The death of Princess Diana

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have always felt that way too cheko, something just isn't right. I loved her too and hope she is at peace. It broke my heart when she died.:mad:
Count me as a third person who feels the same way.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/04/07/diana.verdict/index.html

unlawful because of the driver and the paparazzi .... i sure hope they put the paparazzi behind bars. they are OUT OF CONTROL !!!!!!!

I agree, ttrachel04. I was always disappointed that the paparazzi involved in this tragedy got away without any real ocnsequences. While I agree that the driver was also at fault (whether for drunk driving, reckless driving or both), if not for the paparazzi pursuing these people and invading their privacy with such crazed indecency, the accident would have never happened. We need stringent laws to protect people from the excessive and dangerous antics that many of today's paparazzi practice. I think some bug $$$ fines and jail time will cause them to think twice before acting so recklessly.

I think there should be laws that consent forms are to be signed before your picture is allowed to be taken. Just because you are famous does not make you free property, IMO. These paps should not be allowed to make money on someone else's celebrity. I don't think any of us need to see a celeb buying a coffee or getting some sun on the beach.

Tammie in Miami

I would certainly agree with the manslaughter assessment. So are the Paparrazzi going to be held accountable?

The British verdict is mostly symbolic and not legally binding, and in any case it's the exact same verdict the French had come up with a decade ago. The event occurred in France and it was up to French justice to deal with the celebrity chasers, which they did if I recall well. The chauffeur was deemed most to blame but you can't prosecute a dead man. As for the paparazzi I don't remember what happened to them but afaik the issue is the same in France as it is here: it's a free country and glory comes with a price. Harassment suits against photographers are usually ineffective because courts hold that they are doing their job and freedom of press is held for sacred in most Western countries. Legally it's not considered the same as deranged fans stalking their favorite celebrity.

Diana, Princess of Wales, died because of the gross negligence of the driver, Henri Paul, and the paparazzi, an inquest jury has found.

From The Times

April 8, 2008

Diana, Princess of Wales, died because of the gross negligence of the driver, Henri Paul, and the paparazzi, an inquest jury has found.

It has taken more than 90 days, 270 witnesses and a bill of £10 million to slay the obsessive conspiracy theories of one man. And in the end yesterday, a jury discarded the soft option of accidental death and placed much of the blame for the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed on the shoulders of one of Mohamed Al Fayed’s own employees.
The Princess and Dodi were unlawfully killed by a combination of their drunk driver, Henri Paul, and the paparazzi who were chasing their car, the jury at their inquests decided.

Much more at link:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3700368.ece

DandD_1_313574a.jpg

(Patrick Bar/Nice Matin/AP)

Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Fayed, in St. Tropez in August 1997

From The Times

April 8, 2008

It has taken more than 90 days, 270 witnesses and a bill of £10 million to slay the obsessive conspiracy theories of one man. And in the end yesterday, a jury discarded the soft option of accidental death and placed much of the blame for the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed on the shoulders of one of Mohamed Al Fayed’s own employees.
The Princess and Dodi were unlawfully killed by a combination of their drunk driver, Henri Paul, and the paparazzi who were chasing their car, the jury at their inquests decided.

Much more at link:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3700368.ece

DandD_1_313574a.jpg

(Patrick Bar/Nice Matin/AP)

Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Fayed, in St. Tropez in August 1997

And yet . . . the conspiracy theory will not go away. this verdict will do little to quell suspicion of those convinced of dark deeds. :)

i think the Princes have had enough, now.

R.I.P. Diana.

End the myths about our mother plead Princes as Fayed considers new legal challenge

Princes William and Harry told friends last night they hoped an inquest jury's ruling on their mother's death would be an "end to it all".

The royals' statement comes as Mohamed Al Fayed vows to continue his legal fight over the deaths of Princess Diana and his son Dodi Fayed.

More: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...ayed+considers+new+legal+challenge/article.do

Diana, Princess of Wales was down to earth, charming and intelligent, but also stubborn and prone to be over-emotional, says Mr Blair.

He recalls meeting the Princess at Chequers in July 1997, the month before she died, saying he felt an uneasiness about her relationship with Dodi Fayed but could not put his finger on why. He says she did not appreciate him broaching the subject with her.

Much more at the link, VERY interesting insight:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ny-Blair-Diana-was-a-manipulator-like-me.html

Today when I heard the news that William and Kate had a new baby boy, my immediate thought was of Diana. Were she alive today, what great joy she would be experiencing as a newly minted grandmother!

My prayers go out to the newly born child and his parents as the angels in heaven smile down upon them today. I'm sure the parents of this child are just as aware of his Spencer genes as they are the "Windsor" genes. (And guess what? The Spencers have not changed their name over the years in order to avoid any "unpleasant political associations". The Royal Family was of of German descent and decided that it was politically incorrect, so they made up a new name.)

I'm sure the Brits on this board are as overjoyed as we Americans are for this young couple and their new son. And how sweet that Wills will stay over tonight in hospital with his wife and son tonight.

I have some questions for the Brits:

Why does Prince Charles, in his statement expressing his joy at the birth of this child, feel it necessary to refer to "his wife"? Is this to remind everyone, once again, that they are stuck with this woman?

I think my thoughts have been more on Diana today than anything else..... I've been teary eyed that she is not here to celebrate this joyous event. She'd be an amazing grandma. I know she is smiling down on that precious grandson from up in heaven.

Why does Prince Charles, in his statement expressing his joy at the birth of this child, feel it necessary to refer to "his wife"? Is this to remind everyone, once again, that they are stuck with this woman?

He refers to his wife because he is married to her. What do you want him to do, hide her in a closet?

I don't see what's so terrible about her anyway, William and Harry clearly have a good relationship with her just as they had with Dodi Al Fayed. Its hardly Camilla's fault that they have ended up with only one step parent that they like instead of two. Blame the drunken driver for that.

I watched when her and Charles were married, I was glued to the tv when the boys were born and then I watched the day she died and her funeral..

I think she is mighty proud of those two boys. She raised them to love their dad and respect him while still teaching them what was important.
Now this little prince comes into a family that just looks so full of love.

He refers to his wife because he is married to her. What do you want him to do, hide her in a closet?

I don't see what's so terrible about her anyway, William and Harry clearly have a good relationship with her just as they had with Dodi Al Fayed. Its hardly Camilla's fault that they have ended up with only one step parent that they like instead of two. Blame the drunken driver for that.

I agree, and Charles chose his words carefully by not referring to Camilla as "the grandmother" of the new baby. Yes, they are married, but Camilla is not William's mother nor is she the "grandmother" of the newborn royal.

She will be solely missed by all. Diana was herself, that was so unique.
I wish she was here to see her grandson.

She would have been so proud of her son and daughter today. She would have made a terrific grandmother and one of the best looking ones. I know she is watching over her new grandson tonight and will be his spiritual guide forever. I hope the whole family will protect this precious gift.

Probably the fact that Charles and Camilla were cheating from the very start of his courting and subsequent marriage to Diana.

Whilst Charles has shown more compassion and love in recent years, for those who know the history of their relationship, there will never be true forgiveness for either of them. What they did to Diana - ugh! Although he made the choice to cheat, Camilla was right there at his beck and call. Even the night before Charles and Diana's wedding!

So that is what is so terrible about her....

I've also thought about Diana today. I admired her....I watched her wedding. Followed her raising her sons, applauded her volunteer work, read books written about her. Prayed for her during her divorce and grieved when she died.

I just know she can see he grandson from heaven.

Diana is sooo proud of Wills and Katherine...she did *very* right by those boys, and they show it.

Diana will help with the baby just like she did with Wills - even if she's not 'physically' there, she's completely there in spirit and will guide the new parents.

Best-
Herding Cats

I love my Princess Di. I read books on her as a teen. I felt she was such a kindred spirit for some strange reason. I dont agree with that Charles did, but he was a Royal. They ALL cheated. Arrange marriages were apart of a royal family. They had mistresses and lovers. Diana wanted a real marriage and Charles was in love but couldnt marry Camilla. It was a no win situation.

I am shocked the Queen gave her blessing for William to marry Kate. The last time someone fell in love with a commoner and wanted to mary one he had to abdicate the throne. But time have changes. Thank god.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back