The Duct Tape Match #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Bern, great sleuthing! Seems that exact tape is pretty rare and hope the prosecution brings this up! IMO KC would have thrown out the tape after using it or the A's would have. Most people have at least one roll of duct tape in their house, I find it odd that they wouldn't..

I find it odd, too, that no one at the A's had duct tape. But, the search was done the night Caylee's remains were found and the Anthony's had not been in the home for several days. I'm thinking KC discarded what remained of the roll somewhere.

Would be nice to know from George if he bought it or if it came from somewhere else.

I think KC discarded the tape or gave it to Lee to dispose of while she was out on bail (IMO). Don't get me started on LP bailing her out. Who knows what she cleaned up during that time. Off topic, I know.

I hope they can narrow down a store in the Orlando area where the 'logo' tape was sold then check credit card records. The As seemed to live on credit.

the really bad thing is she was out on bail and home and she could have gotten some one to get rid of it and they wouldn't have know it was evidence, because, the body hadn't been found. The roll could have gone out with the trash. I hope LE was picking it up behind her, but I doubt it. That's why LP needed to stay home and let LE do their job. Sorry LP but she had time to mess with things at home....

Remember, they came from Ohio, and the tape is made there, so it would be more common to see in Ohio IMO. Also I think this product would be in the home a while before it would run out; unless you were doing a huge project. Some things to ponder.

Very smart. I bet that's it.

DUCKTAPE.jpg

(from cached version of Lowe's website)

Cool, do you know when that's from?

Wow Bern, great sleuthing! Seems that exact tape is pretty rare and hope the prosecution brings this up! IMO KC would have thrown out the tape after using it or the A's would have. Most people have at least one roll of duct tape in their house, I find it odd that they wouldn't..

You are giving KC waaaaaayyy too much intelligence to think of that. I think the A's didn't know it was used in the killing before the police took it. JMO

I think KC discarded the tape (or gave it to Lee to dispose of) while she was out on bail. IMO Don't get me started on LP bailing her out. Who knows what she cleaned up during that time. Off topic, I know.

I hope they can narrow down a store in the Orlando area where the 'logo' tape was sold then check credit card records. The As seemed to live on credit.

My money is on Lowes and a credit card. We had bad hurricanes in 2004, three of them and that may be when they got that tape, it feels like all the other tape was gone and that is what was left, because as I said, who wants a logo on the pipes or a project in the house? When the hurricane warnings come in, every thing is sold out at Lowes like, wood, flashlights, duct tapes, anything to protect your home. But that doesn't narrow it down much for LE.

I have to sign off for a while, do stupid stuff, like sew and make dinner..UGH

check back later

the really bad thing is she was out on bail and home and she could have gotten some one to get rid of it and they wouldn't have know it was evidence, because, the body hadn't been found. The roll could have gone out with the trash. I hope LE was picking it up behind her, but I doubt it. That's why LP needed to stay home and let LE do their job. Sorry LP but she had time to mess with things at home....

It's too bad that roll wasn't in the garbage the bag lady picked up.

Great sleuthing on the duct tape Bern. It would be really interesting to find out that tape was not sold in Orlando but at a place near their home town in Ohio.

I read the DNA reports that were released and from what I read they said it was composed of the identical chamical make-up and the gas cans and the source roll. That does not make it 100% from the same roll, just the same chemical makeup made from the same factory they use other means to lock that down more. Like lettering for fabrication dates cut marks one the trailing and leaving edges that match marks from other pieces and the source etc etc.

While this is good news it in itself does not make a rock solid case against her.

I read the DNA reports that were released and from what I read they said it was composed of the identical chamical make-up and the gas cans and the source roll. That does not make it 100% from the same roll, just the same chemical makeup made from the same factory they use other means to lock that down more. Like lettering for fabrication dates cut marks one the trailing and leaving edges that match marks from other pieces and the source etc etc.

While this is good news it in itself does not make a rock solid case against her.

I think this is just a tiny piece of the puzzle. The entirety of all the evidence will allow her spend eternity in prison. IMO

Corporate website says these stoes sell it:
http://www.duckproducts.com/where.asp

This was discussed in this thread back in Febuary. We've already established that the duct tape in question was relatively rare at the time. Like 2 rolls out of 100 may have the Henkel oval on the tape. Now, thanks to Bern's good work, we learn that that printing was discontinued in 2007.

Okay, this may have been thrown out before, but the day that KC and TL went to the house to get the gas cans, TL could testify to whether or not the tape was on the gas can the day KC took it from the A;s garage. If it had the tape then, it proves the tape was at some point in the A;s garage or at least that someone in the home put that tape on that gas can, prior to her taking the can to another location. If the tape was not on the cans that day, and it was when she returned the cans,(threw them at GA) it means the tape may have originated at another location. So TL may have the answer if he paid attention.

My money is on Lowes and a credit card. We had bad hurricanes in 2004, three of them and that may be when they got that tape, it feels like all the other tape was gone and that is what was left, because as I said, who wants a logo on the pipes or a project in the house? When the hurricane warnings come in, every thing is sold out at Lowes like, wood, flashlights, duct tapes, anything to protect your home. But that doesn't narrow it down much for LE.

Aesthetics is the last thing I'd worry about for my duct needs. :cow:

Aesthetics is the last thing I'd worry about for my duct needs. :cow:

Have you seen the A;s home? GA's garage was neat as can be, I think they do worry about that stuff. MOO

Okay, this may have been thrown out before, but the day that KC and TL went to the house to get the gas cans, TL could testify to whether or not the tape was on the gas can the day KC took it from the A;s garage. If it had the tape then, it proves the tape was at some point in the A;s garage or at least that someone in the home put that tape on that gas can, prior to her taking the can to another location. If the tape was not on the cans that day, and it was when she returned the cans,(threw them at GA) it means the tape may have originated at another location. So TL may have the answer if he paid attention.

OK but it still looks good for prosectution if the tape on the child's mouth matches the tape on the gas can(s) that were recovered from A's garage.

Thanks that clarifies some things for me.

I missed the FBI number, but see it now.

The absence of any rolls of tape at chez Ant is strange, bordering on suspicious.

Thank heavens for the gas cans?

We await the fine folks at FBI labs

I wonder if this rare type of logo-duct tape is in use in the service department of a particular Lexus dealership where a roll of it might have been "borrowed" and taken home by a security guard???? If such tape isn't in use there now, I wonder if it was used there during the previous employment period of said guard?

Yes the tape matching is huge, I just wanted to know point out that TL may be able to establish that the tape was on the cans before she took them out of the house. Not finding tape at the house doesn't mean it wasn't there; just it could have been removed while she was out on bail.

I wonder if this rare type of logo-duct tape is in use in the service department of a particular Lexus dealership where a roll of it might have been "borrowed" and taken home by a security guard???? If such tape isn't in use there now, I wonder if it was used there during the previous employment period of said guard?
All good questions but you'd have to ask lexus mng or perhaps a talkative employee, or go there in person for a snoop (sleuth). Perhaps LE has already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en