The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A.S. mentions the red Mohawk in the news article. From what I can see, DM was sporting this hairdo as early as April 2011 (in the Nova pic) and as late as August 2011 in the skydiving pic.
I wonder when AS started working to find contracts for MillardAir and if this hairdo was sported during his first meeting with DM and MillardAir.
IMO this would not give a good impression for the company.

I'm a US citizen but a Transport Canada licensed pilot. I can tell you what I think about a freak with a mohawk near my plane.
Thanks for the back up Archangel7..I'm Canadian and a Transport Canada licensed pilot as well :) and I echo your sentiments. (sorry Blom-but maturity level counts when they're working on a plane) Just thought I'd post this informative video for my fellow sleuthers. The facility isn't in North America, but this will give you a real good idea of what WM was building and the complexities of it. It'll also give you an understanding of what the inside of a facility like WM's would look like in full operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X6Rim4wnOpQ#!

Was it needed in Waterloo? IMO, WM knew that if he put a first class facility there and it would be used. The airport is big enough to land the planes, the airport beefed up his ramp, apron and taxiway. He'd be very competitive because the rent was so cheap.

Also I can't imagine DM being in charge and wanting renters but refusing to move his personal toys out of the hanger would leave a good impression to potential renters. I wouldn't want to store my aircraft in a hanger that some dude is using like his own personal man cave.

I'm a US citizen but a Transport Canada licensed pilot. I can tell you what I think about a freak with a mohawk near my plane.

Where does it say DM was near anyones plane other than his own planes with a mohawk?

What do you think about freaks that dress in suits and ties and hide the fact that they are pedophiles and rapists?

I think it needs to be stressed again that it appears the mohawk/fauxhawk was a momentary occurrence. Personally I never judge a book by its cover...even a cover that can be removed...but JMO/MOO

Staff could have been told aneurysm to preserve only good memories of his father; doesnt want people to visualize out of respect - this is not unusual. Now that's been shot to hell with this leak from LE. I think this leak was planted to motivate people to speak up.

Or to create a diversion.

I too believe that a shotgun to the eye is not going to just take out your eye..so I believe this information leaked by media is wrong...there would be much more than just your eye gone.

Having realized from the beginning that the "shot in the eye" story was patently absurd, I've wondered where it was first reported and why. I suspect it was first picked up from FB or twitter and may well have been introduced by someone who already knew about that game page blood eye photo. The purpose? I dunno. Weird idea of "just funnin'" perhaps or maybe something to purposefully inflame the public's imagination still further in this case. IMO.

Yes I do realize many biased opinions, prejudices and discriminations are out there and probably as you say not least in aviation. However, DM had a mohawk for a specific purpose (BAJA) as far as I can tell. Therefore I fail to see how this momentary hairdo is cause for concern. I doubt he sported it at the boardroom table, the length of the mohawk would have suggested it was barely able to keep in place for more than a month without looking like porcupine roadkill. We have no pics of the mohawk being short or excessively long so IMO it was either a fauxhawk or lasted just a few weeks.

From what I can gather we have no concrete proof that CM was a ruthless employer...in fact some posts on AVCanada say he was a remarkable man. So who are we to judge his character based on so little proof IMO. We also have no proof that DM showed up for work at noon. My father is a businessman and he shows up whenever he feels he needs to. He certainly has no need to show up at the crack of dawn like his employees. If and its an IF ..AS was envious of DM's obvious birthright/inherent fortune thats one thing but if AS is using envy as a way to create a negative appearance of DM then that IMO is very childish....but of course this is JMO as I do not know AS any more than I know DM.... but from a sleuthing perspective I see the words of AS as shedding more light on who AS really is than who DM really is JMO/IMO/MOO

Also we have no proof that DM was disrespectful to anyone....au contraire, we have people saying he was humble and softly spoken....I guess its all down to perspective JMO.MOO
Just to clarify-a low hour pilots life is very tough and it's an understanding in the industry. The pilot wants the multi engine hours-the operator has the planes and there's always someone willing to make the sacrifice and work for cheap. They either do that or become a flight instructor. IMO, Colgan Air/Buffalo wasn't an anomaly. CM may have been a very nice man, and gave pilots lots of opportunity, but he was no different than anyone else-JMHO
Now on to DM..Blom, point me in the right direction here. The only people I've heard to give a personality review of DM prior to AS was DM's lawyer and a friend of his girlfriends. Is there someone else that's gone on record that knew DM on a business level?

Also I can't imagine DM being in charge and wanting renters but refusing to move his personal toys out of the hanger would leave a good impression to potential renters. I wouldn't want to store my aircraft in a hanger that some dude is using like his own personal man cave.

Exactly. There are also huge security ramifications with that.

MsSherlock.....Also to add that with the certainty that the Loonie will fall from parity makes WM's dream even more profitable as in more US airline repair(cheaper to do in Canada than the US with the dollar spread)

Thanks for the back up Archangel7..I'm Canadian and a Transport Canada licensed pilot as well :) and I echo your sentiments. (sorry Blom-but maturity level counts when they're working on a plane) Just thought I'd post this informative video for my fellow sleuthers. The facility isn't in North America, but this will give you a real good idea of what WM was building and the complexities of it. It'll also give you an understanding of what the inside of a facility like WM's would look like in full operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X6Rim4wnOpQ#!

Was it needed in Waterloo? IMO, WM knew that if he put a first class facility there and it would be used. The airport is big enough to land the planes, the airport beefed up his ramp, apron and taxiway. He'd be very competitive because the rent was so cheap.

But this is about a temporary mohawk. The son was 27 not 47.

Even your post suggests to me that other factors/people/organizations were involved or wishing to be involved. I appreciate the 'appearance' of 'maturity' being a factor...but I still fail to see how this is becoming such a large issue based on some media report from a Mr Sharif which as yet is unfounded.

Just to clarify-a low hour pilots life is very tough and it's an understanding in the industry. The pilot wants the multi engine hours-the operator has the planes and there's always someone willing to make the sacrifice and work for cheap. They either do that or become a flight instructor. IMO, Colgan Air/Buffalo wasn't an anomaly. CM may have been a very nice man, and gave pilots lots of opportunity, but he was no different than anyone else-JMHO
Now on to DM..Blom, point me in the right direction here. The only people I've heard to give a personality review of DM prior to AS was DM's lawyer and a friend of his girlfriends. Is there someone else that's gone on record that knew DM on a business level?

The real estate agent and some of Dm's friends also I think Sherlo...

MsSherlock.....Also to add that with the certainty that the Loonie will fall from parity makes WM's dream even more profitable as in more US airline repair(cheaper to do in Canada than the US with the dollar spread)

Unless there are contracts where someone can use the hangar, then the hangar is DM's to do with as he chooses. I have yet to see a man cave but I do see him using his own property, which forgive me for assuming , is his right.

If the guy refuses to get all of his toys out how are they going to have renters? I wouldn't be storing my plane in a hanger I haven't seen. They are not storing a bicycle after all. DM was asking why no renters. if you see some of the pics from his driving buddies Facebook they have had concerts and parties there as well. Hence the personal man cave

Sorry, but yanno, Donald Trump has a funny hairdo, too, but his employees and clients seem to get over it quickly. Does the guy whose money underwrites the company really need to adhere to the same dress code as a mechanic? Would he even be negotiating deals with clients? Basically, is it anybody's business what the boss or his family is doing so long as the paycheck arrives on time?

By the way, haven't we earlier learned that many/several of the vehicles and planes in the hangar were from CM and WM's personal collections? (I believe some of the same ones are visible in photos of the old hangar in Toronto and were sometimes even used as props in photo shoots there.)

Anyway, I appreciate the insider knowledge of all the pilots posting here, but my own experience with the trade stems from 3 generations of small, private aviation companies running trade up and down both coasts and across the north. Those bush pilots are hard driving crazy daredevils, some might say and I'd have to say that neither hairdos, personal hygiene or dress codes would be high on their lists of priorities (unless a fellow was a tyro, of course.) I believe this approach is more in sync with what we know about the genesis of MillardAir. It was many years ago that they were actually operating an airline and in the even further wayback times when WM was a commercial airline pilot, wasn't he fired because he refused to cut his hair? However, you may be right, who am I to say? Had the company been a bit more rigorous about the Millard family hair styles and dress codes in the machine shop they could have averted bankruptcy in the first case and avoided being lined up for take-off straight into another one. Who can tell. MOO. You see? Different experiences = different opinions. Not much to do with the case imo but it keeps life interesting, doesn't it? IMO.

Where does it say DM was near anyones plane other than his own planes with a mohawk?

What do you think about freaks that dress in suits and ties and hide the fact that they are pedophiles and rapists?

I think it needs to be stressed again that it appears the mohawk/fauxhawk was a momentary occurrence. Personally I never judge a book by its cover...even a cover that can be removed...but JMO/MOO

I would not do aviation business knowingly with a freak wearing a mohawk nor would I submit the safety and security of a plane I piloted to anyone with such, especially if he was CEO or Maintenance Director, etc., etc.

<modsnip>
I do agree that freaks in disguise are harder for some to discern and that brings us back to TB's case.

Unless there are contracts where someone can use the hangar, then the hangar is DM's to do with as he chooses. I have yet to see a man cave but I do see him using his own property, which forgive me for assuming , is his right.

Well, not exactly. If illegal activity is conducted on the property, then it is reasonable to expect repercussions, one of which may be the cancellation of his lease. The details of the lease has not been released but if indeed a chop shop was operating on the leased property as has been suggested, the lease may be broken. Also, some leases have clauses as to what can or cannot be done on the leased property. Obviously, the property was not being used for the original intended purpose.

Sure, it's his right ... if he chooses to disregard the advice of professionals who are hired to promote the business. No different than a real estate agent telling you to get your house ready for showing. If you want it sold, you bust your butt to make it as appealing as possible to potential buyers.

EXACTLY! And security issues, I'm willing to place a devalued loonie upon, will form an essential plank in the defense platform. From the prosecution's perspective, if evidence of TB's murder was found at the hangar, every single individual who had access there will need to be interviewed and cleared. MOO.

Sure, it's his right ... if he chooses to disregard the advice of professionals who are hired to promote the business. No different than a real estate agent telling you to get your house ready for showing. If you want it sold, you bust your butt to make it as appealing as possible to potential buyers.

Exactly my thoughts.

Sorry, but yanno, Donald Trump has a funny hairdo, too, but his employees and clients seem to get over it quickly. Does the guy whose money underwrites the company really need to adhere to the same dress code as a mechanic? Would he even be negotiating deals with clients? Basically, is it anybody's business what the boss or his family is doing so long as the paycheck arrives on time? By the way, haven't we earlier learned that many/several of the vehicles and planes in the hangar were from CM and WM's personal collections? (I believe some of the same ones are visible in photos of the old hangar in Toronto and were sometimes even used as props in photo shoots there.) Anyway, I appreciate the insider knowledge of all the pilots posting here, but my own experience with the trade stems from 3 generations of small, private aviation companies running trade up and down both coasts and across the north. Those bush pilots are hard driving crazy daredevils, some might say and I'd have to say that neither hairdos, personal hygiene or dress codes would be high on their lists of priorities (unless a fellow was a tyro, of course.) I believe this approach is more in sync with what we know about the genesis of MillardAir. It was many years ago that they were actually operating an airline and in the even further wayback times when WM was a commercial airline pilot, wasn't he fired because he refused to cut his hair? However, you may be right, who am I to say? Had the company been a bit more rigorous about the Millard family hair styles and dress codes in the machine shop they could have averted bankruptcy in the first case and avoided being lined up for take-off straight into another one. Who can tell. MOO. You see? Different experiences = different opinions. Not much to do with the case imo but it keeps life interesting, doesn't it?

Bush pilots aren't dealing with the level of scrutiny surrounding maintenance and security.

You appear to be confusing a pilot's personal hygiene discipline with proper, usual, customary and acceptable dress code for highly critical AMOs seeking my dollars.

If you want my money you look like I want you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214