The Duct Tape Match #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some of the cotton shirt survived, too--mainly the reinforced parts. The decomposition process would not cause all cotton in the area to disappear all at once. The process would be slower or faster depending upon the specific characteristics of the cotton fibers in question and where they were located.

We know there was originally cotton in the duct tape backing, because Henkel didn't make any duct tape with the "200 degree" logo with no cotton. Do you have an alternate explanation for how the cotton disappeared, besides decomposition?

Well I am not sure. I have read a lot of docs. I read the Henkel docs, but it appeared as though they spec the duct tape, distribute the duct tape and sell the duct tape. I am not sure they manufactured it.

I just want to make sure that some company in China didn't make the duct tape and use several different materials, even though it was speced. I understood that the company that bought the Henkel duct tape line (worked with Henkel for years) also owned companies in China.

I have no alternate theory about the cotton disapearing. I cant quote this because I dont know where I read it, but I understood that the fibers from the duct tape on the body didn't match the fibers on the duct tape frrom the can. Indicating to me that the cotton didn't disappear.

I am just trying to clear up these descrepancies in my mind.

Any duct tape left to soak in a swamp for 6 months would probably not match up 100%to the roll it originated from. I think that would be common knowledge. Anything taped outside and weathered over a period of time does not look the same as what is on the roll so it is fairly safe to assume that the duct tape is either VERY important to the case, or it is not. With all the attention it is getting, me thinks there is a VERY important connection between what is on that gas can and what was found at the remains site and only time will tell us for sure.

To me GA making a point that he did not put the tape on the can speaks volumes. Something is on that tape that is critical to the case and he is distancing himself from that tape. Maybe it has something to do with KC texting Amy that KC finally found out what that smell was and that her Dad had run over something with the car. Could KC have been planning on blaming GA at the time?

Any duct tape left to soak in a swamp for 6 months would probably not match up 100%to the roll it originated from. I think that would be common knowledge. Anything taped outside and weathered over a period of time does not look the same as what is on the roll so it is fairly safe to assume that the duct tape is either VERY important to the case, or it is not. With all the attention it is getting, me thinks there is a VERY important connection between what is on that gas can and what was found at the remains site and only time will tell us for sure.

To me GA making a point that he did not put the tape on the can speaks volumes. Something is on that tape that is critical to the case and he is distancing himself from that tape. Maybe it has something to do with KC texting Amy that KC finally found out what that smell was and that her Dad had run over something with the car. Could KC have been planning on blaming GA at the time?

From what I gathered. The duct tape was used on the can to cover up the air hole so the fumes wouldn't come out. So here are a few questions:

(I remove the tape from the air hole so the gas will pour faster)

When Tony Lazzaro poured the gas into Casey's car, did he remove duct tape from the air hole? Are his prints on the duct tape?

When LE confinscated the can, did they remove duct tape and examine it? Is this the duct tape in question?

When LE returned the can, did it have duct tape on it? George said it did not.

When LE confinscated the can the second time, did it have duct tape on it? Is this the duct tape in question? George says he did not put the duct tape on the can.
When Casey poured the gas into her car, did she remove the duct tape from the air hole? Are her finger prints on the gas can duct tape?

In George's most recent depo he says there was no duct tape on the empty gas can when he got it back from Casey. IIRC that was June 24th. He says he did not put the tape on the can ever. But in early Aug when OCSO took it and made the photo it had the tape on it. It only stands to reason that he put it on sometime after the 24th of June because he needed it to transport gas for his empty lawnmower. He admits that he would not have carried gas in it without the air vent being covered.

Logically, then, if the gas can without tape was in the trunk with Caylee then the cross contamination couldn't have happened at that time. I think the entire roll was contaminated with the blue fibers even before Casey used it on Caylee. And that would be a good thing as it would link the tape on Caylee directly to the roll used by George. It's every bit as good (maybe even better) than being able to match the manufacturer's cotton in the duct tape backing to show that all the pieces came from the same roll.

Are the blue fibers found part of the duct tape that make it the industrial strength variety they say it is? Stronger than cotton fiber, therefore it didn't break down?

GA wants as to be as far away as "China" regarding the duct tape that is on the can. BC is severely trying to knock holes in the duct tape evidence. It really sounds like the can is significant and GA wants no part of having put it on the can, no way, no how. My guess the duct tape was there the whole time and was put there by KC. JMO

In George's most recent depo he says there was no duct tape on the empty gas can when he got it back from Casey. IIRC that was June 24th. He says he did not put the tape on the can ever. But in early Aug when OCSO took it and made the photo it had the tape on it. It only stands to reason that he put it on sometime after the 24th of June because he needed it to transport gas for his empty lawnmower. He admits that he would not have carried gas in it without the air vent being covered.

Logically, then, if the gas can without tape was in the trunk with Caylee then the cross contamination couldn't have happened at that time. I think the entire roll was contaminated with the blue fibers even before Casey used it on Caylee. And that would be a good thing as it would link the tape on Caylee directly to the roll used by George. It's every bit as good (maybe even better) than being able to match the manufacturer's cotton in the duct tape backing to show that all the pieces came from the same roll.

Is it the same Gas can he used when he went to collect the car from the tow yard on the 15th of july?

Is it the same Gas can he used when he went to collect the car from the tow yard on the 15th of july?

I read a post within this last week that someone said it was but I haven't confirmed it. Don't remember which thread but the poster said the man from the tow yard had commented on the old fashioned metal can. I dunno for sure.

Yes, JoH. I believe that was cleared up at the deposition.

George was completely noncommittal about what gas can he may have used at the tow yard. Nor could he say definitively which car he put the empty in, KC's or Cindy's. He claimed to be foggy on the whole issue.

George was completely noncommittal about what gas can he may have used at the tow yard. Nor could he say definitively which car he put the empty in, KC's or Cindy's. He claimed to be foggy on the whole issue.

So he could be mistaken on whether or not he actually saw that tape before.

Did LE get the steak knife in the car? I know Cindy removed it from the car and washed it, but did LE take all the knives in the set?
I think had Cindy not removed it...it could be the smoking gun. It would connect the duct tape even further to the house and to Casey. I read about characteristics of industrial duct tape.. Most articles say it must be cut, can't be torn. I would think the knife would retain some of the sticky adhesive despite washing.. (like the adhesive from the heart sticker on the duct tape under water for so long...it was still there)
Suppose she did use the knife to cut the duct tape...why is it in her car? Where was she when she cut the tape? Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed.. thanks!

So he could be mistaken on whether or not he actually saw that tape before.

There was no misinterpreting his position on the duct tape on the gas can in his depo. He swears over & over that he did not put that piece of tape on the gas can! "He would never have put it on there in such a sloppy manner!!" Although the SA continually tries to get him to budge off of his position on that, he won't go there. He repeated the whole "don't try and confuse me..." bit like in his ZFG depo.

Well in that case, did he put duct tape on the can to transfer it to the tow yard? And this is before LE confinscated the can the first time? July 15th?

Dang if I wouldn't want to see the opposite side of that tape, the side on the can. Just lifting it a little bit I could tell whether it was new or old. And so could LE.

The duct tape I use seems to attract everything around it quickly and I would think GA would have had to wipe clean the area he was adhering the tape to on the can. Especially a 20 some year old metal can.

See, it's these little things that are gonna trap, well continue to trap the A's in their cover-up lies.

LE knows.

Did LE get the steak knife in the car? I know Cindy removed it from the car and washed it, but did LE take all the knives in the set?
I think had Cindy not removed it...it could be the smoking gun. It would connect the duct tape even further to the house and to Casey. I read about characteristics of industrial duct tape.. Most articles say it must be cut, can't be torn. I would think the knife would retain some of the sticky adhesive despite washing.. (like the adhesive from the heart sticker on the duct tape under water for so long...it was still there)
Suppose she did use the knife to cut the duct tape...why is it in her car? Where was she when she cut the tape? Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed.. thanks!

Since Cindy said the knife was part of the dinnerware set and was only slightly serrated wouldn't the duct tape still have serrated edges if it was cut with that knife?

Since Cindy said the knife was part of the dinnerware set and was only slightly serrated wouldn't the duct tape still have serrated edges if it was cut with that knife?

I don't think we've seen the edges of the tape, because the ME said the tape had to be cut out of Caylee's hair. So the ends of the tape should be still attached to the hair mass, and the pictures we're seeing are the parts of the tape cut away from the hair by the ME.

I think it would cause messy edges.. but did LE take the whole set to examine for adhesive? I can't find it in the discovery.

From what I gathered. The duct tape was used on the can to cover up the air hole so the fumes wouldn't come out. So here are a few questions:

(I remove the tape from the air hole so the gas will pour faster)

When Tony Lazzaro poured the gas into Casey's car, did he remove duct tape from the air hole? Are his prints on the duct tape?

When LE confinscated the can, did they remove duct tape and examine it? Is this the duct tape in question?

When LE returned the can, did it have duct tape on it? George said it did not.

When LE confinscated the can the second time, did it have duct tape on it? Is this the duct tape in question? George says he did not put the duct tape on the can.
When Casey poured the gas into her car, did she remove the duct tape from the air hole? Are her finger prints on the gas can duct tape?
We don't know the answers to all those questions,but next to Casey and Cindy, George Anthony is the last person I would believe.
If he tells all these new versions of what happened ,during the trial ,the SA will just whip out his statements to LE and the FBI and impeach him..Hopefully there will be perjury charges,too.
JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim