The Girlfriend's Statement

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...nd-on-what-she-heard-on-the-phone#pl-68832490

Very sad at the end, the girlfriend's statement answers lots of questions...

It sounds like she was busy chewing gum the whole time. Also, whoever was doing the interview wasn't asking for too many specifics. She says "like" in describing everything... "like 3 or 2 times..."

IMO, the defense lawyer wouldn't necessarily have to go after her hard since she appears to volunteer extra information every chance she gets. That extra info could get her testimony in trouble.

The last statement that TM's "problem" is that he "never fights" could be very troublesome. The defense could ask her about other kids that fight like she thinks TM should. It also seems likely that if what she says is true then there are people including herself who tell him to fight more. A good question for the Def. would be how many times she or his friends egg TM on to fight someone.

I would be scared as a prosecutor if she was my star witness.

It sounds like she was busy chewing gum the whole time. Also, whoever was doing the interview wasn't asking for too many specifics. She says "like" in describing everything... "like 3 or 2 times..."

IMO, the defense lawyer wouldn't necessarily have to go after her hard since she appears to volunteer extra information every chance she gets. That extra info could get her testimony in trouble.

The last statement that TM's "problem" is that he "never fights" could be very troublesome. The defense could ask her about other kids that fight like she thinks TM should. It also seems likely that if what she says is true then there are people including herself who tell him to fight more. A good question for the Def. would be how many times she or his friends egg TM on to fight someone.

Unless she had done a written statement that is different than what was recorded, we never heard her whole statement only pieces and some information did not come directly from her but through Crump. And we all know how that sort of thing goes. jmo

Unless she had done a written statement that is different than what was recorded, we never heard her whole statement only pieces and some information did not come directly from her but through Crump. And we all know how that sort of thing goes. jmo

I was referring to statements that she made in the recording. Was it edited or cut up before release?

I definitely noticed one issue between what Crump said and her testimony. She clearly says he was running, yet Crump had said that she said TM refused to run and that she was trying to get him to run. Am I missing something there?

Well, clearly you haven't walked in their shoes. I wish life were so black and white.

You clearly have no clue what I am. I'll give you a hint, I am not "white" so using those words on me has less effect than you think.

You clearly have no clue what I am. I'll give you a hint, I am not "white" so using those words on me has less effect than you think.

I agree and don't understand why some have to make things so personal.

Many of us just want to discuss this case without feeling like we're the bad guys because we're not seeing things the way that some might.

IMO!

I wouldn't doubt that she didn't tell them, just as I wouldn't doubt that they had no clue that she was "distraught" over it.

What does being African American have to do with doing the right thing? It's called integrity and the last time I looked up the word it didn't have segregated definitions.

If Ms. Genovese is who I think it is (Genovese was a HUGE name back when the mob ran everything) I don't doubt that people wouldn't talk about it. The mafia was a pretty scary thing at one point in time.

Kitty Genovese was a young woman that was murdered when she came home after work one night. It was said her neighbors heard her screams but thought someone else would call the police and didn't want to get involved.

The man who stabbed her ,ran away after a neighbor called out to leave her alone and then returned and finished stabbing her.

I had chronic dry mouth for months after my daughter was killed. It's a common result of shock and grief. Gum was not only helpful, it was necessary.

http://www.caringinfo.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3370

You may notice physical changes such as trembling, nausea, trouble breathing, muscle weakness, dry mouth, or trouble sleeping and eating.

Guilt is a common response which may be easier to accept and overcome by looking at the experience in terms of “regret.”

-------

What barely 16 year old girl doesn't use the word "like" in nearly every sentence?

I find her to be credible.

JMO

I agree and don't understand why some have to make things so personal.

Many of us just want to discuss this case without feeling like we're the bad guys because we're not seeing things the way that some might.

IMO!

That's a two way street, ya know. :)

(OT - Where have the smilies disappeared to?)

I had chronic dry mouth for months after my daughter was killed. It's a common result of shock and grief. Gum was not only helpful, it was necessary.

You may notice physical changes such as trembling, nausea, trouble breathing, muscle weakness, dry mouth, or trouble sleeping and eating.

Guilt is a common response which may be easier to accept and overcome by looking at the experience in terms of “regret.”

-------

What barely 16 year old girl doesn't use the word "like" in nearly every sentence?

JMO

LOL. You mean in like:

"Do you like really, I mean like, really like it?" 13 year-olds do it, too. lol

Listening to this young girl breaks my heart. She heard the beginning of the murder of someone she cared about. This trauma will be with her for a lifetime.

I understand what she said about the sound of falling on the grass. There's sort of a distinctive, "Thud." I think she told the story as best as she understood it and I commend her courage in doing so. It must have been difficult for her.

Insofar as her calling the police, I think experience has taught AA to not rely for help from LE in many cases. In fact, IMO, this case proves the point.

I think the "grass" was contrived, and not by her. That was a very odd thing to say, especially since she heard GZ hit the grass, because he, by all accounts, was the one that went down and started screaming, alone at first. That, and the fact that it eliminates hearing anyone hitting "cement". IIRC, TM's phone was disconnected from the headphones and in his pocket so I don't know how she heard much of anything.

She said she called him back, I'm assuming right away. No record of this call at all, and there should be.

JMO

I think the "grass" was contrived, and not by her. That was a very odd thing to say, especially since she heard GZ hit the grass, because he, by all accounts, was the one that went down and started screaming, alone at first. That, and the fact that it eliminates hearing anyone hitting "cement". IIRC, TM's phone was disconnected from the headphones and in his pocket so I don't know how she heard much of anything.

She said she called him back, I'm assuming right away. No record of this call at all, and there should be.

JMO

His phone was not in his pocket. It was on the grass. It's in the evidence photos. I thought it was stated that when his phone was off it went directly into voicemail and the call is not normally listed. jmo

-------

JMO

I'm guessing she had the gum habit way before Trayvon was killed and that her level of grief has been grossly overstated (and even that's an understatement, imo).

I'm guessing she had the gum habit way before Trayvon was killed and that her level of grief has been grossly overstated (and even that's an understatement, imo).

Do you have anything to back up either of those comments?

One of the problems with adults is that they often fail to understand just how deep and how damaging a level of grief can go in a young child. This young girl admits she suffers from guilt and my guess part of that is now reflected by anger. And all kids chew gum. Just like most girls are prone to use the words "in like....." a lot. Since none of us are experts in grief we don't know what her level of grief is and how she is expressing it, only that she clearly is hurting. I hope her family is getting her counseling. jmo

One of the problems with adults is that they often fail to understand just how deep and how damaging a level of grief can go in a young child. This young girl admits she suffers from guilt and my guess part of that is now reflected by anger. And all kids chew gum. Just like most girls are prone to use the words "in like....." a lot. Since none of us are experts in grief we don't know what her level of grief is and how she is expressing it, only that she clearly is hurting. I hope her family is getting her counseling. jmo

I don't think it's clear at all that she is hurting. Quite the contrary. I think she didn't give the whole situation more than a moments thought other than to gossip momentarily about it with her friends until Crump got to her. jmo

I don't think it's clear at all that she is hurting. Quite the contrary. I think she didn't give the whole situation more than a moments thought other than to gossip momentarily about it with her friends until Crump got to her. jmo

If I recall correctly, I don't think she even did that.

Well she clearly doesn't say she heard nothing, does she? She also has Trayvon asking the first question. I don't think her story is all that inconsistent with Zimmerman's.

IMO, the reason the story matches up is because they received the 911 tapes on Friday night, the 16th, and miraculously found her number on Sunday, the 18th. By Tuesday, the 20th, the story was perfected and in synch.

The biggest and most glaring problem with her story (devised by Crump & Co., IMO), is that Trayvon had been inside the gated community, walking around and looking about, for at least a few moments before Zimmerman dialed the NE number at 7:09. By the time g/f calls him, 7:12, he's been on the property, checking out Zimmerman, walking around, and looking about, for Three minutes.

So while he's telling g/f about the strange man, running, walking around, looking about, walking fast, etc., four more minutes pass before the "confrontation" at 7:16.

Seven minutes to go a football field, really?

JMO

You know, if this child had posted all over her facebook about this case, many would be pointing an accusing finger at her over that as well. IMO, her parents probably put the brakes on her talking to anyone but someone in authority about this case.

Of course the defense is going to rip her apart. That's what they do, especially if she's all they have to work with. And it will have nothing to do with facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!