The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MajorHoople

Reaction score
Taliban declare their political leader the new Afghan President | Daily Mail Online

"The co-founder of the Taliban has been declared the new President of Afghanistan after the terror group announced the 20-year Western occupation 'is over now' and proclaimed an Islamic state during a triumphant speech from the Presidential Palace in Kabul.

Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, who fought in the Soviet-Afghan War during the 1980s and helped ex-chief Mohammad Omar create the Taliban in 1994, has already been installed as the head of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, according to reports in the Arab world."

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the job of recovering those left behind and looking over our shoulders while we do that really kicks in. We need to close up whatever security and intelligence gaps we have. There will be those who will seek revenge for what happened over the last 2 weeks, plus the 20 years before. And as much as I welcome repatriated Americans, refugees, and those who helped our military, there will invariably be someone with sketchy connections or a propensity for radicalization and revenge - that is just reality, IMO. So we need to be both careful and welcoming. Kind of like leaving a violent marriage, you look over your shoulder and you watch out for who's in front of you, too. JMO, and not a nice opinion, I know.

Again, I do not know how to post a link though I've tried endlessly.

The Daily Mail has pictures of fireworks going off because the Taliban is celebrating, and quotes one Taliban member as saying "our 20 years of sacrifice were worth it."

This is sickening, shocking and saddening. IMO. The US sacrificed for 20 years and we went 360° around, back to a new generation of Taliban and ISIS terrorists. Some probably weren't even born yet on 9/11, or were tiny children.

THEIR 20 years of sacrifice. And they won, for now at least.

I am literally crying thinking of the US and allied lives lost, and the wounded, to come to nothing but this. The trillions of dollars wasted and our military equipment now being brandished by terrorists. It's outrageous.

I do hope we got our Afghan allies out, those who truly helped the US and our allies, and I dread lest any terrorist managed to get to the West due to the chaos. IMO it's just a matter of time until we endure large-scale terror attacks again.

This is from Clarissa Ward, the reporter from CNN today:

Taliban source tells CNN they’re concerned ISIS K fighters have “been melted” with the Taliban in Kabul and it’s very challenging to distinguish them from legitimate Taliban fighters. This makes securing the capital a challenge.
3:23 PM · Aug 30, 2021

https://twitter.com/clarissaward/status/1432438740887216128

My question is who do the citizens left behind trust? They are surrounded by " melted together" terrorists, who more than likely know where they are and who they are.

Again, I do not know how to post a link though I've tried endlessly.

The Daily Mail has pictures of fireworks going off because the Taliban is celebrating, and quotes one Taliban member as saying "our 20 years of sacrifice were worth it."

This is sickening, shocking and saddening. IMO. The US sacrificed for 20 years and we went 360° around, back to a new generation of Taliban and ISIS terrorists. Some probably weren't even born yet on 9/11, or were tiny children.

THEIR 20 years of sacrifice. And they won, for now at least.

I am literally crying thinking of the US and allied lives lost, and the wounded, to come to nothing but this. The trillions of dollars wasted and our military equipment now being brandished by terrorists. It's outrageous.

I do hope we got our Afghan allies out, those who truly helped the US and our allies, and I dread lest any terrorist managed to get to the West due to the chaos. IMO it's just a matter of time until we endure large-scale terror attacks again.

And prayers to our troops who saw horrendous things and will suffer with those nightmares in their heads.

This is a sad day for the military men and women who served over in Afghanistan.
Knowing how this was handled by both United States administration and the military advisors. No words can express my sorrow for the 13 men and women who gave the ultimatum sacrifice.

rbbm.
Taliban celebrate victory as U.S. troops leave Afghanistan
''McKenzie said the Taliban were “significantly helpful” in enabling the airlift but will have difficulty securing Kabul in the coming days, not least because of the threat they face from IS. He said the Taliban had freed IS fighters from prisons, swelling their ranks to an estimated 2,000.

“Now they are going to be able to reap what they sowed,” the American general said.''

The military dogs were left behind. I'm sick.

American Humane Condemns Death Sentence Delivered to Contract Working Dogs Left Behind in Kabul, Afghanistan - American Humane

Snipped
I am devastated by reports that the American government is pulling out of Kabul and leaving behind brave U.S. military contract working dogs to be tortured and killed at the hand of our enemies. These brave dogs do the same dangerous, lifesaving work as our military working dogs, and deserved a far better fate than the one to which they have been condemned.

This senseless fate is made all the more tragic, as American Humane stands ready to not only help transport these contract K-9 soldiers to U.S. soil but also to provide for their lifetime medical care.

Thank you dotr, that is exactly the photo I was referring to that I saw on the daily mail.
The picture(s) of Joe Biden turning his back on questions from journalists, about Afghanistan and THIS picture of the Taliban sauntering through a United States hanger, wearing United States uniforms, carrying United States weapons, to inspect their new, probably 1 million dollar toy, makes me physically ill.

Aug 30, 2021

The military dogs were left behind. I'm sick.

American Humane Condemns Death Sentence Delivered to Contract Working Dogs Left Behind in Kabul, Afghanistan - American Humane

Snipped
I am devastated by reports that the American government is pulling out of Kabul and leaving behind brave U.S. military contract working dogs to be tortured and killed at the hand of our enemies. These brave dogs do the same dangerous, lifesaving work as our military working dogs, and deserved a far better fate than the one to which they have been condemned.

This senseless fate is made all the more tragic, as American Humane stands ready to not only help transport these contract K-9 soldiers to U.S. soil but also to provide for their lifetime medical care.
It would’ve been far more humane to put bullets in their heads if they weren’t going to take the dogs. I just can’t… why? What possible reason is there to leave them there alive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom
Back