The Duct Tape Match #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No fingerprints found on the duct tape. That's the bottom line.
It's not a "bottom line"

It's a disappointment.

But we are showing here the first step in a statistical indication and there are still yo come tests on chemical makeup and pysical features.

I would think that if KC fingerprints were found on the duct tape the death penalty would be back on the table.

I would think that if KC fingerprints were found on the duct tape the death penalty would be back on the table.
It would be a conclusive piece of evidence, but with all the evidence we do have we already know that KC put the tape there? Nice to have a bit of "hard evidence" but does not change the overall picture, the nature or aggravating circumstances of the crime?

They said no latent fingerprints at all--at least on the piece(s) they checked. Has anyone gone back to see if all the pieces were accounted for in the fingerprint report? It's possible that other pieces were checked for prints but are also going through other forensic examination so no reports have been released on those pieces yet.
At least one piece of Henkel tape found in close proximity to the remains was not included in the report we have seen. It was sent to the FBI after that test was made.

We do not know anything from the FBI about this piece of tape.

Are there any more reports of Duct tape with "Henkel" logo on the actual tape?

(Or reports supporting no logo)

Either reports of rolls found around the home, or seen in shops?

Are there any more reports of Duct tape with "Henkel" logo on the actual tape?

(Or reports supporting no logo)

Either reports of rolls found around the home, or seen in shops?
Should we make a separate report for each individual roll we find with no logo or can we group 'em together a little bit?

I live in northern New York, so I don't know if this has any bearing on this subject...I was in WalMart today and checked every single type of Duct tape there. Not one had any writing on the outside of the tape. I did get lots of strange looks, though.

I live in northern New York, so I don't know if this has any bearing on this subject...I was in WalMart today and checked every single type of Duct tape there. Not one had any writing on the outside of the tape. I did get lots of strange looks, though.
Thank you.

Of course Florida and Orlando is the critical area, but I think it is usefull to get an idea of how common this "logo" tape is in US in general.

A sleuth's gotta do what a sleuth's gotta do! Pay no attention to the strange looks.

No fingerprints found on the duct tape. That's the bottom line.

"The requested latent print examinations were conducted, but no latent prints were detected"

I could be way off base, but here goes anyway.

I always thought a "latent" print was a print of unknown origin.
And once it's been matched, it ceases to be latent. (?)

"The requested latent print examinations were conducted, but no latent prints were detected"

I could be way off base, but here goes anyway.

I always thought a "latent" print was a print of unknown origin.
And once it's been matched, it ceases to be latent. (?)
My understanding is that "latent" (literally invisible) when used in fingerprint forensics, usually refers to prints not visible to the naked eye, as opposed to prints made by dirty fingers (ink, grease, flour etc) or prints that are actually a visible impression like in wax or blood or grease etc on the object being touched.

My reading of the documents leaves the door open for further tests on the duct tape, including fingerprint work, that has not been described or reported on (to us) yet.

:) HP ~ I'm going to say that leaving it OPEN is GOOD !!!!

Maybe that is LE ( FBI's) way of letting JB & KC ~ W A I T ! ! !

Soooooooooooo

I say " GOODIE ! GOODIE ~ for POSSIBLE Good News ~ Later !"

( when they are ready to reveal ~ after all KC waited 31 days !)
( And she would have waited more...... if she had NOT been caught!)

God Bless !
jjgram
STILL ~ Seeking ~ JUSTICE ~ for Little Angel CAYLEE !

Murdered at the young age of 2 years old in JUNE 2008 !

My understanding is that "latent" (literally invisible) when used in fingerprint forensics, usually refers to prints not visible to the naked eye, as opposed to prints made by dirty fingers (ink, grease, flour etc) or prints that are actually a visible impression like in wax or blood or grease etc on the object being touched.

You're probably right. That makes sense to me. Thx.

My reading of the documents leaves the door open for further tests on the duct tape, including fingerprint work, that has not been described or reported on (to us) yet.

I certainly hope that if any prints were destroyed by decomp fluids or obscured by Caylee's hair imprint on the adhesive, perhaps the DNA Unit can find some skin cells belonging to the perp. Even better I'd think.

BTW, I LOL'd when I realized that the "no stickers or sticker fragments" proclamation came to us from the FBI's Questioned Documents Unit. pffft.

They said no latent fingerprints at all--at least on the piece(s) they checked. Has anyone gone back to see if all the pieces were accounted for in the fingerprint report? It's possible that other pieces were checked for prints but are also going through other forensic examination so no reports have been released on those pieces yet.

Does anyone remember who LP said told him KC's prints were on the tape? Or if NG ever confronted him on this once no prints were found? It's just getting annoying that he keeps saying this stuff on TV with such confidence and it never turns out to be true.

Does anyone remember who LP said told him KC's prints were on the tape? Or if NG ever confronted him on this once no prints were found? It's just getting annoying that he keeps saying this stuff on TV with such confidence and it never turns out to be true.
There are still tests being done on tape. Possibly some further fingerprint analysis. I do think LP makes stuff up, but he may also have some inside info? He's entertaining and for coming up with the description of KC living just 10mins at a time, LP deserves praise and some leaway?

LP didn't say. LP never says. LP gives his little Cheshire Cat smile, and makes sure we all understand that he knows something we don't know.

Nobody ever confronts anybody on the constant stream of misstatements, misunderstandings, distortions, fabrications, and outright lies which we are constantly subjected to by so-called "investigative journalists".

I can give you a link right now to the WFTV article which still assures us that a knife was found with Caylee's remains.

Just to make certain we're all clear on this... THERE WAS NOT A KNIFE FOUND WITH CAYLEE'S REMAINS.

...and KC's car was NOT "SATURATED" with chloroform.

...and...

Sorry. I'll stop yelling now.

Thank you.

Of course Florida and Orlando is the critical area, but I think it is usefull to get an idea of how common this "logo" tape is in US in general.

A sleuth's gotta do what a sleuth's gotta do! Pay no attention to the strange looks.

Florida here. Never seen one and use a variety at work: colored, fluorescent, neon, regular. Never seen a roll with a logo.

LP didn't say. LP never says. LP gives his little Cheshire Cat smile, and makes sure we all understand that he knows something we don't know.

Nobody ever confronts anybody on the constant stream of misstatements, misunderstandings, distortions, fabrications, and outright lies which we are constantly subjected to by so-called "investigative journalists".

I can give you a link right now to the WFTV article which still assures us that a knife was found with Caylee's remains.

Just to make certain we're all clear on this... THERE WAS NOT A KNIFE FOUND WITH CAYLEE'S REMAINS.

...and KC's car was NOT "SATURATED" with chloroform.

...and...

Sorry. I'll stop yelling now.
Yeah, but LP is NOT an investigative or any type of journalist. He's an entertainer.

I do strongly agree with your point about the likes of NG and other "journalists"!

So, I get there was roughly only one knife found (In the pontiac), but surely NG said there were shoes packed away in sealed bags in KC's car! Are you telling me THAT's not true?
View attachment 2801

Yeah, but LP is NOT an investigative or any type of journalist. He's an entertainer.

I do strongly agree with your point about the likes of NG and other "journalists"!

So, I get there was roughly only one knife found (In the pontiac), but surely NG said there were shoes packed away in sealed bags in KC's car! Are you telling me THAT's not true?
Paper bags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member