The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is a funny site.
This had me rolling on the floor:
duckinfuggars:crazy::crazy: bahaaaaaaa

Which reminded me of the movie, Meet The Fockers.

Remember Barbra Streistand played the mom :
Mother Focker :D

I thought there was going to be a birth announcement! When is she due, anyway? I wonder if the kids will have big families of their own.

I *love* family. I *adore* children. I do find that I am having a problem with this family growing more and more and more. I wish I could put a finger on why, but I can't. Something truly disburbs me about this and I'm not so sure I believe "the Lord will provide" (my own opinionated phrase here). It bothers me that there may be more of a psych thing going on with having more children than could be possibly healthy. I do not doubt this family doesn't love each and everyone of each other, but I do wonder if there is more to this on another level.

Hey, it could just be me and I admit I could very possibly be missing the big picture. :)

me too,ordinarylife.IMO they are trying to have as many kids as they can possibly have,as if it is an addiction of some sort.nevermind the age (and potential for down's syndrome or other birth defects) or health implications (Michelle has so much scar tissue she had trouble finding a dr to deliver the 16th one,Johanna,back in '05).and with raising so many and homeschooling them all,I don't see how the kids are getting a decent education or reaching their full potential.the older girls seem to have far too much responsibility as well..housework,childcare,teaching the younger ones,etc.Jim Bob and Michelle don't seem to care how much burden they are placing on the older kids;just having as many as possible seems to be their goal.it seems selfish to me.I doubt they ever sit down w the older kids bf getting pregnant again and say 'how would YOU feel about having another bro or sister??' It's all about them.they can just use God as an excuse.

Wow, I don't recall asking my kids how they felt about a new brother or sister. Quite frankly, it's none of their business if I choose to have another and I'd not let a child decide that for me, or have a say in it at all. So I'm in the selfish department here too I guess.

On the homeschool thing, she still has fewer students than most teachers in a public school room. So it's doable. She also does not have to deal with red tape or books that are 10 years out of date like our teachers here do.

Responsibility never hurt anyone. Being in a family, large or small, means responsibility. Unless you do every single thing for your kids from dusk to dawn the whole time they live with you, which is pretty far fetched imho.

Meh, I don't care how many kids anyone has, or how they name them, or how they feed them, as long as they dont abuse or kill them. Then it's an issue.

I went to the site to vote and was hoping you could add your own. I would have suggested Jughead.

Spitting coffee through nose at the keyboard.:spit:

Thanks for getting my day set off on a positive note.

Wow, I don't recall asking my kids how they felt about a new brother or sister. Quite frankly, it's none of their business if I choose to have another and I'd not let a child decide that for me, or have a say in it at all. So I'm in the selfish department here too I guess.

On the homeschool thing, she still has fewer students than most teachers in a public school room. So it's doable. She also does not have to deal with red tape or books that are 10 years out of date like our teachers here do.

Responsibility never hurt anyone. Being in a family, large or small, means responsibility. Unless you do every single thing for your kids from dusk to dawn the whole time they live with you, which is pretty far fetched imho.

Meh, I don't care how many kids anyone has, or how they name them, or how they feed them, as long as they dont abuse or kill them. Then it's an issue.

i so agree!!! my auntie raised or mostly raised about 20 kids. some were related in some way, most not, including me. she also milked cows twice a day and was a midwife. she nurtured all of us, and except for one, we all turned out fine.

later she said she wished she had home-schooled. (it wasnt an option in those days) she said it would have been easier than getting us all off to school, and louisiana schools arent the best.

we all helped, it was just the thing to do. we werent as well off as the duggars, but nobody ever went hungry or naked or unloved. we made do, and did fine.

it was chaos at times, but we all loved and depended on each other. if one youngun had a runny nose, whoever noticed it first got to wipe it LOL we all worked in the garden and helped around the farm. nobody ever felt that they were slaves. or used, or working too hard. in our house, if you felt 'put upon' you could always go back to the parents who dumped you on our driveway. that never happened.

she had no religion that told her to do this, it was sorta thrust upon her. in my case she fought the courts for 5 years to get me away from my drunk, drugheaded abusive mother.
i was the only one she had to go to that extreme. most of the younguns she raised were unwanted or in the way somehow. none of us were in her way, we knew love and care. yes, you can love and nurture 18 kids and teach them what family is.

she rocked colicky babies and teenagers who got their heart broke. made cocoa on cold mornings for 20 many a morning. our dining table was a 4x8 sheet of plywood, if that wasnt enough, we ate on the floor. we had 2 stoves and several refrigerators (yes, all but one were on the front porch LOL)

we got foodstamps for 3 months one time. auntie said it wasnt worth the humiliation, so we didnt reapply. most of the kids werent technically hers, so didnt count on the household number anyway. we had a garden and chickens and pigs and rabbits and beef calves and a milk cow. we canned and jellified and froze a ton of food every summer and fall. garage sales and goodwill dressed us, except for shoes. kmart was for shoes LOL

it was a wonderful way to grow up. we learned to make do with what we had, and work for what extras we had our hearts set on. we learned about family. we learned that nothing comes free, except love.

ETA we had one bathroom and no airconditioning most of this time. one of the stoves was a woodstove, and we had gas heaters, but mostly stayed in the kitchen dining room by the stove. some of us slept on the floor on pallets. i couldnt live in those conditions now, im too spoiled LOL

Mira, that story is unbelievable. She deserves sainthood, or at least, a "queen for a day" gift from Oprah.

as for the Duggars: this family never ceases to amaze me. The bride made the bridesmaid dresses? *blink*
and I thought that pickling watermelon was ambitious...

Does anyone who watches the show know the 'recipe' for the laundry detergent that they make? If so, would you please share it with me?

They took something and put it in a pot on the stove with water and gently heated it to melt it without boiling it and then poured it in a five gallon bucket and filled the bucket to the top with hot water and let it set overnight. I missed the first part where they identified what it was they were using.

I would love to make cheap laundry detergent that cleans well.

Thank you so much. Now I can finally make it (soap). And I have news for holiday guests TT casserole has turkey in it. I have been wanting to make the Tater Tot Casserole (for years) too. And this year I am gonna make it. Thanks to you and the recipe link.

what I wanna know is why the heck are they shocked she is pregnant again. I mean she is pretty much constantly pregnant so it should be pretty normal lol

If anyone makes the soap please respond on what you think of it!!

I bought everything but the fels-naptha or whatever the bar soap is called. I have it on my list but HEB does not carry it here. Or at least the three I went to don't, that leaves a few more HEB's here or I will try wal-mart and if no luck I will have to order it online. But I hate paying shipping on a bar of soap. I will let all know how it works.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back