The Duct Tape Match #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I confess to skimming, and hoped to brazen it out. I had not heard of the butter knife involvement. Sorry for the oversight. Would this be mysterious number 5 of the set?

I crouch at the feet of the master, ear cocked.

BTW, we used ACE hardware generic duct tape. That may account for the results.
No I think we are still looking at one, maybe two knives, but a whole new bombshell on just what that knife may have been used for. I wonder about the pain involved in such a mutilation, and wonder if this does not somehow tie in with a recognised anaesthetic - Chloroform?

What I am wondering about; is where is this roll of tape? If none was taken from the A;s house, where is it? She dumped it somewhere, not with the body, so maybe she used it some where other than the home when doing this part of the dead. I think anyone who was involved with her, would recognize it now as a "red flag" and turn it in. Still waiting on Henkel to reply.

OT sort of- I watched some sort of "forensic files" type tv show the other day. A woman was found dead inside her bedroom closet. Resting atop an ankle, was a big flake of skin. It matched hubby. But hubby had an airtight alibi, etc. Turns out, hubby not involved. Hubby had a habit of sitting inside the closet to shave rough skin off his feet and when the wife died, her ankle picked up a stray hunk of dead "foot meat". If LE hadn't of found other eveidence to point to her true killer, Hubby could have been indited from this loose chunk of skin. Scary.

:yuck::puke:

Seven pieces of duct tape were found with the remains. Three were recovered with the skull by the ME and sent to the FBI. All are noted as having the Henkel logo in the FBI report. A fourth piece of tape with the logo was found very close to where the bag was located. This was submitted to the FBI, but we have not seen a report come back.

Three other pieces were found at the remains site, but away from where bones were recovered. They were actually found close to the wooden fence late in the search. None are noted as having the logo, and none of the reports say they were submitted to the FBI. This leads me to believe that LE considered them unrelated to the case.

So...four pieces recovered with the remains, one being wrapped around the mouth area. I hate to think about this, but was one also across the nose and the other two over the eyes?

Or hands and feet tied with duct tape? *cringe*

I really hate thinking about it.

Or hands and feet tied with duct tape? *cringe*

I really hate thinking about it.

I get the impression the pieces were pretty short. The only thing I have to substantiate this is that one of the unrelated pieces is described as "long" and the evidence photo of it does not look particularly long. For them to describe it as long implies the others are short.

I get the impression the pieces were pretty short. The only thing I have to substantiate this is that one of the unrelated pieces is described as "long" and the evidence photo of it does not look particularly long. For them to describe it as long implies the others are short.
Can't join ya here, JWG. We have different descriptions on different days concerning different items from potentially different individuals.

There's no telling what standard was used at any given time.

English or metric dimensions, preferably with a photo including a ruler, that's all we can count on.

To comment on your earlier post, I'm still holding to seven pieces of tape at the site that we know about so far.

I have no reason to support this, so I can't do anything but wait and see, but there's just something about the selection of the discovery docs released so far that has my antenna up.

Seven pieces of duct tape were found with the remains. Three were recovered with the skull by the ME and sent to the FBI. All are noted as having the Henkel logo in the FBI report. A fourth piece of tape with the logo was found very close to where the bag was located. This was submitted to the FBI, but we have not seen a report come back.

Three other pieces were found at the remains site, but away from where bones were recovered. They were actually found close to the wooden fence late in the search. None are noted as having the logo, and none of the reports say they were submitted to the FBI. This leads me to believe that LE considered them unrelated to the case.

So...four pieces recovered with the remains, one being wrapped around the mouth area. I hate to think about this, but was one also across the nose and the other two over the eyes?
From docs; at remains site:
I see three pieces of tape in docs shown at FBI #(Q62,63,64)
Also 1 piece, having the henkel logo,with no FBI number.

Then there is the "long" piece
and a description of item "two pieces duct tape"
Thats total of 7 pieces.

From search warrant, found in Anthony shed:
"reference" sample from Gas can, with Henkel logo, FBI #66
Also 2 metal brackets with duct tape.(no mention of logo)

The point being there are 4 FBI numbered samples that we have not seen the report on yet.
Also a piece with Henkel logo from remains site not even described fully.

Do LE have any Rolls of Duct Tape as evidence?
I have thought throughout that LE must have come across several Rolls of tape?

Certainly one or more in the Anthony garage and sheds.

I would imagine these were taken into evidence at time of search but I find no mention in the documents.

Also various witnesses may have had rolls of Duct Tape which KC had access to, which they may have given up volutarily

From Colleen H, Asst. Consumer Relations Manager
Henkel Cororation

Dear Bern:

After reviewing the photo of the piece of tape, it was determined that this item was our FD 30 Firguard Duct Tape. This item has been discontinued for about two (2) years. The main carrier of the tape was Lowes and we believe it was sold at Lowes through the summer of 2007. The tape may have also been sold at a few ACE Hardware stored, but the main carrier of the tape was Lowes.

Please advise if there is any other information needed.

Thank you.

Colleen H.

Henkel Cororation

Dear Bern:

After reviewing the photo of the piece of tape, it was determined that this item was our FD 30 Firguard Duct Tape. This item has been discontinued for about two (2) years. The main carrier of the tape was Lowes and we believe it was sold at Lowes through the summer of 2007. The tape may have also been sold at a few ACE Hardware stored, but the main carrier of the tape was Lowes.

Thank you.

Colleen H.
Thanks Bern.

I guess that confirms it is likely to be rare if not sold since 2007.

For a foreigner like me is "Lowes" a shop in range for GA?

To establish how rae this tape is I guess all we can do is leave the question out there as to who has such a marked roll of tape.

I repeat so far just one person.

Lowes is a huge store for home self-do-it projects, contractors and the like. There is one every so many miles down here. But I have been here 9 years and we have never see that roll before, Duck tape ya, but not that duck tape. Most people don't want writing on the thing they are taping up. The silver is bad enough. But GA would be a Lowes shopper. Remember it is fire grade, so it can be used as someone said for repairing hoses in cars, and you would use it in the attic or hidden duct work. But LE didn't find this tape at the A's house, actually I heard they didn't find duct tape period. So where did it come from? Where is it disposed at? This is a large roll of tape.

From docs; at remains site:
I see three pieces of tape in docs shown at FBI #(Q62,63,64)
Also 1 piece, having the henkel logo,with no FBI number.

Then there is the "long" piece
and a description of item "two pieces duct tape"
Thats total of 7 pieces.

From search warrant, found in Anthony shed:
"reference" sample from Gas can, with Henkel logo, FBI #66
Also 2 metal brackets with duct tape.(no mention of logo)

The point being there are 4 FBI numbered samples that we have not seen the report on yet.
Also a piece with Henkel logo from remains site not even described fully.

Do LE have any Rolls of Duct Tape as evidence?
I have thought throughout that LE must have come across several Rolls of tape?

Certainly one or more in the Anthony garage and sheds.

I would imagine these were taken into evidence at time of search but I find no mention in the documents.

Also various witnesses may have had rolls of Duct Tape which KC had access to, which they may have given up volutarily

The one piece having the Henkel logo is FBI # Q100. We have not yet seen a report from the FBI describing any analysis done. It was submitted separate from the others because it was collected by OCSO and not the ME.

Also, no rolls of duct tape were found at the Anthony home. This is stated explicitly in the doc dump.

None of the evidence sheets released thus far list a roll of duct tape.

OMG That clarifies something I wondered about: when I got fingerprinted for my CCW, the cop did my prints, no big deal. 6 weeks later, no CCW. I call to find out why not, "oh your fingerprints didn't show up, you have to do it again". The second time the cop fingerprinted me he practically yelled at me, accused me of washing my hands too much, dishes too much, (yeah RIGHT). So I've wondered what's up. I'm a clerical worker- and I type on my computer about 10-12 hours a day. So the keys wear off your fingerprints?

This is funny! Are you going to enter into a life of crime now?

Henkel Cororation

Dear Bern:

Thank you.

Colleen H.

You go Bern! :blowkiss:

The one piece having the Henkel logo is FBI # Q100. We have not yet seen a report from the FBI describing any analysis done. It was submitted separate from the others because it was collected by OCSO and not the ME.

Also, no rolls of duct tape were found at the Anthony home. This is stated explicitly in the doc dump.

None of the evidence sheets released thus far list a roll of duct tape.
Thanks that clarifies some things for me.

I missed the FBI number, but see it now.

The absence of any rolls of tape at chez Ant is strange, bordering on suspicious.

Thank heavens for the gas cans?

We await the fine folks at FBI labs

Lowes is a huge store for home self-do-it projects, contractors and the like. There is one every so many miles down here. But I have been here 9 years and we have never see that roll before, Duck tape ya, but not that duck tape. Most people don't want writing on the thing they are taping up. The silver is bad enough. But GA would be a Lowes shopper. Remember it is fire grade, so it can be used as someone said for repairing hoses in cars, and you would use it in the attic or hidden duct work. But LE didn't find this tape at the A's house, actually I heard they didn't find duct tape period. So where did it come from? Where is it disposed at? This is a large roll of tape.

Sounds like tape that someone in the industry of auto repair or carpentry, etc. would keep on hand then. Doesn't sound like normal household duct tape.
Many of KC's male friends are trade workers of one kind or another.

I live in South Florida and have been checking many stores. To date I have checked:
Home Depot (Marathon)
Ace
Publix, Winn Dixie
K-Mart
B J's
True Value
Wal Mart
I have not found any logo on the Henkel tape yet. Still searching.......

While looking for duct tape on the internet I found this. Too funny but anyone who lives in Avon, Ohio might go to this on June 19-21st. I'm sure what we're looking for would be there.

Here's something interesting. Duck Tape uses.

I'm a new member, so forgive me if this has been discussed before. I ran across this FBI research on duct tape while trying (unsuccessfully) to find Henkel brand with the logo -- http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backissu/jan2007/research/2007_01_research01.htm . I haven't read it in detail yet, but it may give some insight into what the FBI is looking at.

Also, it appears that duct tape is used a lot in the automotive industry, and GA worked in used auto sales. Any possibility this tape with the logo was sold wholesale to auto industry?

Thanks! :seeya: :Welcome-12-june: :seeya:

OMG That clarifies something I wondered about: when I got fingerprinted for my CCW, the cop did my prints, no big deal. 6 weeks later, no CCW. I call to find out why not, "oh your fingerprints didn't show up, you have to do it again". The second time the cop fingerprinted me he practically yelled at me, accused me of washing my hands too much, dishes too much, (yeah RIGHT). So I've wondered what's up. I'm a clerical worker- and I type on my computer about 10-12 hours a day. So the keys wear off your fingerprints?

I had a job where I typed a lot and I type a lot on he computer at night too. My fingerprints are fine. I noticed on my right ring finger that I have very slight lines in the finger prints. :eek:

I imagine it would be easy to identify KC's prints.

Just one huge swollen "texter's thumb"

:floorlaugh:

I am sure you would not have had the audacity to post unless you had read prior posts here?

So you will be aware of the alert we had of a possible Bombshell involving KC shaving off her fingerprints with a stainless steel butter knife?

I would imagine though that the FBI lab is wise to that old trick?

I don't believe that she has that much contemplative ability.

OT sort of- I watched some sort of "forensic files" type tv show the other day. A woman was found dead inside her bedroom closet. Resting atop an ankle, was a big flake of skin. It matched hubby. But hubby had an airtight alibi, etc. Turns out, hubby not involved. Hubby had a habit of sitting inside the closet to shave rough skin off his feet and when the wife died, her ankle picked up a stray hunk of dead "foot meat". If LE hadn't of found other eveidence to point to her true killer, Hubby could have been indited from this loose chunk of skin. Scary.

1. :puke::puke::puke::puke:

2. He's lucky he had an alibi because I wouldn't believe in a million years that that story was true.

3. :puke::puke::puke::puke:

Thanks that clarifies some things for me.

I missed the FBI number, but see it now.

The absence of any rolls of tape at chez Ant is strange, bordering on suspicious.

Thank heavens for the gas cans?

We await the fine folks at FBI labs

I find it odd, too, that no one at the A's had duct tape. But, the search was done the night Caylee's remains were found and the Anthony's had not been in the home for several days. I'm thinking KC discarded what remained of the roll somewhere.

Would be nice to know from George if he bought it or if it came from somewhere else.

Remember, they came from Ohio, and the tape is made there, so it would be more common to see in Ohio IMO. Also I think this product would be in the home a while before it would run out; unless you were doing a huge project. Some things to ponder.

DUCKTAPE.jpg

(from cached version of Lowe's website)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members