The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
and can you imagine the paycheck they are taking in from TLC- I have watched their story- to each their own- but I was not impressed

I'd venture to guess they get a rather hefty paycheck.

WAIT!!! i forgot... Jehosephat!!! :crazy:

I'd venture to guess they get a rather hefty paycheck.

There was a rerun of that road trip they took when JoHanna (baby 16) was a baby. Lucky baby, she's the only one who had a different color wardrobe. When I saw again the special treatment they received at Disneyland, it was obvious much of that, if not all was paid for. I will say, those children are all very well mannered, at least what the camera showed of them.

maybe write on them w/ a permanent magic marker? I don't know since I've never tried to run one thru the dishwasher though.

Marker does eventually wear off, or come off, in the dishwasher.

Brown tape worked for a bit until the kids used it to label everything in the kitchen lol

The little machine that prints it out is pretty tough. It stays on during the dishwasher so far.

I started to color code things with one color per kid but ran into trouble because violet is hard to find lol

..they said the oldest,Josh,had a surprise,too.I wonder if he's getting married?If so I imagine it would be to someone from a large family as well.

On this very snarky forum I read about the Duggars, someone posted (jokingly, of course) that Joshua's secret is that he has a partner named Jonah, is moving to San Francisco, and is voting for Obama.

Did I read on here that mama Duggar is pregnant again?!?!?
Is it good for the human body to be pregnant almost constantly for 20 odd years?

how about a 70's retro name,only w/ a J of course..."Jee your hair smells terrific!" LOL

On this very snarky forum I read about the Duggars, someone posted (jokingly, of course) that Joshua's secret is that he has a partner named Jonah, is moving to San Francisco, and is voting for Obama.
O My! LOL

Surely mama knows that she doesn't need another child.
So am I to understand that their religion keeps the Duggar's from using birth control?

Did I read on here that mama Duggar is pregnant again?!?!?
Is it good for the human body to be pregnant almost constantly for 20 odd years?
I don't know,in some ways,maybe,as she would be at very low risk for ovarian,uterine,endometrial and breast cancer.And those high hormone levels do help keep blood vessels pliable.
But in other ways,she's in danger of uterine and bladder prolapse,uterine rupture (she's had a couple of c-sections),and uterine retro-version after birth (can be very dangerous,the uterus turns inside out),and hemmoraghing.And at the least..hemorrhoids.(ick,lol).If she hasn't avoided those by now,then I'm not sure how.
I'm not sure about cardiovascular..but it seems to me,the older she gets,the more danger she's in of heart problems and strokes,as the heart does enlarge during pregnancy,and blood volume increases (I think at least 2x as much over pre-pregnancy levels,maybe more).She's also increasingly at risk for high blood pressure and gestational diabetes,with age.
But perhaps it's more of a danger,overall,to the baby; things like premature birth or miscarriage,birth defects,Down's Syndrome,etc. increase with age as well.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong,though,it's been many yrs since I've taken anything medical,so that's just off the top of my head.

I totally forgot to say my husbands grandma who is 89 years old and still healthy and happy as ever gave birth to 21 healthy children at home without medical assistance.
Her mom and sisters delivered all of the kids.

Record number of kids born to one mother:

It is 69 Kids!
The world record for having the most number of children officially recorded is 69 by the first of two wives of Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782), a peasant from Shuya, 150 miles east of Moscow. In 27 confinements, she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets. The children were born between 1725-1765.

Either that or they suck at the rhythm method!!!:doh:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/aboutus.html

Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar married July 21st, 1984. At that time, they chose to use the birth control pill. They thought, “We don’t want children right now. We can’t afford them. We want children in our timing, when we’re ready.” Four years later they decided to have their first child. Then, Michelle went back on the pill, but she conceived and had a miscarriage. At that point they talked with a Christian medical doctor and read the fine print in the contraceptives package. They found that while taking the pill you can get pregnant and then miscarry. They were grieved! They were Christians! They were pro-life! They realized that their selfish actions had taken the life of their child. They prayed and asked God to forgive them, and to teach them to love children like He loves children. They asked God to bless them with as many children as He saw fit in His timing. Right after that Michelle got pregnant with twins! To date they have been blessed with 17 children, (10 boys and 7 girls) Joshua, Jana & John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah (and #18 due in January 2009!).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back