The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO MEDIA??? How about getting the coroner's report for WM? Or maybe that's not allowed? How about telling us if it is or is not allowed and why/why not? Geez.

Something. Anything. Other that the LE presser's which tell us next to NOTHING.

moo

I agree! There are countless avenues that MSM could be investigating but they seem to just sit around waiting for the next LE presser or the next scrap of information to be hand-fed to them by LE sources.

I would be amazed if the coroner's report is not a matter of public record. Where is it? Do we know if a autopsy was even performed?

In the recent "Spectator" article we are told that those who knew WM were "shocked" at his suicide. Who was shocked? His GF? ex-wife? business associates and employees? Who?

the police likely removed the trailer from the hanger, along with all found parts of the disassembled motorcycle for impounding, and eventual return to the insurance co. who paid out Mr. MacDougall for it's loss, or back to Mr. MacDougall himself.

If it was stolen, disassembled, and generally screwed around with as bike thieves will do.. i'd prefer the insurance co. payout..

I would prefer an insurance payout as well and couldn't understand why the theft of this Harley made headlines in the SUN. Reading today's Joe Warmington's "Scrawler" article it turns out the motorcycle was not insured. Of course this has no bearing on this case but I found it interesting that someone would not have insurance on a $35,000 motorcycle. I hope he has enough pieces to put it back together again!

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/31/dan-aykroyd-and-his-killer-movie

I would prefer an insurance payout as well and couldn't understand why the theft of this Harley made headlines in the SUN. Reading today's Joe Warmington's "Scrawler" article it turns out the motorcycle was not insured. Of course this has no bearing on this case but I found it interesting that someone would not have insurance on a $35,000 motorcycle. I hope he has enough pieces to put it back together again!

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/31/dan-aykroyd-and-his-killer-movie

he had an insurance mess up and the bike was not covered.

I wonder what the mess up was?

If I recall correctly it was an aviation buddy, long time friend, who made the statement on AVCanada board. I will try to find link for you but in meantime there's the one msm

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/21/po...ellen-millard/

apologies even though I copied it from thread -- no story now at end of link

Hmmm, so then there were none...

I've been searching the AVCanada board too, but coming up empty.

he had an insurance mess up and the bike was not covered.

I wonder what the mess up was?

Looks like the bike was customized, the Insurance company would have requested appraisals before they would insurance it for the $35,000. He may have had the basic coverage, ie. liability

And the mystery of EG is finally solved! "according to SG, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, EG, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. G, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009."
Source: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

And the mystery of EG is finally solved! "according to SG, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, EG, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. G, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009."
Source: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

wow.....wow...I'm speechless after reading that article

Here's a very interesting article about "parricide"- homicide where a child kills a parent or loved one. http://www.theforensicexaminer.com/archive/fall08/6/ It's full of great information.

Disclaimer: Great article (thank you!) but way too long for me to read in entirety online. I freely admit skimming over details about particular cases.

Although we don't know for certain the circumstances of Wayne Millard's death, the cited article had one particularly interesting section to me: "Prevention & Protection: Options for Parents & Other Family Members." In the author's view, there are ways of protecting oneself from psychopathic children (after admitting that there is a problem of course!), and we know that at least two of the four ways listed were not met:

1) "important documents or items, such as any financially related documents, wallets, and purses, must not under any circumstances be accessible to the child" - We have photographic evidence that the father's credit cards were easily accessible.

2) "computer access codes must remain within the province of the parents..." - From today's article in the National Post, "according to SG, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time,EG, Wayne didn’t use computers or email."

3) "parents should make sure that the child does not have a key to their home..." - We know that Dell lived at home.

4) "communication between the family and adult child should be handled with care, especially if such communications could be interpreted by the adult child as somehow threatening." - unknown

It will be interesting if additional information about communications between parents and child do become known. As ever, MOO.

Have pet peeve over sentences such as these in today's National Post article:

"Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm."

Okay, who told the team that? Help us sleuthers, please!

Otherwise, interesting article...

MOO

"Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm."

MOO
I filled in the blanks there. Since DM immediately layed off the employees, it made sense to me that DM broke the news of WM's death to his employees and that's what they were told. IMO, there would be personal reasons to tell employees that this was the cause of death, (kind of a half truth..aneurysm is like a shot to the head without a bullet hole...is it not?) however, I would think that the senior executives should have been told WM had committed suicide. MOO

Here's a very interesting article about "parricide"- homicide where a child kills a parent or loved one. http://www.theforensicexaminer.com/archive/fall08/6/ It's full of great information.

Other useful and insightful articles describing the many serious issues faced by the children of alcoholics are available all over the web. This understanding, too, may have a significant bearing on the case, imo, because frankly, as a clearer understanding of the dynamics of this family emerges, it's becoming less and less clear who was the "parent" and who was the "child", imo. I also think it's a great shame that any of this airing of the family's dirty linen should be done publically MOO. Neither WM or CM had anything to do with the tragic death of poor TB and, so far, it has not been proven that DM had anything to do with it either. IMO. MOO

MOO

I do to. I suspect DM told the Millardair team this misinformation but it should say so in the article. Otherwise an extremely interesting well researched article. This is the kind of investigative journalism that we have been looking for. So much better than the usual "police confirmed this..police won't confirm that" type of "journalism" we have seen in this case.

The article confirms that nothing in the way of an investigation was done by Toronto Police. Even to this day they have not contacted Mr. Sharif.

Although he has never been contacted by police, Mr. Sharif said detectives talked to John Barnes, Millardair’s former director of maintenance and project risk management, for the first time last month.

An interesting observation:

Mr. Geberth also said that he found it hard to believe there was “an ongoing investigation if you allow the body to be cremated.”

Timeline leading to WM's death
November 1/12 Millardair receives Transport Canada certification for MRO
November 10/12 DM puts up eye picture on gaming site
November 15/12 AS visits hangar and has an argument with DM-has dinner with DM and DM tells him coffers are running low and DM was apprehensive about continuing with the project. AS reviews with DM, all the contracts being negotiated and projections for 2013-happy parting.
November 29/12 WM dies from a gunshot wound to the head(suicide)
DM tells executives WM has died from an aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and DM moved quickly to begin liquidating assets.
February/13 Transport Canada AMO cancelled.

Well my feeling is now it could be that WM passed out, as a heavy drinker does...heavy drinkers don't really sleep, so it is nice for them if they can drink enough to pass out for a while...

DM puts the gun in WM's hand, pulls the trigger, and that's it.

LE shows up, WM smells of alcohol, alcohol makes people do stupid things...

...and no one really takes a close look at things. Until now.

Well my feeling is now it could be that WM passed out, as a heavy drinker does...heavy drinkers don't really sleep, so it is nice for them if they can drink enough to pass out for a while...

I often wonder if the shot to the eye was the result of a struggle (DM holding the gun to WM's head and WM trying to fight back/pull it away) or if it was a "Sopranos" thing where he saw to much or something significant about seeing something/not seeing something.

I think that this is a likely scenario. What would be interesting to know is where was the body found? In what position was the body?

If for example WM was passed out on a bed from drinking - it would be easy for DM to enter the room and shoot WM in the head.

The position of the body is crucial in this investigation. When WM was shot was his body in the supine position or standing position? If standing this would make suicide more likely - if supine - this would make murder more likely.

I often wonder if the shot to the eye was the result of a struggle (DM holding the gun to WM's head and WM trying to fight back/pull it away) or if it was a "Sopranos" thing where he saw to much or something significant about seeing something/not seeing something.

Well there may have been a struggle. DM would have to get his father's stone drunk limp arm and hand into position, with the elbow going the right way, and that may have been a struggle to line up. Maybe DM couldn't get the arm/hand/gun lined up centered, he may have said left eye's good enough.

I think that this is a likely scenario. What would be interesting to know is where was the body found? In what position was the body?

If for example WM was passed out on a bed from drinking - it would be easy for DM to enter the room and shoot WM in the head.

The position of the body is crucial in this investigation. When WM was shot was his body in the supine position or standing position? If standing this would make suicide more likely - if supine - this would make murder more likely.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that a body found in the prone position would also support the murder theory. Most people sleep in the prone position - i.e. stomach down with their head lying on its side with one eye up and one eye down. Under this scenario it is easy to understand why the shot was to the eye since it would be in the center of the intended target - the head.

I am really curious to know if the body was found in the prone position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr