The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drug rings and vehicle theft rings go hand in hand at a certain level of crime.

On suicide.....there are particular theorems concerning male vs female, angles of bullet path, left/right hand, final rest of body in relation to bullet path.

The biggest fault in investigating a "suicide" is a predisposition to that very idea rather than letting the evidence determine it.

If the evidence shows suicide, it is solid and clear all the way from LE thru ME's office. I understand WM's is still unresolved, if so, the evidence is questionable and then of course, why was WM cremated in the first place ?

If WM's suicide is not questionable and the evidence of suicide is there, then why reopen the investigation?

I think they cops have to have a reason to interview people to get funding for an investigation. Plus this is in Toronto's jurisdiction, not Hamiltion LE. it then becomes a separate trial if DM is found to have played a part.

OT in regards to insurance: My mother died in a auto crash, to get her insurance an autopsy was a required part of the procedure. Wonder if WM had insurance, not 100% sure but I believe suicide is covered if it is a long standing policy. Explains why it took 15 days to release the body.
No insurer will give me life insurance as I am known to have depression. If they don't know it makes me think they have to pay if your policy is over two year in force/paid up. Two years is something I am fuzzy on as I did work as a clerk in a big insurance company but not in the life insurance branch, but think that was considered the "must" payout law/term.

I was checking twitter and there is a former motor bike thief (a reddit link) that talks about how he did it and those involved. If you want the link I will get it an a few others I found that show a pic of DM and his mother (very attractive lady).

DM had to be right handed in order for the first Ram seller to have clearly read a wrist tattoo in the passenger seat. We so few WM photo's it is hard to determine his dominate use per left or right.

I live in K-W, and read that Waterloo Region helped to fund the hanger. Which just to me says WM and his business team were able to present a good business plan.
Sorry my past post was double my PC sometimes doesn't let me open up right away so I have two open internet searches.

This is starting to feel like the Adam Lanza case with his mother's attempt to protect him from acting out. Sad all around.

Excellent information - thanks for the link - Am sitting her feeling delighted with the National Post article posted today - all the time I was thinking about the License for Millardair and just important and financially lucrative it would have been to keep it in place and sell the whole operation as a turnkey...(akin to selling a new restaurant with liquor license). Clearly DM was a desperado....
Wow..your post really hit a chord with me. Yes you are so correct. That hangar with the AMO Certificate and all the equipment to service 737's, the reinforcements and improvements the Airport had made to the apron, along with the Transport Canada approved Maintenance Engineer and other personel in place would have made the operation worth a tremendous amount of money. It may have taken a while to get someone else in there to run it, but in the article from the Record it said the rent there was only $19,000 a year, which would be a huge bonus. Perhaps WM at 70, was making a great effort to prevent DM from getting his hands on the 6 or 7 million dollars worth of assets WM had? By investing the money in the Hangar, he could have been feeling certain that DM wouldn't burn thru it and his only son would actually grow up and have a real job! I think you're right...DM was a desperado.. MOO

Wow..your post really hit a chord with me. Yes you are so correct. That hangar with the AMO Certificate and all the equipment to service 737's, the reinforcements and improvements the Airport had made to the apron, along with the Transport Canada approved Maintenance Engineer and other personel in place would have made the operation worth a tremendous amount of money. It may have taken a while to get someone else in there to run it, but in the article from the Record it said the rent there was only $19,000 a year, which would be a huge bonus. Perhaps WM at 70, was making a great effort to prevent DM from getting his hands on the 6 or 7 million dollars worth of assets WM had? By investing the money in the Hangar, he could have been feeling certain that DM wouldn't burn thru it and his only son would actually grow up and have a real job! I think you're right...DM was a desperado.. MOO

DM killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

Excellent finding and not surprised about the attitude of DM. For those that kept thinking DM had some work ethic, here it is, no work ethic.

Apparently DM did not have a red mohawk in 2012 so why would it be bothering AS? WM was 71 and it sounds like DM was questioning why his father was expected to be pouring money into something that as yet had no contracts. Sounds like a pretty good line of questioning to me. He sounds like he was protecting his father from something ...or someone !

why would WM write an obit for a GF would the brother not be next of kin?

Exactly. Maybe the author of the NP article could do a little more investigative work and interview the brother. How did his sister die and where was she buried? I have not been able to find her obituary. Did she die in Canada???

moo

ETA - Kudos to Ann Brocklehurst for finally shedding some light! Please keep going!

Apparently DM did not have a red mohawk in 2012 so why would it be bothering AS? WM was 71 and it sounds like DM was questioning why his father was expected to be pouring money into something that as yet had no contracts. Sounds like a pretty good line of questioning to me. He sounds like he was protecting his father from something ...or someone !

See this is what I mean. You appear to be suggesting -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- that WM needed protecting from AS. Where is that much vaunted concern for innocence when it comes to AS?

Exactly. Maybe the author of the NP article could do a little more investigative work and interview the brother. How did his sister die and where was she buried? I have not been able to find her obituary. Did she die in Canada???

moo

ETA - Kudos to Ann Brocklehurst for finally shedding some light! Please keep going!

Not sure I can link it here, but the obit I read stated that she worked up until her cancer operation in 2006. Not sure if she died from cancer. The obit is quite vague and speaks mostly of EG and her family from many years back.

How do we know WM wrote the obit? I see no signs of that.

Not sure I can link it here, but the obit I read stated that she worked up until her cancer operation in 2006. Not sure if she died from cancer. The obit is quite vague and speaks mostly of EG and her family from many years back.

How do we know WM wrote the obit? I see no signs of that.

We don't know who wrote it. In fact, I think that DM did as it sounds similar to the obituary that he wrote for his father.

Here's the obit for those who might not have seen it:

http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oid=503761

And here's the obituary that DM wrote for his father:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=161695472#fbLoggedOut

ETA - The "supposed" obituary for EMG was written about two years after her death. If anyone else has managed to find an official obituary written by her own family, please post it here!

DM had to be right handed in order for the first Ram seller to have clearly read a wrist tattoo in the passenger seat. We so few WM photo's it is hard to determine his dominate use per left or right.

I don't know about that. I'm right-handed but when driving I'm more left-hand dominant. I wonder if other right-hand dominant people are the same way when driving?

We don't know who wrote it. In fact, I think that DM did as it sounds similar to the obituary that he wrote for his father.

Here's the obit for those who might not have seen it:

http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oid=503761

And here's the obituary that DM wrote for his father:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=161695472#fbLoggedOut

ETA - The "supposed" obituary for EMG was written about two years after her death. If anyone else has managed to find an official obituary written by her own family, please post it here!

Same obit, minus the mention of the foundation/photo/phone#

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/th...lizabeth-mary-glass&pid=151480289#fbLoggedOut

I picked up on the mohawk comment too. It seems to me that DM, like others, including GT, didn't believe that the business plan was a sensible, good investment. A very large operation at a small airport. Where were the contracts going to come from? AS sold the idea to WM, who was never interested in the family business ("or business at all for that matter"), but wanted a secure future for his son. DM was left in charge and was seeing a losing proposition. They were already over budget, no contracts were being signed. There comes a time when you have to cut your losses. Of course, AS didn't like him and wanted limited contact with him. DM was a threat to his job. His job was selling the idea - to WM, then to the airport authorities, to the Waterloo regional council, and to companies who might sign a contract. Being a good salesman doesn't necessarily mean the product you're selling is a good one. Apparently, he failed to sell the idea to DM.

It has been proven over and over that WM had a long pilot working history and was well liked in the airline professional world. Just as in divorces there are always people who think they are in the "know". Questioning parenting of a 27 yr old is ridiculous. Even if DM is guilty he is an adult. DM was the one not showing up to work until noon hour and would not move his toys out of the hangar.

Sorry ReignBRF but I think I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to "parent" and "child" in the figurative sense. Anyone who has shared their home with a parent who is an alcoholic probably knows exactly what I mean, imo. Also, I understand that a number of the classic cars and planes etc , if not most of them, were actually Carl's and Wayne's possessions. Somewhere on line there's a link to the old Toronto hangar being rented out for photo shoots using those vehicles as props and other references to the men's collections. I'll try to find the links. Perhaps you knew WM and therefore know better than I where his several years shooting wildlife documentaries fit in.

The red mohawk comment is not a direct quote, and is only indirectly attributed to AS by the inclusion of "other executives".

As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble.

AS's objections to DM are spelled out much more clearly in the paragraph which follows:

“I thought he was just a spoilt little brat who had his way all his life and didn’t appreciate what his father was doing for him,” said Mr. Sharif. “He was an impediment to the hangar operation” who didn’t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon, and refused to clear his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes from the business premises.

Sounds to me like DM was more concerned with immediate gratification than an investment with long term potential. JMO, but I don't get the feeling DM was protecting "his father's" money:

He emphasized to Dellen, as he had to Wayne, that the real value of the business lay in its coveted Transport Canada operational certification, the high-quality team it had assembled, and the potential customers who, Mr. Sharif says, were lining up. To dismantle the business before things really got underway and plans came to fruition could mean getting back just 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Yet that’s exactly what Dellen, Wayne’s sole heir, did when his father died suddenly. Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and Dellen
moved quickly to begin liquidating assets.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Funny November is also the month his good friend came back home from months away. Looks like the two had a lot of fun in that hangar. It was their playground. I wonder how much influence he had over DM?

Funny November is also the month his good friend came back home from months away. Looks like the two had a lot of fun in that hangar. It was their playground. I wonder how much influence he had over DM?

I don't remember reading this. What are the friend's initials?

??
who?

We're assuming that he owned a hand gun, but I don't remember seeing confirmation of this. However, there was a rifle of some sort shown in the photo with the bowlful of credit cards. I can't find that picture anymore. It would be tricky to shoot oneself in the eye with a rifle.

Earlier reports talked about a "shotgun".

"Toronto homicide detectives are also looking into two other cases with connections to Millard. The shotgun death of his father, Wayne Millard, last December was considered a suicide at the time. Now it is being investigated as a possible murder."
http://m.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/

Earlier reports talked about a "shotgun".

"Toronto homicide detectives are also looking into two other cases with connections to Millard. The shotgun death of his father, Wayne Millard, last December was considered a suicide at the time. Now it is being investigated as a possible murder."
http://m.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/

geeee.....you'd have to have really really long arms to shoot yourself in the eye with a rifle??:scared:
and the police are just re-examining the case now? not exactly confidence inspiring

Sorry ReignBRF but I think I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to "parent" and "child" in the figurative sense. Anyone who has shared their home with a parent who is an alcoholic probably knows exactly what I mean, imo. Also, I understand that a number of the classic cars and planes etc , if not most of them, were actually Carl's and Wayne's possessions. Somewhere on line there's a link to the old Toronto hangar being rented out for photo shoots using those vehicles as props and other references to the men's collections. I'll try to find the links. Perhaps you knew WM and therefore know better than I where his several years shooting wildlife documentaries fit in.

The National Post article referred to Sea doos and specifically referred to DMs stuff to get out of the hangar in order to show the facility.

You need to stop referring to WM in a parenting sense to a 27 yr old. DM owned his own property and should be functioning as an adult. Definitely the filming was done in the 80s and how far into the future it went, I do not know. WM and MB were both passionate about animals and wildlife and their quality of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member