Justice Byrne now discussing details of Thursday 19th April, 2012, and the following day, when Allison was reported missing. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme