The Dogs

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very helpful - so the 'lanai door' probably leads from the pool area into the yard?

So anyone getting over a fence into the yard and attempting to break into the house by that side door that was fake-jimmied, would have been met by the dogs.

Or even, someone coming in by the garage car door, and then opening the side door to fake-jimmy it, would have been met by the dogs.

The dog door was functioning, but the detective closed it off to keep them outside.
Yes, assuming the dogs were in the garage. Doggie doors have a plastic "door" for when you don't want the dogs to go outside or have any other critters come in.
Kate mentioned a lanai door being propped open. However, I haven't seen that reference. Maybe she can clarify.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

From the doc clip "Further inside the residence we found a set of double doors just off of the entrance that was locked."

If the floor plan of the builder's current model is the same as theirs, I'd guess the double doors off the kitchen to the LR/Dining room were the locked double doors. It's just across from the main entry foyer if they meant that entrance, too. Then again, there may not be doors there.

Either door on the lanai could have been propped open, IMO. I'm thinking the screen door to the grass and not the sliders to the house.
The double doors are probably the main doors that lead from the lanai into the main house.
They're probably french doors that either open out or in to the lanai. Otherwise, they would have said sliding glass doors. Both are the norm here.

The double doors are probably the main doors that lead from the lanai into the main house.
They're probably french doors that either open out or in to the lanai. Otherwise, they would have said sliding glass doors. Both are the norm here.

But the double doors were flimsy & the top latch was able to be undone when pushed on, so it sounds to me like double bi-fold doors separating two interior areas. Then the propped screen lanai door was so they could get all the way out to the grass. What other kind of doors can you unlatch simply by pushing on them?

Some of my relatives in FLorida have their doggie door in their sliding doors like this: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...awH-fkADVPyMykFkq0YbWagWk-ZabL0twJq-JQFbyEZLJ

But the double doors were flimsy & the top latch was able to be undone when pushed on, so it sounds to me like double bi-fold doors separating two interior areas. Then the propped screen lanai door was so they could get all the way out to the grass. What other kind of doors can you unlatch simply by pushing on them?

Some of my relatives in FLorida have their doggie door in their sliding doors like this: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...awH-fkADVPyMykFkq0YbWagWk-ZabL0twJq-JQFbyEZLJ

Could the double doors be behind the breakfast nook or off the family room leading out to the lanai? Cant tell if those are windows.

5bb357631362eaa40236bce5cb406bcf.jpg

Just bringing the description forward from the docs. How it's written, I was imaging the doors being in the foyer area. I found this to be confusing because the doors would have been locked requiring CWW and JR to exit from the main door vs. the garage door. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
3a579d1d7374ac36de0e6231d01318aa.jpg

Just bringing the description forward from the docs. How it's written, I was imaging the doors being in the foyer area. I found this to be confusing because the doors would have been locked requiring CWW and JR to exit from the main door vs. the garage door. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the description, it doesn't sound like the dogs were IN the room that was locked. Maybe the double doors were the doors to the den? And the officers were concerned because there was a locked room and potentially assailants in the room, which is why they pried open the doors and "cleared" the room?

Could the double doors be behind the breakfast nook or off the family room leading out to the lanai? Cant tell if those are windows.

attachment.php

This is how I'm picturing it: Red is Theresa, she is lying with her head to the left. The bowl and orange hammer near her feet.

The dark blue doors are latched farther left, once open these revealed the dog containment area.

The dog door and lanai door are just random guesses as to location. Also flagged in violet the fake-jimmied side door into the garage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 9.03.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 9.03.36 PM.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 28
  • b Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 9.03.36 PM.jpg
    b Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 9.03.36 PM.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 28
View attachment 85262

This is how I'm picturing it: Red is Theresa, she is lying with her head to the left. The bowl and orange hammer near her feet.

The dark blue doors are latched farther left, once open these revealed the dog containment area.

The dog door and lanai door are just random guesses as to location. Also flagged in violet the fake-jimmied side door into the garage.

This is a great visual reference! I love the dog.

attachment.php

I'm seeing violet on one of the lanai doors, and not on the garage. ?
That's how I'm picturing the layout, too. And the dogs were locked in the garage and ran out the garage door when the doctor friend arrived on the wellness check. The dogs then could have came back in through the open lanai door and the doggie door to be inside the house when LE arrives. IMO.

I'm seeing violet on one of the lanai doors, and not on the garage. ?

It's just the small side door that was fake-jimmied. It seems to me possible that door was left ajar after the murder, and that's how the dogs got into the garage.

The other possibility is they were locked in the garage to keep them from waking up the neighbourhood, since they'd bark to try to get TS's attention inside. Poor dogs.

Attachments

• Dog Lucy search warrant.png
    Dog Lucy search warrant.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 303
Did anyone else notice paw prints? I also saw smeared blood that looks like her beloved dog (or dogs) may have laid next to their master. :frown:
We know for sure dog hair was found on and near her body. Those poor dogs. Where were they during this awful attack? I know when I come home my dog is so excited and the first to greet me. Surely they met her at the door? < I know she made it to the bedroom because her luggage was in there. I'm thinking that IF her dogs did not greet her at the door, she would have known something was wrong as soon as she entered her laundry room? If NOT, I don't think putting her luggage in her room would have been the 1st thing she did.
BS said they were always at the door and Nana would jump on her. She even asked in her interview about the dogs, saying "Nana would have surely jumped on them for food as soon as they walked in"??

Any other dog people here who will chime in ?
TIA

Did anyone else notice paw prints? I also saw smeared blood that looks like her beloved dog (or dogs) may have laid next to their master. :frown:
We know for sure dog hair was found on and near her body. Those poor dogs. Where were they during this awful attack? I know when I come home my dog is so excited and the first to greet me. Surely they met her at the door? < I know she made it to the bedroom because her luggage was in there. I'm thinking that IF her dogs did not greet her at the door, she would have known something was wrong as soon as she entered her laundry room? If NOT, I don't think putting her luggage in her room would have been the 1st thing she did.
BS said they were always at the door and Nana would jump on her. She even asked in her interview about the dogs, saying "Nana would have surely jumped on them for food as soon as they walked in"??

Any other dog people here who will chime in ?
TIA

After entering my house first thing I would do is greet my dogs, then let them outside into the yard to go to the bathroom. Then, I would bring my bags inside and if my cat hadn't appeared by then I'd go looking for it. The dogs IMO were outside during the attack.

IMO.JMO

After entering my house first thing I would do is greet my dogs, then let them outside into the yard to go to the bathroom. Then, I would bring my bags inside and if my cat hadn't appeared by then I'd go looking for it. The dogs IMO were outside during the attack.

IMO.JMO

Don't the Siever's have a dog door? I just wonder what impact that would have on the scenario above?

IMO.JMO

I agree that the dogs must've been outside during the attack. Otherwise, IMO, they would've ripped those creeps' throats out.

Don't the Siever's have a dog door? I just wonder what impact that would have on the scenario above?

Dog doors have a plastic plate you can slide in them to close them off- that would have been simple enough- even for those idiots.

IMO.JMO

If the dogs &#8220;were outside during the attack&#8221;, the killers must have then let the dogs back into the house and/or garage, or the dogs had access to a doggie door:
When MP entered the garage Monday morning, he said the &#8220;dogs were in the house. One ran out when the garage door opened up. . .&#8221;
MP also said the door leading from the garage into the house &#8220;was opened.&#8221;
Bates 5285 &#8211; Batch 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B717FUtKwdU8bjduM3RsYzNCak0/view?pref=2&pli=1

Dog doors have a plastic plate you can slide in them to close them off- that would have been simple enough- even for those idiots.

I wonder if CWW and JR locked the dogs outside before she returned? Was TS surprised the dogs didn't greet her at the door?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back