The Duct Tape Match #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dang if I wouldn't want to see the opposite side of that tape, the side on the can. Just lifting it a little bit I could tell whether it was new or old. And so could LE.

The duct tape I use seems to attract everything around it quickly and I would think GA would have had to wipe clean the area he was adhering the tape to on the can. Especially a 20 some year old metal can.

See, it's these little things that are gonna trap, well continue to trap the A's in their cover-up lies.

LE knows.

ITA about the duct tape and what might have stuck to it . . fibers from car, trunk, the dogs, fibers from the carpet in the house . . lots of options for connections from the Ant car & house to Caylee at the suburban site, cross contamination ,. . .

ITA about the duct tape and what might have stuck to it . . fibers from car, trunk, the dogs, fibers from the carpet in the house . . lots of options for connections from the Ant car & house to Caylee at the suburban site, with the pale alone . . .
Why was the gas can returned to the A's with the duct tape still on it? Did they test it?? For Georges fingerprints/DNA (to prove he put it on the can), and for fibers that match to the other duct tape on Caylee?
I'm confused..

I don't need any DNA! It's enought that the duct tape is henkel...very rare...and found on caylee and on the gas can and on the poster of caylee. Please! aside from a video of casey doing this, this is pretty concrete evidence.
:croc:

Agreed! The rare duct tape is what the duct tape evidence will be. Since it's so rare, as we determined in another thread, and has been found in the Anthony home, there is no other suspect other than Casey.

From what I gathered. The duct tape was used on the can to cover up the air hole so the fumes wouldn't come out. So here are a few questions:

(I remove the tape from the air hole so the gas will pour faster)

When Tony Lazzaro poured the gas into Casey's car, did he remove duct tape from the air hole? Are his prints on the duct tape?

When LE confinscated the can, did they remove duct tape and examine it? Is this the duct tape in question?

When LE returned the can, did it have duct tape on it? George said it did not.

When LE confinscated the can the second time, did it have duct tape on it? Is this the duct tape in question? George says he did not put the duct tape on the can.
When Casey poured the gas into her car, did she remove the duct tape from the air hole? Are her finger prints on the gas can duct tape?

BBM

TL did not pour the gas into KC's car, she insisted that she pour the gas herself...which has me wondering was that so she could retain some gas in the can to cover the smell/stain in the car. :waitasec: Hope this helps.

Welcome !!

The reason I am mentioning it is related to the serrated knife found in Casey's car...wondering if she used it to cut the tape.. (not George) I don't think Casey could rip Industrial tape. Wondering about adhesive left over on the knife.
Yes, there would be adhesive left on the knife. A trip through the dishwasher wouldnt remove it. Seems like the only reason for Casey to have a Knife in the car, would be to cut the duct tape.
LE has got very, very good with duct tape forensics. Duct tape will nail Casey and hopefully George!
Example:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfRSTpBe-UE"]YouTube - Forensic Scientist Woody Miller analyzes a piece of duct tape[/ame]

Yes, there would be adhesive left on the knife. A trip through the dishwasher wouldnt remove it. Seems like the only reason for Casey to have a Knife in the car, would be to cut the duct tape.
LE has got very, very good with duct tape forensics. Duct tape will nail Casey and hopefully George!
Example:
YouTube - Forensic Scientist Woody Miller analyzes a piece of duct tape
So now that we know Cindy removed the knife and tossed it in the diswasher, returned it to the drawer with the others in the set... I am wondering if LE took the whole set to test. And even if they find one with adhesive, they can't prove it was the one from the car. The A's could make up some story about remembering they used one before to cut duct tape. Obviously, it would look like another outrageous lie...but they can't disprove that lie.

Yea, You are right.
The A`s would just come up with another song and dance.
LE is going to bring the HAMMER down at the trial!
And then the A`s can dance all the way to jail (hopefully)

BBM

TL did not pour the gas into KC's car, she insisted that she pour the gas herself...which has me wondering was that so she could retain some gas in the can to cover the smell/stain in the car. :waitasec: Hope this helps.
When LE found the remains on Dec 11th, they raced back to the A home with search warrants and retrieved from the
shed A GAS CAN WITH THE SAME HENKEL LOGO ON IT. This was b4 the evidence was released of HENKEL LOGO DUCT TAPE ON THE SKULL. Pretty significant it was an OSCO supplemental report, pages 3374 thru 3391 18 pages total written on FEB 5th 2009. Quote " During a search of the southernmost outside shed, crime scene investigators located a red metal gas can with a piece of duct tape on it. On the tape within a black oval was written the word "HENKEL". This tape appeared to be of the same make and brand as the tape found on the body. This gas can was photographed and collected." End quote.

When LE found the remains on Dec 11th, they raced back to the A home with search warrants and retrieved from the
shed A GAS CAN WITH THE SAME HENKEL LOGO ON IT. This was b4 the evidence was released of HENKEL LOGO DUCT TAPE ON THE SKULL. Pretty significant it was an OSCO supplemental report, pages 3374 thru 3391 18 pages total written on FEB 5th 2009. Quote " During a search of the southernmost outside shed, crime scene investigators located a red metal gas can with a piece of duct tape on it. On the tape within a black oval was written the word "HENKEL". This tape appeared to be of the same make and brand as the tape found on the body. This gas can was photographed and collected." End quote.
This was suppose to be in response to notthatsmart's question above. For some reason when I reply to a post it always goes to the end of the thread.

Example:
YouTube - Forensic Scientist Woody Miller analyzes a piece of duct tape

And we know for a fact that the knife LE took had some sort of sticky residue that neither CA or her dishwasher was able to adequately clean. I think it is safe to assume that indeed this may have been the knife with which the duct tape was cut...

I think its the lies that are the smoke and mirror's. If it is your opinion that Ca Ga La Jb and Kc are lieing, then you base your opinion up on thier lies, WHAT IS THAT????

It is some kind of contamination of the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I base my opinion on the evidence. And that evidence is not tieing Casey to the crime scene or so called dump site.

I have read the threads and docs. I just come up with a different opinion than others. It is my opinion based on the same threads and docs that everyone else has read.

Shurtape, once a division of Henkel's is the manufacturer.

I'm not sure why that is even a question at this point. :waitasec:

This one is important to me. I am not sure why. I will try to explain. I read the Shurtape page but was not sure that they manufactured it. I saw that they distributed it and recorded national sales. I need to know where and what company actually made the tape. I wonder if Shurtape owns manufacturing companies in China.

I know that China manufactured toys for years with lead in them and our own Walmart continued to buy them and sell them.

If that tape was manufactured in China, Did they follow the specs?

I am trying to understand why the FBI said the fabric was dis similar. I am not buying this weathering theory.

Is there a doc that shows that Shurtape did indeed manufacture that tape?

It would also be nice to have Orlando sales so we dont have to guess how many rolls are in Florida.

On that Henkel statement it says that over 300,000 rolls were sold over the last 10 years. Thats a lot.

I have had duct tape in my garage for over 6 years and when I cant find it, I buy a new roll. I think there are probably thousands of these rolls in Orlando.

Just want the whole truth.

I think its the lies that are the smoke and mirror's. If it is your opinion that Ca Ga La Jb and Kc are lieing, then you base your opinion up on thier lies, WHAT IS THAT????

It is some kind of contamination of the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I base my opinion on the evidence. And that evidence is not tieing Casey to the crime scene or so called dump site.

I have read the threads and docs. I just come up with a different opinion than others. It is my opinion based on the same threads and docs that everyone else has read.

I AM basing my opinion on the A's Lies. If you lie to police, who are trying to help you find your daughter, about where you last had your daughter, who was with you and your daughter, and WHEN you last saw your daughter... and oh by the way, said daughter turns up dead, I think one can form a pretty reasonable opinion about you.

I'm really trying to figure out who is going around committing all of these crimes that police are supposedly arresting the wrong people for.

This one is important to me. I am not sure why. I will try to explain. I read the Shurtape page but was not sure that they manufactured it. I saw that they distributed it and recorded national sales. I need to know where and what company actually made the tape. I wonder if Shurtape owns manufacturing companies in China.

I know that China manufactured toys for years with lead in them and our own Walmart continued to buy them and sell them.

If that tape was manufactured in China, Did they follow the specs?

I am trying to understand why the FBI said the fabric was dis similar. I am not buying this weathering theory.

Is there a doc that shows that Shurtape did indeed manufacture that tape?

It would also be nice to have Orlando sales so we dont have to guess how many rolls are in Florida.

On that Henkel statement it says that over 300,000 rolls were sold over the last 10 years. Thats a lot.

I have had duct tape in my garage for over 6 years and when I cant find it, I buy a new roll. I think there are probably thousands of these rolls in Orlando.

Just want the whole truth.

OK...I suppose I keep trying to "research" your comments...maybe because it's your constant denial of any of the FACTS/RESULTS from the documents.
I admire your resilience in trying to have an open mind about things. But, seems like you base most of your arguements on the thin excuses from the defense and NOT what's included in the documents...OR any research by yourself.

As far as your comments about the amount of the rolls of tape produced and where sold....do you understand the laws of probability??? There are MILLIONS of people in any one of the states/cities where this tape was sold....it's pretty unlikely that this particular duct tape type is on the body...on the posters...on the gas cans. Do you understand the probability of this happening???

As far as the possibility of the production in "China", etc. (What the "specs" have to do with it isn't clear to me) A simple call to Henkel, which I just did, doesn't take much to research the FACTS - the 800 number from inside the roll of the regular Duck Tape I have - is answered in this way...WHEN the tape says "Avon, Ohio" on it...it was PRODUCED there!!!

Also...by stating that when you can't find yours, you go out and "buy another roll"....therefore, if or when the A's "ran out" or "couldn't find the roll", they'd buy whatever was available....NOT that particular type...WHY??? Because they don't manufacture it anymore. I don't know about you, but if I find a certain item I like, or specifically need...I buy a few of them. Why wouldn't the "fabric" match?? MAYBE, the roll was finished....MAYBE KC took a new roll...MAYBE the "elements" DID have a part in this....which is most probable. You DO remember that poor childs remains were most likely under water for most of that 6 month duration.....not much "adhesive" left...they noted they didn't need to use that stuff to get them apart.
AND...the part bolded by moi....just furthers the "connection"....the tape wasn't sold for many years...people DO have duct tape lying around for years.....the possibility of the tape being on ALL those items, at this point in time, is slim to none....

ALL of this is just IMO only.

OK...I suppose I keep trying to "research" your comments...maybe because it's your constant denial of any of the FACTS/RESULTS from the documents.
I admire your resilience in trying to have an open mind about things. But, seems like you base most of your arguements on the thin excuses from the defense and NOT what's included in the documents...OR any research by yourself.

As far as your comments about the amount of the rolls of tape produced and where sold....do you understand the laws of probability??? There are MILLIONS of people in any one of the states/cities where this tape was sold....it's pretty unlikely that this particular duct tape type is on the body...on the posters...on the gas cans. Do you understand the probability of this happening???

As far as the "probability" of the production in "China", etc. A simple call to Henkel, which I just did, doesn't take much to research the FACTS - the 800 number from inside the roll of the regular Duck Tape I have - is answered in this way...WHEN the tape says "Avon, Ohio" on it...it was PRODUCED there!!!

Also...by stating that when you can't find yours, you go out and "buy another roll"....therefore, if or when the A's "ran out" or "couldn't find the roll", they'd buy whatever was available....NOT that particular type...WHY??? Because they don't manufacture it anymore. I don't know about you, but if I find a certain item I like, or specifically need...I buy a few of them. Why wouldn't the "fabric" match?? MAYBE, the roll was finished....MAYBE KC took a new roll...MAYBE the "elements" DID have a part in this. You DO remember that poor childs remains were most likely under water for most of that 6 month duration.....not much "adhesive" left...they noted they didn't need to use that stuff to get them apart.
AND...the part bolded by moi....just furthers the "connection"....the tape wasn't sold for many years...people DO have duct tape lying around for years.....the possibility of the tape being on ALL those items, at this point in time, is slim to none....

ALL of this is just IMO only.

It doesn't say made in Avon Ohio. I was on the Newspaper site there and some of the employees that worked there posted that they did not make the tape in Avon Ohio.

Its my own confusion. I cant seem to get to the bottom of this. I just want to dot all my I's and cross all my T's. If it ever comes to an appeal, these things will come back to haunt.

I think it is possible that there are thousands of these rolls left in Orlando.

I am not sure at all that the dump site was under water for 6 months. That is a half truth. Hoovers video you can clearly see to the bottom of Dominics shoes. Weather reports show that there was very little rain until the hurricane.

The probability of someone else putting Henkel duct tape on the posters is good. There could be thousands of rolls in Orlando and there could have been thousands of volunteers helping with those posters. I just dont assume like some of you.

The probability of it being on the gas can is slim, yet I cant seem to get a decent picture of the gas can on August 1st. Am not sure which piece of duct tape they are comparing to. The FBI report says the fabric is dis simmiliar. Just looking for all the facts.

That being said, I still think she did it, but I'm not sure.

It doesn't say made in Avon Ohio. I was on the Newspaper site there and some of the employees that worked there posted that they did not make the tape in Avon Ohio.

Its my own confusion. I cant seem to get to the bottom of this. I just want to dot all my I's and cross all my T's. If it ever comes to an appeal, these things will come back to haunt.

I am not sure at all that the dump site was under water for 6 months. That is a half truth. Hoovers video you can clearly see to the bottom of Dominics shoes. Weather reports show that there was very little rain until the hurricane.

The probability of someone else putting Henkel duct tape on the posters is good. There could be thousands of rolls in Orlando and there could have been thousands of volunteers helping with those posters. I just dont assume like some of you.

The probability of it being on the gas can is slim, yet I cant seem to get a decent picture of the gas can on August 1st. Am not sure which piece of duct tape they are comparing to. The FBI report says the fabric is dis simmiliar. Just looking for all the facts.

BBM
Rest assured the SA's office is doing just that.You can relax.It's the defense that always seems to be struggling.They made statements that they had proof Caylee was placed there after KC was in jail,yet they can't seem to come up with it. :waitasec: Judge Strickland is being very patient with them.The man must be a saint.

PLEASE...at the LEAST...go back to the evidence pictures...the tape says...HENKEL...."spec max temp 200 F"....AVON OHIO!!!! If it says that on the tape, that's where it was produced....all 300,000 rolls of it. As I was told by a Henkel employee on the phone today when asking about the markings on the tape.
Above, posted by "JWG" are pictures....one BEFORE they took the gas can in the December search warrant...there is a piece of tape there....GA even SAID it was there.

GA said he supplied the tape for the posters....

As far as "thousands of rolls"....they stopped making it 7 years ago (IIRC)....how or WHAT is the possibility of that many still being out there?? Maybe try calling some places and ask for that specific type....I even called around where I am...they laughed that ANY type of duct tape would be on ANY shelves for that long of a period of time.

The jurors will be told "beyond a REASONABLE doubt"....not something they have to fabricate or make up their own scenarios of....IMO.

ETA : Please don't think I'm trying to insult you...or say you're wrong in your principals....I guess I'm really just having a spirited debate with you....:)

And...I'm getting off track, anyway....this isn't the "Duct Tape" thread...apologies to all

That is what a trial is for. The prosecution has not presented it's case, therefore, many questions, including many of your own, can't be answered RIGHT NOW. Some aspects of the case have been released to the media under the Sunshine Law. But the truth is, the MAJORITY of the prosecution's case is unknown.

I have total confidence that all "i's and t's" will be dotted and crossed by the time the trial starts.

What I find baffling is that you certainly seem confident in a case for the defense based on pictures that you can't quite "make out" or probability/statistics that you "don't understand". Almost every single question that you have posed has been met with a definitive "fact" by posters on this board -- not speculation.

A body left in the humid, scorching heat of Florida will deteriorate rapidly. Add rain and a major Hurricane and you are left with very little physical evidence on the body to help in determining a cause of death.

How can you speak out things that will come back to haunt the prosecution if they have NEVER presented their case yet? You just don't have the answer...yet.

For some, such as yourself, you are still not quite "certain" about KC's role in her own child's demise, with whom she was the last person seen and didn't report missing for over 31 days and then lied to LE repeatedly, partied and stole from friends during the 31 days and then when she returned home from jail NEVER, EVER once participated in searching for her child.

For others, such as myself, the mounting evidence that has been released thus far and much of KCs behavior is convincing enough for us to look at HER and HER only as her child's killer.

We look at the facts, not HALF-TRUTHS (which is such an irritating ridiculous Cindyism) do our research, offer alternate scenarios and come up with the overwhelming belief that KC killed Caylee. And that is without the prosecution even presenting it's case.

To suggest that some of us are making emotional, irrational conclusions without doing our homework defeats the entire purpose of the Websleuths website. It's just not so.

Sure there is, and it was released last Friday. :thumb:

It is in George's deposition - page 345. This is a picture taken by CSI vincent back at the evidence garage on August 1, 2008 at 11:30 AM. It was seized from the Anthony home about 50 minutes earlier. Yeah, the reproduction we are seeing is pretty lousy, but you can bet George saw a full-color glossy.

View attachment 5710

Compare that to one of the images released from the Dec 11, 2008 seizure:

View attachment 5711

It looks to me like George did not attempt to make the taping job any neater, something he complained about in the deposition. :banghead:

Too bad they did not show him the picture they took of the can while it was in the shed on the 1st of August. I guess if they had known he would complain about the sloppy taping job, they would have. That way, they could have said "Well, George, if you did not put the tape there, who do you know that handled the can that could have put the tape there and would possibly have not been as neat about it as you?" :waitasec:

ETA: In all seriousness, it has to really hurt and eat at George to know that he not only handled the tape used on Caylee to cover something like a gas can breather valve, but he also used it to hang her missing person's posters. I feel for the guy on that.
bbm
Thanks for that close up pic of the tape on the gas can. On the right end it looks like it was cut with a serrated knife.

PLEASE...at the LEAST...go back to the evidence pictures...the tape says...HENKEL...."spec max temp 200 F"....AVON OHIO!!!! If it says that on the tape, that's where it was produced....all 300,000 rolls of it. As I was told by a Henkel employee on the phone today when asking about the markings on the tape.
Above, posted by "JWG" are pictures....one BEFORE they took the gas can in the December search warrant...there is a piece of tape there....GA even SAID it was there.

GA said he supplied the tape for the posters....

As far as "thousands of rolls"....they stopped making it 7 years ago (IIRC)....how or WHAT is the possibility of that many still being out there?? Maybe try calling some places and ask for that specific type....I even called around where I am...they laughed that ANY type of duct tape would be on ANY shelves for that long of a period of time.

The jurors will be told "beyond a REASONABLE doubt"....not something they have to fabricate or make up their own scenarios of....IMO.

ETA : Please don't think I'm trying to insult you...or say you're wrong in your principals....I guess I'm really just having a spirited debate with you....:)

And...I'm getting off track, anyway....this isn't the "Duct Tape" thread...apologies to all

You called them? Thank you, only one problem. JWG says it was manufactured by Shurtape and you say it is manufactured by Henkel.

There are plenty of companies that put their main office on their product, but do not manufacture it or manufacture it in that location. Pillsbury flour, Gateway computers, Gm, Ford, and so on and so on.

Henkel and Shurtape are related companies in many ways, but they are not located in the same place.

I want to know for sure who made this tape. I love a spirited debate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back