The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why all the backlash against these people!

It is nobody's business how many children a couple decides to have. They are not on welfare or public assistance so get over yourselves and worry about your own family.

How a loving family lives their lives is of no concern to me and if they decide to live differently of the mainstream, good for them!

It is nobody's business how many children a couple decides to have. They are not on welfare or public assistance so get over yourselves and worry about your own family.

How a loving family lives their lives is of no concern to me and if they decide to live differently of the mainstream, good for them!

Yeah, but this is Websleuths. This is what we do! Welcome to the mob!

About 95% of these threads are none of our concern.

lol, that's funny and true.

I will say, if you have not watched their specials on TLC or Discovery, you should. I think you would get a better picture of how they treat each other and how they live their lives. It isnt for everyone, but I think they have a nice setup and probably get more attention than kids do these days with working parents and busy society.

Calm down, don't be so critical of us. We all have our opinions that we are entitled to. Of course this couple will be talked about due to their large family. It's not normal to be pregnant for almost 20 yrs straight. Most of us can't imagine that. That's fine that this couple has and wants so many children, but I also think they enjoy the publicity they get. I remember watching them take this huge vacation across the states. Surely they didn't pay for that trip. They encourage the cameras on them. JMO

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
that's true....
Yet still, both of you are here reading about them and posting your opinions. :D Guess that makes you no better than the rest of us. I say when you put yourself out in the public eye like they have, you open yourself up for public judgment. JMO...of course! :D

Yet still, both of you are here reading about them and posting your opinions. :D Guess that makes you no better than the rest of us. I say when you put yourself out in the public eye like they have, you open yourself up for public judgment. JMO...of course! :D

I was defending my right to opine that this woman should close her legs tighter than a bear trap. :) I'm certainly no better than any of you. Most likely, I'm much worse!

I was about to agree with pixies (and I do) but your statement is so true. It made me laugh. :)

I'm concerned about the kids,perhaps it isn't any of my biz,but I do think I have a right to be concerned.Just because they appear to be happy doesn't mean they're living the best life they could be..getting a decent education,and not having to do so much childcare and housework would be a good place to start.Right now they've never lived anything else,so this is all they know.
It reminds me of an episode on Roseanne,where a teenage neighbor is helping her cook.She has a meatloaf recipe,and Roseanne quips back, "You're too young to have a meatloaf recipe...now go get something pierced!" LOL.
When it comes time to vote and these issues come up..homeschooling,taxes,etc.,it's surely something to think about.
Jim Bob claims to be conservative,but I guess he's the one who picks and chooses exactly what he's conservative about..not paying taxes on the house,not being concerned about his kids getting a decent education, and not giving a hoot about his wife's future health by continuously getting her pregnant year after year doesn't seem to be too awful conservative to me.

I'm concerned about the kids,perhaps it isn't any of my biz,but I do think I have a right to be concerned.Just because they appear to be happy doesn't mean they're living the best life they could be..getting a decent education,and not having to do so much childcare and housework would be a good place to start.Right now they've never lived anything else,so this is all they know.
It reminds me of an episode on Roseanne,where a teenage neighbor is helping her cook.She has a meatloaf recipe,and Roseanne quips back, "You're too young to have a meatloaf recipe...now go get something pierced!" LOL.
When it comes time to vote and these issues come up..homeschooling,taxes,etc.,it's surely something to think about.
Jim Bob claims to be conservative,but I guess he's the one who picks and chooses exactly what he's conservative about..not paying taxes on the house,not being concerned about his kids getting a decent education, and not giving a hoot about his wife's future health by continuously getting her pregnant year after year doesn't seem to be too awful conservative to me.

Wait wait wait!!
I have seen their shows and I totally did not get the impression that the wife was some doormat! I seriously doubt she has no say over how many kids they have.
She wants a big family and they have a big family. It is their life.
If you are against homeschooling? Who cares! Raise your own kids the way you see fit but don't bash some other family for doing so.
About the kids helping out with the younger children...SO? Many of us helped out our parents. That is what a family is all about, loving and helping each other through life.

This family is just different from the typical suburban family and for some reason, that irks people.

Maybe I am incorrect, but I don't think they would be getting a stimulus check. I would think the father would have to make some serious cash to provide for the family so they would be over the income limits?????

Maybe I am incorrect, but I don't think they would be getting a stimulus check. I would think the father would have to make some serious cash to provide for the family so they would be over the income limits?????
he may not be reporting it all..who knows?

Wait wait wait!!
I have seen their shows and I totally did not get the impression that the wife was some doormat! I seriously doubt she has no say over how many kids they have.
say or not,he should still have more respect for her health than that.I think a Dr. said her health was in danger after the 10th one.he isn't teaching his kids much in the way of that.
kids learn what they live...some of the boys might wonder why on earth their future wives don't want lots of kids,too!

If you are against homeschooling? Who cares! Raise your own kids the way you see fit but don't bash some other family for doing so.
wow,you put a heck of a lot of words into my mouth that I didn't say.I have nothing against homeschooling..I don't see how,with so many of them,that they're getting a proper education,or having the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.

About the kids helping out with the younger children...SO? Many of us helped out our parents. That is what a family is all about, loving and helping each other through life.
that's not what is happening here...Michelle has baby after baby,and they get passed off to the older ones to take care of.It's not the same as 'hand me a diaper',or 'get me the baby wipes'.

This family is just different from the typical suburban family and for some reason, that irks people.
you're sticking words in my mouth again..I said I was concerned about the kids.

I've watched their shows and they budget and buy in volume and are pretty thrifty. I would think they get a rebate unless he makes more than the max.

Hey, at least there's only one dad for all those kids and they aren't getting pregnant at the age of 12 and being passed around to the next elder for his enjoyment.

If they feel froggy about all those kids more power to them. Me it wouldn't be I would be locked in a nice padded room somewhere thru all that.

I've watched their shows and they budget and buy in volume and are pretty thrifty. I would think they get a rebate unless he makes more than the max.

Hey, at least there's only one dad for all those kids and they aren't getting pregnant at the age of 12 and being passed around to the next elder for his enjoyment.

Taximom,
I agree they seem to be fairly thrifty.
Have you seen the NEW house?
A friend of mine is a camera guy for TLC, he said that house is worth over a million.

I'm sure it's worth over a million...it's GORGEOUS! I know they saved big money there by doing a lot of the work themselves and with the help of a contractor friend. Man, oh man, would I love to have a contractor as a friend. Anyway, they seem fine to me. I'm just amazed at how they get anything done.

She's probably not a member of WS, I can tell you that right now.

:D

If they feel froggy about all those kids more power to them. Me it wouldn't be I would be locked in a nice padded room somewhere thru all that.

No, wait, pooky...let's send all the kids to the padded room so we can hang out in the giant sauna in the back. :woohoo:

This is the post of the day .LMAO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back