The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I love the way they raise their children. Too bad more parents don't take their roles nearly as seriously as the Duggars,

I just heard that!! Holy crap! But, I'm not really surprised. They'll probably keep going till she hits menopause.

I'm not surprised either. My only concern is that the risk of birth defects increases greatly after 40. Here's to hoping this little one and all future babies are healthy and well.

The only way I can relate to her wanting another baby is the way I am about pets. I love nurturing baby animals and have my own domestic zoo to prove it. Like her, many people don't understand why I would want yet another puppy, kitten, or other critter. Unlike her having the older siblings to care for the younger, I have to do all the work.:bang:At least I won't have the college bills.

From what I understand, Mr. Duggar owns properties, and that is at least part of their income. The live debt-free and pay as they go, so I imagine that helps. I think it took a long, long time for them to complete their huge house.

However, and tell me if I'm wrong, didn't the Discovery Channel finish the house, the final decorations and all?

And I assume they get money from all those specials.

I'm not surprised either. My only concern is that the risk of birth defects increases greatly after 40. Here's to hoping this little one and all future babies are healthy and well.

I know, I keep thinking that too. They've been so lucky that all have been healthy so far.

HAHAHAA!! XCom - I mentioned that earlier on in this thread!! That makes me laugh!!

From what I understand, Mr. Duggar owns properties, and that is at least part of their income. The live debt-free and pay as they go, so I imagine that helps. I think it took a long, long time for them to complete their huge house.

However, and tell me if I'm wrong, didn't the Discovery Channel finish the house, the final decorations and all?

And I assume they get money from all those specials.
I recall reading that,too.And that they were about to get kicked out of their rental,so it really needed to be completed.So they finished it for them.
I have to say I do think they must have been breaking some codes/ordinances to have that many ppl in a 3 bedroom house.Of course that's not safe in case of fire.I know in mine we're only allowed 2 ppl per bedroom to live in the house,total.So in a 3 bed. house,that would be,inc. the parents,4 kids max allowed.Although it might be more in Ark.I'm guessing they must have rented through someone they knew to be able to do that.
I recall reading Michelle said they had 2 baths total there,and there would be a long line outside each one every morning.Poor kids.That wouldn't even be allowed in a hotel room or workplace !! Wow,there really needs to be more laws to protect children and preserve their basic rights.Esp. ones such as parents adhering to fire safety codes.They have a right to be safe.

I recall reading that,too.And that they were about to get kicked out of their rental,so it really needed to be completed.So they finished it for them.
I have to say I do think they must have been breaking some codes/ordinances to have that many ppl in a 3 bedroom house.Of course that's not safe in case of fire.I know in mine we're only allowed 2 ppl per bedroom to live in the house,total.So in a 3 bed. house,that would be,inc. the parents,4 kids max allowed.Although it might be more in Ark.I'm guessing they must have rented through someone they knew to be able to do that.

When I saw one of the TV specials, I saw that they had at least two of those nice, big, front-loading washing machines and dryers. Those things are very expensive, at least $800 each. Plus all their fancy new kitchen equipment. If they pay as they go, did they really pay cash for all this stuff, or was some of it donated by Discovery Channel? Our dryer's about to quit, and we're trying to scrape up enough cash to buy one (we also don't do credit), but we're looking at something $400 or less. I can't imagine having the cash on hand to buy those more expensive ones.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24537885/

Apparently they were on one of the morning shows- I didn't read this whole article as I'm supposed to be working but from what I did read it talks about what he's done for a living. I just can't imagine being pregnant that many times - not to mention raising and supporting that many children.

When I saw one of the TV specials, I saw that they had at least two of those nice, big, front-loading washing machines and dryers. Those things are very expensive, at least $800 each. Plus all their fancy new kitchen equipment. If they pay as they go, did they really pay cash for all this stuff, or was some of it donated by Discovery Channel? Our dryer's about to quit, and we're trying to scrape up enough cash to buy one (we also don't do credit), but we're looking at something $400 or less. I can't imagine having the cash on hand to buy those more expensive ones.
me either,I don't know if they gave them the appliances,too.

..they said the oldest,Josh,had a surprise,too.I wonder if he's getting married?If so I imagine it would be to someone from a large family as well.

During the TV special on the house building, the Duggars said they went to a restaurant equipment auction and bought the kitchen appliances there, at a very good price. I don't remember if they bought the washers and dryers were new or used. I have heard them say they buy most things used to save money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back