The Dogs

I may be completely off base here. But to me, it looks like it is in the bathroom, see photo below. I may be wrong, but it looks like this is the dog door by the white door, with a plastic cover over it. I think this comes from the guest bathroom, and opens up to an area that is not photographed on the lanai. I am attaching a photo of the lanai, with an arrow drawn where I think the door is located. I want to be clear I do not think it is the doors shown on the photo, but another door that is on the side wall that connects to the screen enclosure. It is not shown in the lanai photo, and I cant find an exterior photo of it, so I think it may not have been photographed, or released yet. I am also attaching the floor plan, with a little red dot on the door that I think I am referencing. Someone else shared the floor plan earlier, so this is assuming the floor plan is correct. All MOO, of course.

View attachment 87571View attachment 87572View attachment 87573View attachment 87574

Do you mean the white rectangular thing to the right of the door in the first pic? That looks like light coming through a window and hitting that wall to me. Or maybe I'm missing something. The pic you posted with the red dot on the floor plan... In the pic of the lanai, you have an arrow pointing to the "right side" of the house if you are looking at it from the pool. And that's where you are saying you think the unphotographed as far as we know door is. But if you look at the floor plan, wouldn't the door be to the left of the living room if you are looking from the pool?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm seriously wondering if I'm having a blonde moment, ha!! Happens a lot.

I think the doggie door is in the bathroom also.
We have an entrance from our pool to a bathroom.... the only other way to get out to the pool is the three door sliders we have. I think they could shut the dogs off from the rest of the house this way.

What I cant believe is that they let the dogs free access to outside.
Guess they are well behaved dogs.
My dogs would be outside barking all night long!
I'm sure the cops would be at my door

It is a sliding door panel available in different colors an finishes at the local home improvement store:

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.thepetdoorstore.com/measuring/sliding-glass-measure.htm

-Nin (wuff..)

Attachments

• doggy door1.jpg
    doggy door1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 237
  • slicing_graph02.gif
    slicing_graph02.gif
    19 KB · Views: 231
Another view:

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• doggy door2.png
    doggy door2.png
    796.9 KB · Views: 378
What I cant believe is that they let the dogs free access to outside.
Guess they are well behaved dogs.
My dogs would be outside barking all night long!
I'm sure the cops would be at my door

The dogs were barking and running around the house according to MP when he came to the house to check on her on the request from MS. Poor animals, how traumatic. My lab would be freaking out.

You are so freaking awesome! That's gotta be it! I thought that plastic thing at the bottom of the bathroom door was it, but I can see inside on your doggy door. You go, NIN!

One would think it would be easier to break in thru a doggy door that to stage a break in on a solid, dead bolted side garage door. And less of a chance of witnesses breaking in the doggy door---backyard location, high fenced yard in the back.

The word numbskulls is too kind.....

The dogs were barking and running around the house according to MP when he came to the house to check on her on the request from MS. Poor animals, how traumatic. My lab would be freaking out.

I'm talking about letting them have free access to the outside yard while they are away,

One would think it would be easier to break in thru a doggy door that to stage a break in on a solid, dead bolted side garage door. And less of a chance of witnesses breaking in the doggy door---backyard location, high fenced yard in the back.

That opening is small for a dog don't u think?

Where is the water in the pool??

It is a sliding door panel available in different colors an finishes at the local home improvement store:

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.thepetdoorstore.com/measuring/sliding-glass-measure.htm

-Nin (wuff..)
This is the type of doggie door that my condo has.

It's thin enough that I don't think that it's a viable option for an adult to shimmy through. Dogs are agile enough that I could see the size being sufficient for a range of breeds.

I don't use mine and there are various locking mechanisms that come with it. Very neat gadget.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Where is the water in the pool??

It's there. ( if you are referring to 410 post )

See post number 403. Also if you look at the end of the hose to bottom left in post 410 you can see where the hose enters the water.

Another view:

attachment.php

-Nin
This appears to be the same doggie door I have. And I also leave my porch door propped open so the dogs can go the the fenced yard. (And I also give my dogs carrots as treats just like BS. They love them! Sigh...) And interesting not about the doggie door is that your slider can no longer be locked as it was prior. There has to be special modification to move the lock part to the side of the doggie door frame. I don't remember the specifics, I just remembered it was more than I could do on my own. I wonder if they modified theirs or it was simply never secured?

This is the type of doggie door that my condo has.

It's thin enough that I don't think that it's a viable option for an adult to shimmy through. Dogs are agile enough that I could see the size being sufficient for a range of breeds.

I don't use mine and there are various locking mechanisms that come with it. Very neat gadget.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
I ordered mine in an lg size. My 90 lb girl fits through it with extra room on both sides. IIRC the company even went to a size xl

See pet doors.com and look up Patio Pacific Endura doors to see measurements and installation/ locking instructions (sorry, don't know how to link from phone). Now that I know this may be the door they have I feel they easily walked in through the slider with the alarm off

And if they did not alter the slider lock when adding the doggie door then the door can be slid right open and they could walk right in. Uuughhhh! So easy...... Mine can not be locked due to the dog door. If someone breaking in can make it by my aggressive rescue dog they can pretty much do whatever they want. Neither of TS's dogs seem aggressive so I don't think they would dispute someone entering their home.

Another view:

attachment.php

-Nin

LOL ~ I started reading from the last post up where someone had quoted Nin with this pic...this was the 1st one I saw that was pointing to the doggy door. On first glance my thought was either those dogs are magnificent "jumpers," or Nin has had one glass of wine too many tonight if she thinks the doggy doors are up there :giggle:

That opening is small for a dog don't u think?

Lol! Eileen, you may have a point about the size of the doggie door so was it used for the cat or maybe used for when the dogs were puppies.

Either way, it is a potential break in continuity for security.

If you have a doggy door, you have a break in the continuity of the framework of an engineered stable & secure patio door. Usually doggie doors like this type in the pics NIN so brilliantly added are made of aluminum and hardly burglar-proof; especially in contrast with a solid wood door with a deadbolt.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aab1964
Back