The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't stand the weight of evidence against the defendant...
Would be really interesting to be at a BBQ with that Juror (after it's all over and done with of course!!) when they tell the story. What they were thinking at the time. Was this a sign???

Has the judge mentioned the scratches and shaving yet? or have I missed it. It must be the clincher, surely!!!!

I have been following on and off today as am at a friends house and trying to be social. Have to share that I am sitting under a tree and a caterpillar just fell on my neck. I am taking it as a sign!

Did you squash the caterpillar? Now that would be a sign to take note of.

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m

Justice Byrne says #badenclay told police he'd not bought new razor blades for six months.

Emmy Kubainski ‏@emmykubainski 35s

Judge is giving the jury a summary of Gerard Baden-Clay's discussions with police the morning Allison disappeared @7NewsBrisbane #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s
Jurors are sitting back, looking at screens showing Justice Byrne's remarks as he speaks, very little note taking.

Perhaps he didn't travel back home in the Captiva, he was transported back in a 2nd vehicle and the clothes and shoes he had on were removed and dumped.

and the muddy shoes, possibly runners with no laces?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 40s
Gerard looking towards the judge as he sums up.

Here is some 'food for thought' from another long time lurker.
If I were to put myself in GBC's shoes, so to speak, and I was truly innocent(not that I believe that for a second)I would be applying all my energy to proving my innocence, which brings me to those scratches.
What better way to prove I am telling the truth about my razor being the cause than to demonstrate to the jury just how I did it.
Sure, it would hurt a little...but I would be ok! Definitely better than the alternative of 15 to 20 years in prison and being forever estranged from my beautiful daughters.
A small price to pay one would think!
Just for the record....I believe he is guilty of pre meditated murder!

If it was me in GBC's shoes and I was innocent I would be screaming everyday to police to get whoever did it! JMO

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26s

Judge says Gerard told police Allison must have come to bed because her side of the doona was folded back. #badenclay

Judge says when asked if Allison was suicidal, Gerard said no. #badenclay

Judge says Gerard went to see Dr Candice Beaven about the scratches. Told her he'd cut himself shaving. #badenclay

Judge says Gerard told her it was one motion, then said it must have been a couple. He was rushed. #badenclay

Judge says Gerard then went to see Dr Renu Kumar about his injuries. Told her cuts on face from an old razor. A "rush job". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s

Slight pause. One of the juror's chairs just broke. #badenclay

:gaah:

The people in purple are now resorting to sabotaging jurors' seats??:facepalm:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s
Justice John Byrne is going through forensic investigations. No blood in house.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 8s

Judge is now discussing forensic examination of the house. #badenclay

Judge says no indication of blood in house or carport area. No indication of cleanup. #badenclay

Judge says Gerard's razor was tested for blood. None found. But says blood can be washed away by water. #badenclay

Judge says flow rivulets of blood found in back of the car. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 14s

Judge is now referring to evidence from experts who interpreted Gerard's injuries. #badenclay

3:02pm Recap: Justice Byrne told the jury it could consider the lessor charge of manslaughter.

"You may wish to consider first murder, which is the more serious [charge]," he said.

"If you find the accused guilty of murder, you do not need to consider manslaughter.

"But if you find the accused not guilty of murder, then consider the alternative of manslaughter."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-17-week-5-20140709-3bluf.html#ixzz36wdPlLBR

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Blood was found in the Captiva - Justice Byrne

Justice Byrne comes to expert evidence about Gerard's facial injuries.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

Judge says Dr Margaret Stark said marks on Gerard's face were typical of fingernail scratches. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd